Everything is getting more high tech, it seems, and the violin is no exception. Despite being hundreds of years old, it seems like there are more ways to learn the violin. If you haven't added iPhone or iPad apps into your violin practice, now is the time to do so. From learning aids to fun sheet music, this list of best violin apps for iPhone and iPad is sure to have something for everyone.
The best violin apps for iPhone and iPad-2021
28 Feb 2021, by  Christine Pamintuan
Eastern Virtual Violin app simulates the Violin musical instrument in a different way that you haven't seen before. This Violin app for iPhone is designed for you to make playing very easy with different oriental / Iranian / and western tunes with accords and rhythm styles that makes this app different and you won't find any app like this in whole world store. It is free to download so you won’t lose anything. Download and try. You will love it.
- has 12 different tunes for 12 types of music
- has ability to change the rhythm speed
- transpose ability from -20 to +20 per cents
- real sound that is made in professional studio
- 6 voice pads that has sound such as KEL, Applause, Laugh, ...
MyOngaku was created by violin teachers and performers and uses the Suzuki method to help new Suzuki violin students and their parents get the most out of practice time. It helps students play the right notes, stay in time, and maintain the proper rhythm, bowing, fingering, and posture. The app has more than 500 video demos to help with learning and playing along, from short bits of music played slowly to complete pieces played at an intermediate tempo. The app is meant to be used with Suzuki Violin School, Volume 1 sheet music.
- Licensed practical aid
- Help beginning Suzuki students make the most of practice time
- Over 500 video demonstrations
- Note-by-note annotation
- Free violin app for iPhone and iPad
MusicPal lets you take a photo of sheet music and the app will play it for you. You have the ability to loop phrases, listen note by note, or isolate bass clef or treble. Play the Symbol Search game to help train the app to read music more accurately. The results depend on the completeness, simplicity, and quality of the musical score image. Right now the app only supports two-stave keyboard music and monophonic instrumental music. The app won't work with sheet music displayed on-screen, vocal music with lyrics, handwritten music, or guitar tab music. MusicPal app review
- Take a photo of sheet music and the app will play what you see
- Tap to hear any note or chord
- Tap and drag to listen to a selection
- Change playback tempo and transposition level
- Every photo taken and tile game played improves the app's accuracy
piaScore is a brilliant app designed for those musicians who want to create, study or learn musical scores. If you already have many scores written out, then easily add your scores to this app for quick access and management. If you are looking to learn the notes of a score, then check out what this app has available or jot down the notes you hear. The app has many features that really separate it from the pack. There’s a classical music sheet search, automatic vertical scrolling, half page turning, rearrange your page layouts, jump directly to a page in a score, a metronome for practicing, musical tools, book covers for your scores, export options and much more. There’s an in-app purchase for some of these features and tools. Free Music Score Viewer "piaScore" app review
- One of the most thorough musical score apps for the iOS
- Create, study and manage musical scores
- Customize your score’s pages, book cover and more
- Convenient Import and Export options, Free classical music search
- In-app purchase for some features and tools
This app is a useful tool for those who are keen on learning how to play the violin. It is also a good auxiliary teaching means that can be used by music teachers. Violin Notes will help you find where notes are on the violin from the musical staff. Use the interactive violin note positions to indicate where the note lives on the treble clef. Holding the note down on the violin also plays the sound to help with finger positioning.
- Good for learners at the beginner’s level
- Good for music teachers
- Easy and fun to use
- Gives a variety of tools for mastering violin skills.
The PlayAlong violin app is a great way to learn and improve your violin playing skills. With more than 250 songs to choose from, the app takes you step by step through the melody and each note of the song. It even waits until you get it right before continuing the song. Such patience. We liked the comments in iTunes and also the fact that you can record your performance and share it with family and friends. PlayAlong Violin app review
- Proficiency scores at the end of each song
- Comprehensive stats of all your performances
- Suitable for beginners and proficient players
- 100 free songs
SyncScore offers a variety of classical music with synchronized scores. See the sheet music, listen to the track, and then play along. The app comes with many full-length tracks including those by Mozart, Bach, Chopin, Beethoven, and more. Features include multitasking support, intuitive navigation, and autoscrolling. Some of the tracks you will enjoy include Presto from “Moonlight” Piano Sonata No. 14 by Beethoven, Chaconne from Violin Partita No. 2 by Bach, and Violin sonata No. 1 by Brahms. Customers seem to think highly of this app.
- Synchronized scores let you follow along as you listen
- Full tracks
- Lots of free music
- High quality 128kbps music asset included
- Free with in-app purchase for nine more hours of tracks
If you are just starting out with playing the violin then take a look at this efficient violin app that helps users learn how to better read musical notes. It’s perfect for practicing these notes and improving your violin playing skills. The app has a straight forward approach to displaying the music. Each note and finger position can be seen on a real sheet of music. Even better, is the fact that this app has no annoying advertisements and no in-app purchases. Become a better violinist with the help of this app.
- An efficient app for learning sight reading for the violin
- Simple and straight forward approach to displaying music
- Great for beginners and those needing to brush up
- Helps with finger placement on the violin
- No annoying ads, No in-app purchases
insTuner Free is an intuitive chromatic tuner that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instruments. It uses a digital signal processing algorithm so is accurate to within 1/1000 semitone. It's completely free and easy to use. It has a fixed note wheel so you can easily find the position of detected pitch. You can match generated tones if you use the app as an electronic pitch pipe. The display is large and clear so everyone should be able to use it to tune their violin and other stringed instruments, woodwinds, brass, timpani, and more. Pretty much any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned use this app.
- Tuning range from C0 to B8
- Precise to ±0.1 cent
- Tone generator
- Universal app
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro