When it comes to addictive gameplay it’s hard to beat that of the classic match-three style of games. These ones are not only easy to understand but are next to impossible to put down once you get playing. What’s also great about these games is the fact all ages can play so it’s ideal for everyone in the house. The following list features the match-three style of gameplay but each app has its own twists, themes, and ultimately its own unique brand of fun.
The best iPhone apps for Match 3
25 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Start playing Candy Charming today – over 8,000,000 candy charmers are playing this top match 3 puzzle games! With more than 2,000 levels, enjoy hours and hours of crushing fun. Candy Charming is an addictive match puzzle game full of free big rewards every day. Exploring magical candy kingdoms, helping lovely candy fairy to match & crush the candies and sugars to unlock different gameplays.
- Candy Charming has more than 2,000 levels and will add new levels monthly
- Daily Reward, Spin the wheel, Happy Hour, Sweet Mission, Sweet Treats and so on
- There are daily free rewards and don’t forget to spin the wheel to get awesome bonus
- Sync your game data between different devices and play anywhere, anytime
With over 3,000 levels, this game will keep you coming back for more and more. In other words, how can you get bored with a game like this? Be a hero and save your friends in this Match-3 app. Play with others, it’s a game for all ages, meet new players from around the world, create your own avatar, watch your avatar go throughout the monster tower, solve the missions and so much more. There are several in-app purchases for coins and other items to enhance or expedite your game playing experience.
- Exciting Match-3 game, Cool graphics
- Great for players of all ages
- Over 3,000 levels, Solve missions
- Play with friends, Meet new players
- In-app purchases for coins and other in-game items
Over 2 million users have downloaded this app and enjoy the excitement of this Match-3 game. This puzzle adventure has over 1,000 levels, is very colorful, collect ingredients to create potions, earn stars for each stage, tasty graphics, cute animations, unlock magic wants, move up leaderboards, and enjoy new content on a regular basis. There are numerous in-app purchases to expedite gameplay or to enhance your overall experience. Be careful because this game will keep you addicted and make you hungry for candy.
- Over 2 million users
- Over 1,000 levels, Leaderboards
- Cute graphics and animations
- Earn stars, Create potions, Unlock magic wands
- In-app purchases for in-game items
You pretty much have to be living under a rock to not have heard of the Candy Crush Saga but just because you've heard of it doesn't mean you've played it. For those unfamiliar with the game this one is a match-three game that features delicious-looking candies as its items to match. There are hundreds of levels that await, which means plenty of hours' worth of fun for you. This one is extremely easy to understand but mastering it is a whole other issue. Be sure to take advantage of boosters that can help you out and there are treats and levels that you can unlock. As an added bonus this one supports Game Center.
- The graphics are fun and rather tasty-looking
- The app uses the classic match-three style of gameplay that is easy to understand
- The app supports Game Center
- You are able to unlock treats and levels
- There are hundreds of levels to play
- Gameplay is addictive and challenging
It's time for another offering from the creators of the Candy Crush Saga game this app is called Farm Heroes Saga which proves to be just as fun and addictive. The gameplay is simple: you need to move the items around in order to match up three or more. This one is filled with fruits and vegetables called “cropsies” that are rather cute and hilarious. There are power-ups, special moves, and boosters all meant to help you succeed in even the toughest of levels and you can challenge your friends to a little "who has the highest score" to prove who the ultimate player is.
- There are 910 levels to complete in the game
- The gameplay is simple to pick up on
- There are power-ups, extra moves, and boosters that can be recharged
- The characters are adorable and cute thanks to the bright and vivid graphics
- The game is highly addictive
Here's the perfect match-three style game for your little one that will give them all the fun of matching up items in an offering that is cute and kid-friendly. The Pet Rescue Saga is filled with adorable little animals such as piglets, bunnies, puppies, kittens and much more. You’ll need to match up three or more in order to be successful and as an added challenge the amount of moves you can use are limited. In that sense this one is a real puzzle. The levels are being expanded upon on a regular basis and the app supports the Leaderboard.
- The app has players matching up adorable animals
- There are new levels added on a regular basis
- There is a limit to the amount of moves you’re allowed to make, which offers an added challenge
- The app supports the Leaderboards
- The game controls are responsive and simple
- This one is ideal for younger players thanks to the characters
Instead of a typical match-three style of game, opt for one with fun items that you'll be matching up, giving it another level of excitement. The Cookie Jam app will have you watching what else but a number of baked goods. This one is a puzzle in all senses of the word as it’s your job to solve all the levels and reign victorious. You need to work fast in this game before all your hard work is ruined by none other than the Gingerbread Man. There are hundreds of levels to play, you can share your progress through Facebook, and there are a number of combos and power-ups to take advantage of.
- Players will be matching up tasty-looking baked goods
- You need to work fast before all your progress is ruined
- There are power-ups and combos to help you out
- Your progress can be shared through Facebook
Cookie Jam app review: climb the mountain to build better and more delicious treats
It's time for the glamor and excitement of the Bejeweled Blitz app where you will be doing your best to match up three or more gorgeous looking jewels. The app starts out with a quick and user-friendly tutorial to be sure you've got all the basics and then you're ready to start blowing up these jewels. Be sure to keep your eyes open for the rare gems that can really give you some crazy high scores. There is also one daily spin where you'll be trying to get as many free coins as possible. Of course there are extra elements in play here such as multipliers, scramblers, and detonators that can help your gameplay in a big way.
- Players will be matching up three or more jewels
- There are detonators, scramblers, and multipliers that can help you with gameplay
- There is a tutorial to start with
- The game is very easy to understand but difficult to master
- The graphics and sounds are fun, vivid, and lively
Bejeweled Blitz App ReviewBest iPhone Apps For Puzzle Lovers
It's time to travel on an odyssey to South America where some rather odd hieroglyphic writing has been discovered by a well-known archaeologist. The Wonderlines app features match three style of gameplay spread out over 70 levels. There are three different game modes available which are Zen, action, and puzzle, and there are six different power-ups available to help you out. Despite the fact the game is challenging the music, sounds, and graphics have an almost hypnotic and relaxing feel to them. This is the kind of game that requires all your focus and concentration and is highly addictive.
- There are 70 levels to work through
- There are three different game modes to choose from
- There are six different power-ups available
- The graphics and sounds are hypnotic and relaxing
- The rules of the game are simple and clear
- The game is both challenging and addictive
- There are unlockables available
Jelly Splash app review: Candy Crush Saga meets That Monsters Game
It's time to get matching in the 10000000 app where you will need to match all the items you come in contact with if you hope to manage the dungeon. There are objectives that you need to complete along the way, the gameplay doesn't let up and is high-energy, there are more than 20 different monsters that you will need to go up against, and there are ways you can help your game out. Expect retro sounds and graphics in this offering, something that really seems to appeal to players.
- There are over 60 different objectives that you need to complete
- There are more than 20 monsters to battle
- The game is fast-paced
- There are items to help you with your gameplay
- The app features retro sounds and graphics
- You can upgrade your castle and skills to ensure you are successful
- You need to work on finding objects, which is the loot
10000000 app review: offering a combo puzzle game and a dungeon crawling role-playing game