Do you want to be able to stay on top of all the latest weather developments especially in terms of storms? Because you never know when they can develop, increase in intensity, or even change their path having an app that collects all the data and provides you with alerts is an excellent solution. The following list of apps provides users with a variety of weather-related tools ranging from basic offerings to apps that provide you with advanced weather details.
The best iPhone apps for storm alerts
21 Jun 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Hurricane & Typhoon Track, the storm alerts app, allows you to keep track of tropical storm, Typhoon, and hurricane activity in the Global Ocean basins. The Hurricane Track app gives you the most up to the minute and reliable hurricane & Typhoon path, Tracking Map, coordinates data, Satellite Images, Computer Models Warning Information and high-resolution Satellite maps... with data provided by 22,000+ trusted or official weather stations all over the world. Here are the key highlights of this application...
- Quick overview of active hurricanes, tropical storms, depressions, and other cyclones
- Get real-time Hurricane & Typhoon Tracking
- Emergency Shelters
- Tap on any map to view full screen, with pinch-to-zoom, drag, and scroll support, even during loop playback
- Current Storm Location
- Storm Surge Probability
Cross app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice, it’s never been easier to be ready!
- Free and available in English and Spanish
- Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires
- Customizable alerting and push notification options
- Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts
- Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down
- And MANY MORE useful features
The iPhone app for storm alerts provides the latest severe weather information. The global storms app provides information which is courtesy of various open government sources as indicated in each section. Here some of the app’s highlights:
- Hurricanes, typhoons and tropical storms in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans
- Worldwide animated satellite views
- The latest worldwide marine information
- The ultraviolet index
- US mainland storms, including the latest tornado and severe thunderstorm alerts
- Animated radar for the US and animated US forecast chart
The NOAA Hi Def Radar app is a simple yet powerful weather radar app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map. Now supporting iOS 14 home screen widgets! This good iPhone app for storm alerts provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
- Show the weather map full-screen on your device and hide the app buttons for a full-screen map view of radar activity
- Check current weather conditions and forecasts (for U.S. locations, and some non-U.S. locations where available)
- Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled
- Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to weather forecasts and lightning alerts
- Current road conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information for all your locations
Be safe with My Lightning Tracker & Alerts even where thunderstorms are common. My Lightning Tracker is the best weather app for monitoring lightning strikes all around the world in close to real-time. With a sleek modern design, you can watch thunderstorms as they occur. You can also receive push notifications whenever strikes are detected in your area. If you want the most efficient way of keeping up lightning strikes and thunderstorms, then My Lightning Tracker is the right app for you. This app features:
- Displays lightning strikes all around the world!
- See a history of hotspots where lightning strikes occur most often!
- View more detailed information about where the thunderstorm is occurring on a map.
- Receive lightning alerts when a storm is nearby so that you can monitor it live.
- Share a strike with your friends so that they can see it too.
- Full support for the latest iPhone and iPad models.
My Aurora Forecast is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights. If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. It is built with a sleek dark design; it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, you'll be seeing the Northern Lights in no time. Main features are:
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights in the United States or the rest of the world.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Free push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
Enjoy a beautiful interface, wonderful graphics and interactive tracking through this cool app. Get NOAA forecasts, weather maps, storm satellite imagery, real-time weather warnings from the National Weather Service, set push notifications for weather alerts, radar and satellite images, weather forecasts and more. You can also track specific storms and receive notifications whenever there’s an update. This free app does have ads. If you love tracking storms then this app is definitely worthy of a space on your iDevice.
- Track storms, View storm satellite images
- NOAA forecast maps, 5 day weather forecasts
- Real-time weather alerts from National Weather Service
- Push notifications for weather updates
- Cool interface, Easy to use, Has ads
If you want to be prepared for severe weather when it happens then you first have to know there is an alert in place. The Storm Shield app acts as just that, a shield in a sense you are given the information you need to then prepare yourself and protect yourself against severe weather. The app provides users with severe weather alerts based on their exact location so you know when you get an alert it truly is meant for your location. Receive alerts for floods, tornados, winter storms, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and more. All of these alerts can be shared with your family and friends. Alerts are sent in the form of push and voice notification.
- Get alerted to severe weather by voice and push notification
- The app sends out alerts for various types of damaging weather
- Alerts are sent based on your exact location
- You can share alerts
- The app is simple to navigate