Do you consider yourself gifted in the memory department? Or maybe you just love the challenge of testing your memory skills. No matter what the reason why you enjoy them, memory games are the types that appeal to a wide range of audience of all ages. These ones are easy-to-understand, fun to play, and make for the perfect quick and casual game. Here’s a list of memory games that offer different themes, looks, and features.
The best iPhone apps for memory games
13 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Memory Classic is the best game app of memorization skills, designed for the entire family and suitable for people of all ages.
This memory app is inspired by the popular game of pairs where the player requires concentration and memory. In this version for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, the game is composed of 5 difficulty levels and each comes with 5 levels. Train your memory with this simple memory game and have fun !
- Memory is a free game
- Memory is supported on all iOS devices (iPad iPhone and iPod Touch)
- Memory let you add new card sets (Word, Images, Letters, Numbers, etc…)
- Memory is connected to Apple Game Center to share and compare Highscore all over the world
- Memory support English, Spanish and French languages
Here's a fun and engaging memory game for kids to enjoy that features the kind of graphics that draw them in. The Memory! app features decks of cards that have fun pictures on them that also help kids to remember what they turned up. You get a number of decks for free as a starting point. This game will put to the test their concentration and memory skills but because they are busy having fun they won't even think about the learning experience. There are three different levels of difficulty and a couple of game modes to spice things up. The app also supports Game Center so kids can track their high scores and try to out-do themselves each time. Memory! app review
- There are more than 200 cute and fun cards
- There are a few different game modes
- There are three different levels of difficulty
- Kids can keep track of their high scores
- The game controls are simple and kid-friendly
iMimic is a throwback to the classic 80’s style memory game that all of us “kids of the 80’s’” loved. This app requires quick reflexes and even quicker thinking. It has a wonderful retro look, high-resolution graphics, realistic lights, cool sound effects, leaderboards, Game Center integration, achievements, share your high scores, Automatic Tutor function, machine vs. Player and so much more. There’s an in-app purchase to remove ads.
- A sweet 80’s throwback memory game
- Quick reflexes and quick thinking required
- Cool lights, sounds and effects
- Leaderboards, Game Center, Achievements
- In-app purchase to remove ads
With NeuroNation scientific brain training you bring your brain day by day on trot. Whether it's weaker memory, dwindling concentration or thinking too slowly - only 15 minutes of training a day can make problems disappear and give your brain new momentum.
Join the worldwide community of over 15 million members and treat yourself to a piece of science - right in your pocket.
With brain training, you can improve your memory, noticeably reduce stress and the resulting risk of depression.
Increase your thinking speed and concentration and even reduce the risk of dementia by up to 48%.
NeuroNation performs a comprehensive analysis of your strengths and potentials and creates a personal training plan for you that exactly meets your needs.
If you're looking for a twist on the typical game of memory the Memory Matches Friends app may just be what you're looking for. In this game instead of playing on your own you'll be able to pair up against your friends and see who has the supreme memory. If your friends are busy, don't worry because you can opt to have the game auto-match you with someone located anywhere in the world. There are over 1,300 different memory cards with 17 different themes that you can unlock. To mix things up further there are four different sizes of boards to pick from. There is more than one Leaderboard to climb giving you plenty of challenge and motivation. Memory Matches Friends app review
- Play the game of memory against a random opponent or a friend
- There are multiple Leaderboards to climb
- There are 17 different themes of cards to unlock
- There are 1,300 different memory cards
- Choose from four different sizes of boards
Here's a game you can pick up and catch onto right away so you can enjoy the challenge immediately. The Memory Find app presents you with a few cards that you need to memorize. You need to remember where each card is located and what's on each card. The cards will then be flipped over and your job is to find each of the cards and put them in order. This one increases in difficulty as you play because you will need to remember more cards and yet you have less time to remember them. There are 49 different cards in total that you'll be working with.
- This is a twist on the typical memory-style card game
- There are 49 different cards in this deck all featuring unique images
- The game gets tougher as you advance, giving you more cards to remember yet less time to do it
- The game is easy to understand
While it's fun to browse through all the twists the game of memory offers, sometimes you're just looking for the traditional version. That Memory Game Free app provides you with exactly that experience and can be played by kids and adults. There are different levels of difficulty, which is determined by the amount of cards you have to match. Up to four people can play this game at a time and the cards feature an alphabet theme. The cards are nice and large, making it perfect for tiny hands, and the controls are intuitive and simple.
- The cards feature an alphabet theme
- Up to four players at a time can play
- This one is fun for all ages
- There are a few different levels of difficulty
- The game controls are kid-friendly and the cards are large, making them perfect for tiny hands
- The user interface is clean and streamlined
If you're the type who has a hard time remembering a face or putting a name to a face then the -Déjà Vu- app can help you sharpen your skills. This game will have you working on your observation, recognition, and memory skills all at the same time. You will be given faces to remember in a game that is challenging and highly addictive. The first 30 levels of the game are completely free to play and from that point there's a good chance you'll be hooked. You'll need to pay attention to tiniest details such as how wide the eyes are open, whether the person has glasses, if the person is smiling, and more. The game teaches you to focus in on and memorize one unusual feature. DéJá Vu app review
- Start putting your observation, recognition, and memory skills to work
- You need to pay attention to the smallest of details
- You get to play the first 30 levels for free
DéJá Vu app review: best memorization game
Do you wake up each morning with tons of things going through your head that you have to remember to do? It can get really hard to remember all these items which is why the It's Done! app can prove to be extremely helpful. The app comes pre-loaded with 40 different tasks that people perform on a daily basis. If there's anything missing, go ahead and add it. These things include simple tasks like turn off the stove, feed your dog/cat, lock the back/front door, take your medicine, and so much more. As you finish each task you just mark it off as done and what's great is that you don't have to remember you tasks; just refer to the screen to see what you need to do. It’s Done! app review
- There’s no need to try to remember a to-do list each day
- Set up a daily list of tasks and mark them off as you complete them
- The app comes pre-loaded with 40 everyday tasks and you can add your own custom tasks