Going away to college is a big undertaking. First you need to decide where to go, and once you're accepted you have to figure out what to take with you. Then you have to keep yourself organized, hand your assignments in on time, study for exams, and on top of that, try to have some semblance of a social life. Here is our list of the best college apps for iPhone and iPad.
The best college apps for iPhone and iPad
9 Aug 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
With the BookTrapper app, you can sell books and textbooks online to the highest bidder. Compare buyback prices from book buyback companies. Get the most money for your used textbooks with this Sell Textbooks app. Ship for free. The app helps you sell your books or textbooks for the highest price by comparing offers from top vendors online. Just enter an ISBN or tap ‘Scan’ to scan a barcode. Whether you are selling, buying, or renting, BookTrapper will help you save the most money.
- Compare Book Buyback Prices
- Compare Textbook Rental Prices
- Compare Textbook Buy Prices
- Scan a Barcode or Enter an ISBN
Thesis Generator, a college app for iPhone takes the user’s opinions and transfers them into a thesis statement. You will benefit from the app if you are the student, the learner, the teacher, the curious, the wise, or if you get essays started in minutes, not hours, or jump start your critical thinking. Whatever you do, never stop learning. This thesis app for iPhone features:
- Print out thesis statements and essay outline suggestions.
- Generates thesis statements for persuasive, argumentative, comparison, and analytical essay types.
- Generate essay outlines.
- Share thesis statements via E-mail.
- Automatically saves results for later retrieval.
- Supports copy/paste of thesis results.
Tired of writing down the schedule in notebooks and forgetting about your homework? Want to improve your academic performance and become more organised? Our app is here to help you! This application was created specifically for students who have a schedule with recurring or alternating weeks and automatically displays the schedule for the following weeks.
- You just fill your schedule once and the application will do the rest for you!
- With a handy widget and Apple Watch support, you do not even need to unlock your device to quickly check the schedule!
- Check the schedule using the widget without unlocking the device.
- Organise your homework and receive reminders about your lessons and homework.
Now you've applied and been accepted, you will need to figure out what to take with you to college. College Packing List helps you plan a stress-free moving day so you don't have to worry about forgetting anything. You'll start out with a master list broken down into six categories and several sub-categories. As you purchase or pack items, check them off. If you want to add or remove an item, go ahead. If you go out shopping, you can filter your list so you can see exactly what you need to buy now.
- Make your move to college fun and organized
- Master list with six categories and several sub-categories
- Each item on the list comes with tips
- Customize your list
- Use your list for multiple years
College Interactive connects you directly with colleges. Sign up and create a detailed profile to highlight your academic, extracurricular, and athletic accomplishments, and upload videos and photos if you like. You can search hundreds of colleges, watch videos, choose your favorites, and start a list of the schools you like. The app has maps and Street View so you can explore and do virtual tours of campuses. You can receive messages directly through the app from colleges about visits, financial aid, reminders about open houses, summer programs, and more. The app has information on more than 4000 colleges and universities in the United States.
- Info on more than 4000 colleges and universities
- Create a detailed profile
- Watch videos and create a list of your favorites
- Do virtual tours of campuses
- Take control of your college search, selection, and application process
Essay Writing Guide will guide you through the process of writing college applications, dissertations, and college papers. Elements of writing are arranged around four wheels: Content, Style, Organization, and Mechanics. Each wheel is further broken down into sub-categories. The app was designed to be easy to use and to show students exactly how to put together a clear, well-written paper. The app was developed by a college English professor and can also be used by educators in the classroom to help students develop their essay-writing skills, from secondary through graduate-level academics.
- For high school through graduate school
- Concise and easy t use
- Elements of writing are shown graphically
- Developed by a college English professor
- Free college app for iPhone and iPad
Class Timetable allows you to keep track of your classes and extracurriculars to your week's schedule quickly and easily. It's good for high school, college, and university. Over two million users have downloaded this app so there must be something great about it! It has a colorful interface, optional multi-week timetables, and a built-in task list. Swipe left or right to see what's approaching in your schedule, or rotate your iPhone or iPad to see your schedule shown for the whole week. Upgrade to Pro and you'll be able to export your timetable, get class notifications and task reminders, and more.
- Keep track of homework
- Swipe to see what's going on
- Rotate to see your weekly schedule
- Stay on top of your week's events
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro
The Homework App will never let you forget to do your homework ever again. You can easily add, view, and complete your homework. Add sub-tasks, see your entire class schedule using the timetable, see all your tasks in an iCloud calendar, color-code your subjects, and more. The Dashboard shows you what's going on with a glance. Add details from your instructor so you know what to do, and set reminders so you don't miss anything. You can also attach photos to your tasks. Stay organized with The Homework App.
- Don't ever forget to do your homework again
- Add sub-tasks
- Color-code your subjects
- The Dashboard shows you what's going on
- Free with in-app purchase
Exam Countdown keeps you on top of your exam schedule. This is a must-have app for anyone preparing for exams in high school, college, or university. Keep all your exam dates in one place, color-code your exams, add notes to exams, choose from over 150 icons, and share your exam dates on Facebook and Twitter. Probably one of the best features is that it shows the exact time you have left before you exam. The app is set out so it's easy to set up, easy to use, and great-looking, too. There are no in-app purchases.
- Stay on top of your exam schedule
- Color-code your exams
- Add notes and icons
- Share your exams on social media
- See how much time left before your next exam
Chegg is a wonderful option for college students to get textbooks for their classes. Now, you can skip the lines and even rent textbooks for your classes. This app has an easy to use search engine so that you can find the book that you are looking for. Additionally, users can scan a bar code to find the book, explore etextbooks as an option while waiting for you book to arrive, view a massive library of resources for homework help and much more. However, the Chegg Study portion of this app requires a monthly subscription via an in-app purchase.
- Buy or rent textbooks or etextbooks
- A great search engine
- Scan a book via its bar code
- Chegg Study feature helps you with homework
- Chegg Study is a monthly subscription with auto renewal