If you are an amateur musician, musician by trade, or just passionate about music then check out our list of the best iPhone and iPad apps for musicians. This collection of apps provides users with a wide range of musical options like creating your own music, sharing your songs with others, manage your band, record tracks, write lyrics, collaborate with others, and more. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced musician, this list has something for everyone!
The best iPhone and iPad apps for musicians
9 Aug 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
With this app for musicians, you can easily connect with industry and upcoming artists, producers and more! Browse for help on your next project or start selling your music services. Sign up for free and post what you have to offer along with your prices. In the CollabPlug app, you will be provided with a secured escrow payment system and cloud workspace to collaborate from anywhere in the world!
- Browse through some of your favorite artists and producers
- Use the live chat and file share system to connect with artists from around the world without endless emails
- All payments are securely held while you work together
- Only deal with serious artists and producers
This app for musicians is music distribution free. With this musician app, you keep 100% of your royalties and rights.
Getting your music out is free and easy with Amuse. Hundreds of thousands of artists across the globe use Amuse to release their music to all major streaming services. Wherever you are, the Amuse app lets you track and upload your songs and albums in a matter of minutes, using nothing more than your phone and your data connection.
- Release your music for free to all major streaming services, like Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, Deezer and many more.
- Upload songs and albums from iCloud or Dropbox to avoid using data on your device.
- Keep 100% of your royalties and rights.
- Collect royalties and request payouts
- No lengthy contracts.
Download this app to learn songs which is used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute. Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference. iReal Pro app review
- Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
- Play, edit, and download any songs you want
- Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
- Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
- Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
It’s the perfect group communication app, with Community Board, Shared Calendar, Polls, To-Do Lists, Private Chat & much more to organize your band. Band is best for sport teams, work/projects, school groups, faith groups, gaming clans and guilds. The App is trusted by group leaders as the Official Team Communication App for Varsity Spirit, AYSO, USBands, and Legacy Global Sports.
- Keep track of game days and team practices with the Calendar, send quick notifications about canceled practices, and share team videos and photos, all in one place
- Share files and keep everyone in the loop with the community board. Have a quick group call with remote teams
- Organize activities with weekly notices and event RSVPs
- BAND can be used on any device including your phone, desktop, or tablet
Find great deals on best-selling music gear, hunt for a one-of-a-kind vintage finds, or post your own gear for sale. Shop a huge selection of new, used, and vintage guitars, pedals, synths, drums, microphones, and more from top brands, retailers, and musicians from all over the world. Easily get your unused instruments in front of a global community of musicians.
- Watch listings to get notified when prices drop
- Create a listing in minutes: simply take photos, write a description, and set your price
- Watch gear demos, artist interviews, and how-to videos
- Browse handpicked collections of gear curated by expert staff
BandLab is a large and steadily growing community where musicians both beginners and novice come together to record, edit, and share their music - to inspire and be inspired. The app comes packed with features such as a 12-track digital audio workstation (DAW) which stores all your tracks safely in the cloud and can be accessed via iOS devices as well as the web. There are also other features such as built-in amp simulations and effects so you can connect your guitar and get the feel of playing live music.
- 12-track digital audio workstation
- Cross platform between iOS and web
- Record, edit, share, and listen to music
- Built in amp simulations
- Large and growing community of musicians
This app is designed to be like a recording studio at your fingertips so you can record songs wherever you go. The app boasts a unique high-end audio technology which makes your song ideas come alive thanks to a studio quality mic input. The intuitive interface lets users edit their tracks and mix using gesture-based features that make it very easy to visualize and process. Finally users can share their masterpieces or collaborate with others from within the app.
- Portable recording studio
- High-end audio input
- Intuitive interface
- In-app editing features
- Ability to share and collaborate
This award-winning app has been used by some well-known artists, songwriters, and labels, to manage music-related files. The app aims to provide end-to-end services to users for creating, managing, and collaborating on songwriting. Users can collaborate in real time with their fellow songwriters and producers, and even store different versions of the same song. There is also the ability to store lyrics, session files, and notes in various file types. All files are stored in the cloud so your creative work remains safe even if your device gets damaged.
- Award-winning app used by musicians and labels
- Create and manage music
- Collaborate in real time
- Store alternate versions, lyrics, session files, and more
- Storage is done in the cloud
This app features a 2-track recorder and lets users overlay effects including echo, chorus, and reverb. Choose to add your own vocals or instruments to a backing track of a song, or write your own music, this app simplifies things by only keeping it to a base track and an additional one for recording. There is also the ability to create a track and then share it with the online Songtree community. Others may listen to your track, comment on it, and even record over it! This app is completely free.
- Simple 2-track recorder
- Overlay effects
- Create and share your tracks
- Allows others comment on and record over your songs
- Free track recording app
Specializing in melodies, this app will let users create, analyze, and edit tunes by helping them visualize the unique messages and puzzles that can be deciphered from sound waves in melodies. The visualization is carried out using the Diagram tool. This is a lightweight app which has no ads and a very intuitive interface, thus making it suitable for all ages; children and adults alike learn how melodies are created. Tools include a pencil, an eraser, and a one-touch tool to create and edit melodies with ease. Melody Composer Squared app review
- Create, analyze, and edit melodies
- Uses Diagram to visualize hidden messages in music
- No ads
- Lightweight app
- Various intuitive tools suitable for all ages
Perfect for serious songwriters and dabblers alike, this app is the perfect way to create new music on a mobile device. The highlight of the app is a keyboard-like tool to input musical notes including notes, chords, sharps, flats, and more. This makes it so easy to visualize music theory with practice, and can serve as a valuable teaching and learning tool. Users can write lyrics, chord symbols, and use multiple tracks with different instruments to embellish their songs. Finished products can be exported in various formats and sent via email.
- Keyboard input for musical notes
- Valuable teaching and learning tool
- Write lyrics, chord symbols and more
- Use multiple tracks with various instruments
- Export in various formats
A great organizing tool for songwriters, this app will help you keep your lyrics and song ideas in one place that is easily accessible. You can even tag your lyrics and notes with various parameters such as key, tuning, tonality, color, and mood. If you have audio files you want to work with, you can import them from other apps. A built-in tuner will ensure you are in tune. Dropbox integration ensures that you will never lose any of your ideas.
- Keep lyrics and song ideas together
- Tag and sort lyrics by various means
- Audio files can be imported
- Built-in tuner
- Dropbox integration
If you are a beginner in music composition, this app is a great way to acquire knowledge of chords that work together. As the name suggests, this app will suggest chords to you based on a starting point of your choice, letting you build up tension, emotion, and create a beautiful piece. Users can work both forwards and backwards from a chord, allowing great freedom in the creative process. Chords can be reordered by dragging and dropping, and chords can also be dragged from the suggestions and dropped into the progression. Completed progressions can be exported as a MIDI file or in plain text.
- Suggests chords that work together
- Work forward or backward
- Create progressions that emit emotion and tension
- Intuitive gesture-based controls
- Export chords via email in a MIDI or text file