It seems like there is no end to the variety and amount of apps dedicated to providing the services of a calculator to users. From basic to feature-packed intense calculators, these apps can be perfect for all types of users whether it's for home use, school, or for your job. So, check out our list of the best calculator apps for the iPhone and download one today.
The best calculator apps for the iPhone
7 Aug 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
For those of us who need a scientific calculator, the iPhone calculator just doesn't cut it. Calculator # is one of the top free calculator apps available on the App Store. Just like a handheld scientific calculator, this app comes with a user manual and tutorial videos to help you understand how to carry out the various functions. Features include equation solvers, algebra functions, 2D graphs, and language support.
- Free iPhone calculator app
- User manual
- Tutorial videos
- 2D graphs
- Available in 6 languages
Here's another free app featuring a complete scientific calculator which also comes with automatic notes. It supports the Slide Over and Split View features on the iPad so you can carry out your calculations without having to constantly switch from another tab or app. The app contains no ads, and comes with 3 in-app purchases of $0.99 each which include Calculator+, Unit Converter, and Finance Pack.
- Complete scientific calculator
- Slide Over and Split View compatibility
- Automatic notes
- In-app purchases 0.99 each
Photomath is a fantastic app that allows you to point your device’s camera at a math problem and the app will show you the result with a step-by-step solution. It supports fractions, arithmetic, fractions, linear equations, decimal numbers, equation systems, and more. The developers promise that more complex problems are on their way. While this app could be used to cheat, it can also be used to check work, or for parents to use to help their children understand exactly how to get to the proper answer. Brilliant.
- Point your camera at a math problem
- Get the solution and work
- Millions of users
- Get a detailed, step-by-step solution
- Free with in-app purchases
MyScript Calculator allows you to perform math operations using your handwriting! Just write out the expression on your iPhone's screen and the pap converts the symbols and numbers into digital text and then gives you the solution. The scratch-out gesture gives you the option to quickly and easily erase numbers and symbols, or you can use the undo/redo feature. You also have the option to copy your results to the clipboard so you can paste them into another app, or export the results to other apps. If you go with the in-app purchase you get even more features. This one is even better on the iPad.
- Handwriting calculator
- Write out your mathematical expression
- Converts symbols and numbers into digital text
- Provides you with the solution you can copy onto your clipboard
- Free with in-app purchases
Need an easy way to deal with fractions? Check out Fraction Calculator Plus Free. This one will help you when you need to figure out fractions, whether it’s for following a recipe, checking your kid’s homework, or anything else. The numbers are easy to read, the innovative triple keypad display allows you to type quickly, and each result is also shown in decimals. This app makes it super easy to subtract, add, multiply, and divide fractions. The app is free because it is ad-supported; if you don’t want the ads, the Fraction Calculator Plus app is available as a separate purchase.
- Deal with fractions quickly and easily
- Easy-to-read numbers
- Triple keyword display
- Each result also shown in decimals
- Free calculator app for iPhone
The Calculator Free takes the standard and scientific calculator functions and puts them together so you have a decent, free calculator for your iPad. This one has tons of features: calculate with degrees or radials, split view support, quick equation preview, history tape, basic calc buttons in portrait view, advanced math/scientific buttons, and more. It also offers a built-in currency converter and there are more than 50 themes available for you to download and check out. You will be able to do a huge variety of operations like cubic exponent, arc tangus, power of E, percentages, hyperbolic sinus, and more.
- Easy to use
- Invisible backspace button
- Advanced math/scientific buttons in landscape view
- Free with in-app purchases
- Enter in calculations with ease
- You are given the ability to edit your calculations as you would on a spreadsheet
- Share your information by email so you can then import in Excel and Numbers
- Flag calculations, store calculations, add up all kinds of expenses, and more
- Print your calculations
- The app is loaded with a wide variety of advanced features
- The app supports the Apple Watch
- You can pick your theme
- You can view your equation and result on the same screen
- This app is perfect for students and others looking for high-performance features in a simple design
- The app supports percent and fractions
- The app is perfect for advanced and basic equations
- The app uses a canvas that saves information, has endless scrolling ability, and makes it possible for you to edit on
- Graph numbers in real-time if you like
- The app is loaded with imaginative design features and tools
- The app is user-friendly making for very fast calculations
- The app features large buttons that are very easy to touch
- The app supports Retina Display
- The app is ideal for everyday use and for students that don't need a scientific calculator
- The user interface is clean and minimalistic