Imagine how it would have been back in medieval times when it was all about protecting Kings, Queens, their castles, and ultimately the kingdom. Here’s a collection of apps that are dedicated to castle defense games; each of these are addictive, challenging, and filled with all kinds of cool elements. You’ll love the graphics, the storylines, and the social aspects that many of them feature. The hardest part will be picking just one or two to download, so why not try the whole list?
The best iPad apps for tower defense
29 Apr 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Toy Defense app for iPhone is a hit TOWER DEFENSE strategy battle game. Defend your fantasy castle with the tower defense app for iPad and face the fire – dragons are coming! Wage war against your greatest foes in a battle of tactics. Toy Defense: Fantasy Castle features a MAGICAL new world with dashing warriors, fearless archers, crafty goblins, and an immersive atmosphere of magic and military might! Pit your warriors in a war against your greatest enemies.
- Incredible graphics with an amazingly detailed medieval environment
- Defend your base against evil generals at the end of every wave!
- Tournament mode gives you the opportunity to win prizes against your friends or the entire Toy Defense user base on a weekly basis!
- Invite your friends to join you in a world of might and magic!
- Over nine types of enemies, from trolls and goblins to dragons and mercenaries
Fight off hordes of evil mutants created by a cataclysmic event in Nival’s new tower defense meets collectible card game, Defenders. Prime World: Defenders combines classic tower defense gameplay with collectible card game elements. "Must play for any tower defense enthusiast."– Daniel Tack, Forbes.com.
- Freeze, burn, poison, explode and slash countless enemies attempting to stop you from gathering artifacts from the old kingdom.
- Full Retina support with beautiful 3D graphics!
- Customize and create your own towers by forging and merging their abilities!
- 36 types of violent monsters and ferocious bosses with special weaknesses!
- Captivating storyline with 23 missions, extra boss levels, and randomly generated missions!
The zombie apocalypse is upon us and they are invading your castle! This strategy game entails defending your castle from the invasion of zombies by building towers that shoot them down. This awesome free game is fun and entertaining with more than 12 levels that will challenge your strategic planning skills. As you progress through the game, you will unlock new types of towers, and receive power ups. Fight to fend off 7 different types of zombies as they keep coming at your castle, wave after wave.
- Free and fun strategy game
- 4 types of towers and 8 power ups
- 7 types of zombies
- 12 levels of difficulty
- Lightweight game (<27 MB)
This tower defense game comes with a dark twist and works as a massive multiplayer online game. The storyline is solid and immersive and it will put you right in the battle between good and evil. This free strategy game is a fantastic multiplayer adventure, which has beautiful graphics and highly immersive gameplay. The unique aspect of this game is that users can create alliances with other teams and share resources to defend their castles together. This game can be downloaded completely free of charge and will provide you with hours and hours of fun while only taking up 173 MB of space on your iPhone.
- Intense storyline
- Create alliances with friends
- Beautiful artwork
- Hours of gameplay
- Free and lightweight app
Siegefall is an in-depth strategy game which is full of various components that will appeal to those who love details in their games. Users can create armies and customize them to the last detail with 8 Troops to choose from, 3 Elemental Spirits, and 34 Battle Cards. Picking the right permutation and combination to constitute the army will ensure victory against enemies. Users can choose to play in 3 modes where they pit their army against other players. There are duel options as well as raiding. This makes it a cool and social game.
- Live PvP action
- Includes raids and guild seasons
- Duel in real time
- Customize your army
- Build your kingdom
Age of Medieval Empire : Castle Under Siege & local War is a tower defense game you’ll play when you have the urge to fight, loot, and recruit soldiers. Fight against players worldwide in the huge world map. You can trade strategic resources in a real-time online marketplace, join or create an Alliance, and play solo or in multiplayer battle for items and Experience. With the future of the Kingdom in your hands, what will you do?
- Manage strategic resources
- Train your army
- Build your empire
- Join or create an Alliance
- Free with in-app purchases
Monster Castle is a fun tower defense app you’ll enjoy playing this summer on your iPad. This is a new game that will have you surfing along with the Witches, enjoying a cold drink with the Goblins, and annoying with the Orcs. right your way to a win with other players who are all there to do the same. Arrange your defenses to kill off anyone who tries to invade your space, try different strategies, train your dragon to lay waste to your enemies’ castles, and collect items to make your castle stronger.
- Brand new hero Chomp
- New world of original characters
- Fight opponents worldwide
- Daily missions
- Free with in-app purchases
Royal Revolt 2 will have you perfecting your defenses, forging alliances, and summoning dragons in your fight to the throne. Play against real players from all around the world in this award-winning strategy game. It offers multiplayer strategy, great 3D graphics, and the ability to design your battleground as you conquer kingdoms of your foes and explore those of your friends. Simple touch controls make it easy to play so you can focus on your strategy rather than mechanics.
- Play against real players worldwide
- Perfect your defenses
- Work on your strategy
- Conquer kingdoms
- Free with in-app purchases
Castle Clash offers fast-paced strategy where you have to lead an army of creatures in order to become the world’s greatest Warlord. There are over 100 million players worldwide according to the iTunes description so there are always people to fight. You can join in with other players and conquer Team Dungeons, build and fortify your castle, fight off hordes of enemies, take on the new boss, and much more. Lead your Guild to victory, recruit your heroes and boost their skills, and have fun with more than 10 game modes.
- Team up and conquer deadly dungeons
- Over 10 game modes
- Fight your way to glory
- Millions of players worldwide
- Free with in-app purchases
The Tower Madness 2 app is the sequel to the incredibly popular Tower Madness app. In this game you will be faced with a mission that requires a whole lot of strategy on your part as you do your best to stop the aliens from transforming your cute sheep into sweaters to give to the emperor. How far will you go to protect your flock and will it be enough? There are 70 maps that you can work your way through and seven different campaigns that take place in different locations. All of this variety adds to the challenge and fun of the game. In the sequel you will be taking on new enemies, bigger and badder bosses, new weapons, and even new characters.
- This is the sequel to Tower Madness and is a challenging strategy-based game
- There are 70 maps to work through across all kinds of environments and locations
- There are brand-new weapons, bosses, enemies, and characters
- You can save your progress to the Cloud
The Bloons TD 5 HD app is the full version of this wildly challenging and fun tower defense style game that requires lots of strategizing, skills, and a bit of luck. The game plays out very fast-paced and frantic which then requires you to really buckle down and take control of the situation. You will need to hire Special Agents, pick from a variety of upgrades, build towers, and of course put an end to the invaders. There are 10 special missions for you to complete and over 250 random missions. There are four different levels of difficulty so that kids and adults can play, there are three game modes, and let's not forget it supports Game Center and Achievements.
- Take on more than 250 random missions and 10 special missions
- Enjoy the spectacular and fun graphics, characters, and features
- This game requires lots of strategizing and is both challenging and fun
- The app is great for all ages