Because natural weather disasters can happen all over the world and at any time, the best thing you can do to stay prepared is have some sort of system in place that will offer you a warning. The following list of apps is dedicated to providing earthquake alerts for places all around the world and in wake of the disaster that has recently taken place in Nepal it seems more important than ever to have a tool like this installed on your device.
The best iPad apps for earthquake alerts
5 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With this #1 Earthquake app you will get the latest worldwide data from several sources and receive push notifications alerts. This app designed for iPhone and iPad has more than 2M downloads, supports Apple Watch. The app is localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, Hungarian, Romanian, Korean and Croatian. It has a variety of functions which are prized by experts, locals, tourists, business people. It has many practical features including the following:
- Push notifications on your phone as soon as the event data is available from an official source.
- Filter events by area (country, continent) or magnitude.
- Earthquakes catalog (all world regions covered, back to 2013), search by date, territory, city or reporting agency.
- Detail view for each event, reachable from map and timeline views.
- Today Widget: the widget briefly shows some details of the biggest seismic event that occurred in your country over the last 24 hours.
- Earthquake catalog search by date, city, country, continent and reporting agency.
- Siri Shortcuts support - "Hey Siri, what are the latest earthquakes in the United States?"
Stay connected to all the latest news and alerts regarding earthquakes around the world with the QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News app. The app is simple and easy to use so that you can focus on the information contained. One of the most stunning features of the app is the fact it offers eight different base maps with the plate lines so that you get a better understanding of where these earthquakes are happening and why. There are six different data feeds you can choose from, you can sort and filter the quakes you are most interested in, you can get all the latest earthquake news, you can learn about how to best prepare for an earthquake, and you will even receive push notifications for any earthquake that is M6.0 or higher.
- View gorgeous and highly-detailed maps that even show you the plate lines across the world
- Choose from a variety of data feeds so you get the information you want
- Learn about how to prepare for an earthquake
- Get all the latest news regarding earthquakes
- Receive push notifications for earthquakes of M6.0 or higher
QuakeFeed Earthquakes With Push Notifications for iPad app review
Instead of spending time checking all the different news agencies worldwide for accurate and up-to-date earthquake information you can find everything in one convenient spot with the Earthquake app. With this app you'll have access to international reporting so that you can track and then follow not just earthquakes but also tsunamis. What's great is that you can track this information in real-time. Anytime there is an earthquake of M5.0 or higher you will receive a real-time push notification. Go ahead and customize your notifications, filter the information coming in, report earthquakes to the USGS website, and view size- and color -oded pins on a map showing where the quakes are.
- Save yourself time and effort by accessing information from worldwide agencies in one central spot
- Customize your notifications
- Receive real-time information and alerts
- View size- and color-coded pins on a map that depicts where the quakes are
- Get a real-time notification when an earthquake of M5.0 or higher takes place
Earthquake app review: international reporting
Where do you turn for up-to-date and accurate news, alerts, and information concerning earthquakes around the world? The Earthquake+ app can certainly help you out and is even integrated with Twitter and Facebook. When you launch the app you can set it up to monitor key places and then you'll receive push notifications for the set locations. The app also provides information on volcanoes and shows there the earth's tectonic plates are and in which areas they actually rub together. The app can also show you where the seismic stations are located around the world, where the nuclear power plants happen to be, and you can view volcanic activity.
- The app makes it possible for you to monitor key locations
- You can view where the tectonic plates are in the world and where they are rubbing
- View volcanic activity around the world
- Check out where the seismic stations are placed
- Get push notifications for the areas you wish to monitor
- The app is integrated with Twitter and Facebook
Earthquake Map app review: stay informed
If you'd like to stay on top of the latest volcanic news this is the way to do it with the Volcanoes app. With this app you'll receive news, alerts, recent information, and of course you can view a map with plenty of details. The map even shows users ash information so they know the areas affected. The app will send you push notifications any time a volcano erupts, the map shows seismic information, you can choose how you wish to view your map, and there is a database about volcanoes with a search tool that you can browse. The app is also integrated with SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Get all the latest volcano-related news and information
- Get alerts and push notifications
- Check out details about the volcanic activity on a map
- Choose how you wish to view your map
- Browse through the information in the database with help from the search tool
- The app is integrated with SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook
Stay on top of all the weather details that matter to you with the help of the myWeather app. Thanks to this app no matter where you are you'll be able to get all the current conditions plus an extended 10-day forecast to help you plan your activities. While this is perfect for those beautiful sunny and warm days it also comes in handy when there are severe weather conditions approaching or happening. The app will provide users with real-time radar information, storm tracking, alerts, earthquake information, any active fires happening, and so much more. You will never be at a loss for weather information when you’ve got this app handy.
- Get all the current condition weather details from the app
- Get an extended 10-day forecast
- The app provides you with severe weather condition alerts
- Track storms with the real-time radar information
- Get information on earthquakes and where there are any active fires
myWeather app review