If you have a need to use spreadsheets in your work or personal life, you will understand how important it is to be able to access them from your iPhone. There are some pretty decent options that let you create, edit, and view spreadsheets for everything from monthly expenses to employee hours. Check out our list of the best spreadsheet apps for iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for spreadsheets
20 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With this app for spreadsheets you can easily create a new spreadsheet or import an Excel file to work on, break down data with your team and share your spreadsheet. Zoho Sheet app for iPhone and iPad is free for you. Create your own spreadsheets, share them, and work on them across devices. Convert images into spreadsheets. With around 350 functions and formulas, we make sure your data analysis is accurate and complete. Explore your charts in full screen where you can filter your series, tap on points to view data, zoom in on your charts, set visibilities for your series, titles, legends, and much more.
- All your spreadsheets at one place
- Get automated data insights, recommendations and answers for your queries
- Discuss with range-specific comments and @mention colleagues
- Convert data from hard copies into spreadable data instantly
Airtable is the easy way to create your own organizational databases. From indie filmmakers to cattle farmers, creators and creatives around the world are using Airtable to organize their lives, their way. Use Airtable to create flexible checklists, organize collections or ideas, and manage customers or contacts all in one place. Organize anything you can imagine with Airtable! Airtable app review
- With Airtable, your iOS device suddenly becomes a database creation powerhouse!
- Get started instantly with a variety of templates ranging from home improvement to store inventory, or easily piece together your own layout from scratch.
- Airtable is designed to let you easily swipe and tap your way to fully custom databases.
- Collabarate in real-time, so you can share with friends and teammates and always see their latest changes.
Microsoft Excel is probably the first name you think of when you consider spreadsheet apps. This app is considered an “Essentials” app by Apple and lets you create and edit spreadsheets just like you would on your personal computer. It has the familiar Office feel and with the intuitive touch experience, you'll be working in no time. The core experience for the iPhone is free or you can unlock the full Excel feature package with a qualifying Office 365 subscription. You can print an entire workbook, a worksheet, or selected ranges using AirPrint. Microsoft Excel app review
- Create, edit, and manage spreadsheets
- Looks better than ever
- Works just the way you expect
- Free with in-app subscription
From the developers that created 18 different convertor applications, the pdf to excel convertor does exactly what it says in the title. With no limits on the size or number of converted files, this powerful spreadsheet app delivers excellent conversion quality. The free version takes about 30 minutes for large files but comments in iTunes all say that the upgrade is well worth it. You can convert directly from email attachments with no further editing required which is great.
- No limit on size or number of files
- Rows and columns all consistent
- Simply scan and convert
- Remote conversion avoiding battery drain
iSpreadsheet Free is a a mobile spreadsheet app you can use to create spreadsheets that are compatible with apps and programs like Excel and Numbers. The app was built specifically for the iPhone and iPad so it runs very quickly, even on older generations. You get lots of file transfer and storage options like OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and more. The app supports formatting and formulas, and uses CSV comma-separated file formats for maximum compatibility. It is integrated with Google Docs, offers both Portrait and wide-screen Landscape view, and you can manage multiple spreadsheets. You have access to a number of useful Excel formulas, and you can execute complex arithmetic formulas if you want. iSpreadsheet Free for iPad app review
- Manage both offline and online worksheets
- Manage multiple spreadsheets
- Simple and easy-to-use spreadsheet app
- Compatible with major office solutions
- Runs very fast
Quip is an app for teams to use to create living documents. It offers a chat function, task lists, docs, and spreadsheets all in one app, which makes collaborating even easier. You can share documents and task lists, use the real-time chat and messaging functions, and embed full-featured spreadsheets with support for more than 400 functions. You may import documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, Google Docs, Evernote, Box, and more. Export to Microsoft Office and PDF. You get an inbox that shows you what your team is doing, and you can use filters to help you find what you're looking for, faster and easier. Quip app review
- Import and export
- Create living documents like task lists, spreadsheets, and more
- Chat and messaging features
- Access on any device
- Embed full-featured spreadsheets
This spreadsheet app is an excellent tutorial for both those that want to learn the basics and those who need to improve their knowledge of using MS-Excel. Taking you from beginner to expert using the level-based lessons, there are many tutorials, tips and guide to take you through the process. Along the way are various tests to keep you on track.
- Step by Step guides
- Tips on using the many MS-Excel features
- Tests to benchmark your success
- Attractive features
Calc XLS Free Spreadsheet gives you a taste of what you will be able to do with the full, paid version of this app. With the free version you will get to view and edit Excel files, make large multi-sheet spreadsheets, and view a variety of different files like PowerPoint, Keynote, rtf, and Numbers. You can cut, copy, and paste data, undo and redo actions, and construct formulas using more than 200 functions. No matter if you are a small business user or a home user, at home or away, you will have all the power you need to create and edit spreadsheets. A simple in-app purchase will unlock all of the advanced features like the ability to email files, transfer files using the web server, and share via Dropbox.
- View and edit Excel files
- Undo and redo actions
- View a variety of different files
- Over 200 functions
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
Google Sheets is another one that started out on desktop and translates well to the iPhone. You can edit, create, and collaborate with other people using this app. You can work on spreadsheets that were created either online or another device, share and work with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time, and open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel files. You can work on sheets even when you don't have an Internet connection; the data will be saved locally and sync once you have a connection. Everything is automatically saved as you type it, and you can protect your work with a four-digit passcode. Google Sheets app review
- Share spreadsheets
- Works with Microsoft Excel files
- Work even without an Internet connection
- Create, edit, and collaborate
- Free spreadsheet app for iPhone