Do you want to be able to stay on top of all the latest weather developments especially in terms of storms? Because you never know when they can develop, increase in intensity, or even change their path having an app that collects all the data and provides you with alerts is an excellent solution. The following list of apps provides users with a variety of weather-related tools ranging from basic offerings to apps that provide you with advanced weather details.
The best iPhone apps for storm alerts
26 Jul 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Storm by Weather Underground is an app for keeping track of severe weather. The app features real-time notifications, severe weather warnings, and storm cell tracking. Choose from short-, medium-, or long-term forecasts and view at a glance, or tap to get more detail. This app is loaded with functionality, and can even be used on your Apple Watch. Select the region and data that you are interested in, and get notified at a glance on your watch. Users can view an interactive map, check out radar, access the overall weather situation, and even view lightning threats within 100 miles.
- Keep track of severe weather
- Storm cell tracking
- Apple Watch app
- Warnings at a glance or in full detail
- Interactive map
WunderStation is the ultimate grassroots source for the most accurate weather information in your immediate area. Get up-to-the-minute data from a network of over 180,000 private weather stations. This app is a goldmine for farmers and people who are into data! Get every conceivable piece of weather information specific to your area, and view analyze and share only what matters to you. The app can be configured to chart indoor sensor info, so it’s great for those who use greenhouses. WunderStation gives you actual data from your neighbourhood or farm area, rather than just passing on readings obtained at some remote airport.
- Accurate weather information
- Specific to your area
- Offers numerous data points
- Include indoor sensor data
- Free iPhone app for storm alerts
If you are searching for more than a basic weather app, one that is not only informative and accurate but engaging to use then the Yahoo Weather app could be the way to go. With this app you'll be able to view the hourly, five day, and 10 day forecasts with ease. What's really fun is that there are Flickr photos that are meant to match the current conditions, the time of day, and even your location giving this a much more appealing look than a typical and basic weather app. You can save up to 20 cities in your list of favorites, check out the different interactive radar maps, get notifications about the weather twice a day, and get the detailed conditions such as wind speeds, the air pressure, sunrise, sunset, etc.
- This app combines accurate weather detail with stunning graphics
- The app offers interactive radar maps
- Check out the hourly, five day, and 10 day forecasts
- Save up to 20 cities
- Receive twice daily weather notifications
Yahoo! Weather app review
Weather information is one of those things that unless it is updated on a regular basis is pretty much useless. The WeatherBug app allows users to tap in to real-time weather forecasts and receive severe weather alerts as they happen. Not only will you find all the usual items a weather app should have but it also features some cool tools like the WeatherBug Home Energy Meter. This interactive tool allows you to slide the thermostat bar so you can see how the temperature outside affects your energy use. The interactive maps offered feature different layers, there are live traffic and weather cameras, you can view the weekend weather, and even a lifestyle forecast that can really help you with your plans.
- This offering provides users with real-time weather information
- Get alerts as they happen
- There is a lifestyle forecast to help you plan your day
- View maps with different layers
- The app offers a variety of unique and interactive tools
WeatherBug app review
When you've got a network of more than 100,000 weather stations, there's a good chance you're going to have the most up-to-date and accurate forecasts available. That is what the Weather Underground app strives to do for users offering interactive radar, the current conditions, 10 day forecasts, and plenty more. Navigating through the information is simple, just swipe the screen. You can check out additional information such as the UV risk, the air quality rating for the day, the feels like temperature, and even current flu outbreaks. The app offers customizable weather alerts and it supports the Apple Watch giving you all kinds of ways it is available.
- Get all your current conditions and a 10 day forecast
- The app provides additional details such as the air quality rating, the UV risk, the feels like temperature, and more
- The alerts are customizable
- Navigate the app with ease
- The app makes use of its own 100,000 weather stations
Best iPhone Apps For WeatherWeather Underground app review
If you're tired of the same old weather app then it's time to look for something that takes weather a step further and offers an engaging approach. The Today Weather app is from the same developers as the Agenda Calendar and is meant to be informative, clean, and user-friendly. This app provides users with a seven day forecast and the "Today" screen is where you can check out the current conditions. The app supports locations all across the world, which means you can travel with this one with ease. Additional features include a handy dashboard tool, radar that shows you all the storms and precipitation coming your way and happening, there are plenty of customization tools, and you can share weather information through social media.
- Meant for those who want a clean uncluttered approach to the weather
- There are customization tools and settings
- This one is great for traveling with since it supports locations around the world
- Get current and forecasted conditions
Today Weather app review
If you want to be prepared for severe weather when it happens then you first have to know there is an alert in place. The Storm Shield app acts as just that, a shield in a sense you are given the information you need to then prepare yourself and protect yourself against severe weather. The app provides users with severe weather alerts based on their exact location so you know when you get an alert it truly is meant for your location. Receive alerts for floods, tornados, winter storms, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and more. All of these alerts can be shared with your family and friends. Alerts are sent in the form of push and voice notification.
- Get alerted to severe weather by voice and push notification
- The app sends out alerts for various types of damaging weather
- Alerts are sent based on your exact location
- You can share alerts
- The app is simple to navigate
Storm Shield app review
Enjoy a beautiful interface, wonderful graphics and interactive tracking through this cool app. Get NOAA forecasts, weather maps, storm satellite imagery, real-time weather warnings from the National Weather Service, set push notifications for weather alerts, radar and satellite images, weather forecasts and more. You can also track specific storms and receive notifications whenever there’s an update. This free app does have ads. If you love tracking storms then this app is definitely worthy of a space on your iDevice.
- Track storms, View storm satellite images
- NOAA forecast maps, 5 day weather forecasts
- Real-time weather alerts from National Weather Service
- Push notifications for weather updates
- Cool interface, Easy to use, Has ads