So what do you do when you accumulate so many items that you no longer have enough space for them? Why not sell them and make back a little bit of money so you can go out and get what you really want? This list of apps is dedicated to helping users sell things in a user-friendly, safe, and fun way. This list of apps to sell things can help you reach a far bigger audience than if you were trying to sell by word of mouth or even a traditional newspaper ad.
The best iPhone apps for selling things
16 Apr 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Join the social marketplace where over 15M people come to buy, sell and discover unique fashion. Start exploring and get inspired by rare and unique items from creatives all over the world. Open your own Depop shop. Sell by taking a photo or video with your phone. Join the community of creatives who are reshaping fashion for their generation.
- Set up a profile, connect your social media and start listing items
- Connect your PayPal to receive payments as your items sell
- Explore millions of unique items and save your favorites into Collections
- All in-app purchases are 100% protected by PayPal Protection
Letgo is an appropriately titled app that helps you to let go of your items that may be cluttering up your house or no longer needed. The app is designed to provide users with a safe marketplace to buy and sell items. The app also allows you to chat privately between buyers and sellers, easy to sign up, and has a solid search tool. Letgo makes it easier to find items nearby or to sell items to locals, which means you also don’t have to worry about shipping items across the country.
- Sell your unwanted items
- Buy items from local sellers
- Search through the categories
- Chat privately through the app
- Quick sign-up process, Easy to navigate
Join a large community of over 10 million shoppers by downloading Mercari today. This app provides users with a hassle-free and secure method of buying and selling used or new items. Mercari has a search tool to find items that you may be looking for, browse through categories, communicate with buyers and sellers, track your sales, quickly create listings, share your listings via social media, track shipments and much more. This app belongs on your iPhone if you sell items on a regular basis.
- Buy and sell new or used items, Secure and hassle-free
- A community of over 10 million shoppers
- Easily create listings, Share listings via social media
- Track sales and shipments, Search for items
- Communicate with buyers and sellers
Exchange the stuff you have lying around for cash with the OfferUp app, which is one of the biggest mobile marketplace apps. Users can list items with ease in under 30 seconds, and build a reputation so more people are interesting in buying from (or selling to) them. Sellers and buyers can message each other via in-app messaging so no numbers need to be exchanged unnecessarily. There are thousands of new items posted daily and they can be browsed by category or simply by swiping through images.
- List items quickly
- Reputation and safety features
- In-app messaging
- Sort and browse items with ease
- Thousands of daily postings
This app is great for sellers as it allows them to boost their posted items to the top of the feed completely free of charge. Users can begin by registering easily via Facebook or email, and start posting items in seconds. Social media integration with Facebook and twitter allows users to share the posted item and increase the chances of interest. Additionally, the app also features a Safe Area Exchange Locator for added security to find a safe meeting spot to exchange items. Users can like posts by sellers, follow sellers, and even rate and review them.
- Boost your posted items to the top of the feed
- Register easily via Facebook or email
- Social media integration for sharing posts
- Safe Area Exchange Locator (SEAL) for added security
- Follow sellers, like items, and rate them
Here's a unique take to buying and selling that almost feels like social networking and that's the Carousell - Snap to Sell, Chat to Buy app. The app is used by people all around the world and offers listings in pretty much every category you can think of. This is meant to be a simple, free, and fun way to sell things quickly. In mere seconds you can create your listing and then post it for all to see. The way it works is that you take a photo of your picture, add the details, and then list it. You can include up to four pictures per listing and you can also share the listing by social media. Potential buyers will be able to chat with you and make a deal. Buying things is just as easy and you can search by category or keyword. There are also handy sorting tools that will make the experience that much smoother. For more on this app, check out our review.
- Buy and sell things in a social environment
- Post up to four pictures with your listing
- Ask questions about items and they can in turn ask about your items
- The app is used worldwide
- Search for items by keyword or category
This app is like a virtual flea market or garage sale. It’s great to find local deals or to sell to others in your area. Shpock allows you to sort the items for sale by distance or categories. If you are looking to sell something, you can post your item in 30 seconds by taking a photo and adding details. There are no fees associated with listing, transactions, buying or selling. However, there are in-app purchases to make your items stand out and to enhance your selling experience. Share your listed Shpock items via your Social Media, quickly set up and account and enjoy keeping your personal details private.
- A virtual flea market, garage sale
- No fees for buying or selling
- Create an account quickly, Sell item in 30 seconds
- Share your Shpock listings via Social Media
- In-app purchases to enhance your selling experience
If you are looking for a good deal on buying or selling items, then check out Dealo. It’s the faster and safer way to buy and sell things online. This app is quickly gaining steam with users as they enjoy the smooth process for searching and selling items. Download the app and register within seconds. Then in less than a minute you can buy or sell something. This app integrates with popular Social Media accounts like Facebook or Twitter. It also has a chat feature Google location, supports PayPal, USPS and worldwide verified shipping and many other cool features that you can read about in our app review.
- Fast and safe way to buy and sell online
- Quickly download, register and buy or sell
- Social Media integration, Uses PayPal
- Chat with buyers and sellers
- USPS integration, Worldwide verified shipping
When it comes to buying and selling it's hard to beat the original format that was laid out by the following app. The eBay app literally transformed how people buy and sell online and just so happens to be the world's largest marketplace. You can find anything and everything through eBay, which also means if you're trying to sell something you've got that much bigger of a market looking at your items. When you want to create a listing you can also include a picture of course. Additional features include the barcode scanner that lets you compare prices in the store, and receive notifications on the go.
- This is the ultimate online marketplace for any item you can imagine
- Creating listings is simple and quick and you can include photos
- You will be able to scan barcodes in stores in order to compare prices
- Receive notifications on the go
- Enjoy the personalized home screen that will fit your own preferences
It probably doesn’t get any easier to sell items than through the Pxsell app. Just snap a picture, add a few details about the items and that’s it. Let the selling begin. The app is described as a virtual garage sale or flea market. It’s a great option to sell items locally and coordinate the exchange. In addition to selling, you can also search for items to purchase. In fact, you can search for items at lower prices so that you can resell on this app or other apps on this list. The marketplace is growing fast, communication can be done through the app, and there are several sort functions to browse through what’s for sale.
- Takes about 15 seconds to list item for sale
- Communicate with potential buyers through app
- Sort items by date, price, or location
- Browse through local items for sale
- Fast growing marketplace, Earn money easily