Are you trying to shed some winter weight? Maybe your doctor has told you that you need to change your lifestyle. Did you know that if you use an app to track your calories, you're more likely to stick with tracking compared to someone who doesn't use an app? Your weight loss will also be more substantial. Check out our list of the best calorie counter apps for iPhone and iPad.
The best calorie counter apps for iPhone and iPad
3 Jun 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
The Calories Counter is a great calorie counter app for iPhone. With the Calories Counter app, you can enter your meals details then calculate their nutritional contents. The food database includes over 4000 foods. The calorie counter is the essential app to simply find nutritional info for the food you eat and easily keep track of your meals. This application uses HealthKit APIs, integrated with the Health app to keep your calories information.
- Find nutrition info on the food you eat
- Food database includes over 4000 foods
- Your daily goal
- Your history
With this calorie counting app, you will be able to accurately select foods based on your dietary goals. This app is a quick and easy way to check calories, carbs and fat. The CalorieKing Food Database is America's best and most reliable. Trusted by health professionals everywhere, it contains over 100,000 foods and includes 260 fast food chains and restaurants. The CalorieKing Calorie Counter for iPhone has a user-friendly interface that allows a quick comparison, of calories, carbs and fat, between foods. With CalorieKing Food Search you can effortlessly:
- Select and tap on a particular food to get relevant information
- Find out how much protein, fiber, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium, and alcohol the food contains
- Make the right decision about the food you analyze
- Reach your goal weight and enjoy better health
The Calorie Counter+ App by Nutracheck is fast and easy to use. Nutracheck makes it easy to track what you eat and keep your body in shape. Achieve your weight loss goal. Enjoy a 7 day free trial – after this daily limits apply. Upgrade in-App from $4.99 per month for unlimited use, or continue free on Lite membership with daily limits. Great features of the Calorie Counter are:
- Scans barcodes for easy calorie counting.
- Also tracks carbs, sugar, protein, fat, saturated fat, sodium and fiber.
- Huge food database with photos or logos of foods
- Lets you set your own calorie and nutrition targets
- Links with Fitbit
- Shows an icon on your home screen with calories remaining for the day
MyNetDiary can help you lose weight and get healthier. You can track your food and exercise, plan out your healthy meals, and even stay motivated. It's easy to use and was even rated as the #1 diet app by the American Journal of Preventative Medicine. It has the largest verified food database with more than 675,000 foods, personalized reminders and advice, and flexible amount entry with multiple servings for most foods. You can track up to 45 nutrients, see your Daily and Weekly Analysis to see where you can make improvements, and the app links to fitness trackers and scales.
- Searches for foods as you type
- Built-in barcode scanner
- Detailed food labels
- Quick calories entry
- Free with in-app subscription
This calorie tracker is built on the reputation of LiveStrong.org and provides users with a reliable tool for weight management and improving one’s overall health. This app has a massive database with over 2 million foods. Users can learn which foods have the most calories, how healthy foods their favorite foods are, create custom foods and meals, set up automatic tracking, get personalized daily caloric goals, track and review data, monitor progress, log your water intake, get support from members of a large community, integrate with Apple’s Health app and much more. There are numerous in-app purchases.
- Created by LiveStrong.org, Calorie tracker and health tool
- Massive database of over 2 million foods
- View nutrient and caloric breakdown for foods
- Track your calories, weight and water intake
- Get goals, Talk to members, In-app purchases
Fooducate is a weight loss tool that’s also designed to help users learn how to eat a healthy diet. Track your food, activity, sleep, mood and more. There’s a large community that will help keep you motivated and accountable. It’s one of the best weight loss and nutrition apps on the iOS. Users can scan bar codes to add the food, get suggestions on healthy foods to eat, share tips for success, learn about unhealthy ingredients like trans fats, personalize the app to your specific criteria like age and weight, integrate with Apple’s Health app, gluten and other allergies covered, monitor health conditions and more. There are in-app purchase for features and the Pro version.
- One of the top weight loss and nutrition apps for the iOS
- Monitor food, sleep, activity, and mood
- Get tips, learn about unhealthy foods, get suggestions on foods
- Personalize this app for your age, health, gender, weight, etc
- In-app purchase for Pro Version and other features
My Diet Coach Free lets you try out the My Diet Coach app before you upgrade. It will help you stay on track, stay committed, lose weight, and more. Track your calories and water intake, resist food cravings, identify emotional eating habits, and get diet tips and quotes. You'll get notifications, motivational guidelines, a weight chart (Pro), points and virtual rewards, a food cravings panic button (Pro), diet diary and calorie calculator, and you can add custom reminders like when to drink more water. The app is completely integrated with the Health app and it even works with Apple Watch.
- Points and virtual rewards
- Track your calories and water intake
- Diet tips and quotes
- Weight Chart
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
The MyFitnessPal Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker app will help you stay motivated and on track to lose, gain, or maintain your weight. The MFP all is user-friendly and has the largest food database with over 5 million foods listed. It's quick and easy to enter your food and exercise data, and it's totally free. The app will remember your favorites, you can add multiple foods at one time, and you can even save and add entire meals. It's compatible with over 50 apps and devices like Apple Health, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Runkeeper, and more.
- Largest food database
- Easy and fast food entry
- Barcode Scanner
- Track all major nutrients
- Free calorie counter app for iPhone and iPad
Argus boasts itself as having the world's largest social fitness community. You can set lifestyle goals, track your sleep, monitor your heart rate, track your steps, count your calories, and track your activities like running, climbing, cycling, and more. It offers in-depth charts and analysis, personalized weight-loss plans, video workouts, and you can join challenges to help motivate yourself. Learn how to perform basic weight lifting moves like deadlift, bench press, and squats, and follow along with Yoga and Pilates classes or do some stretches. This app is from the Azumio team so you know it's of the highest quality possible.
- Video workouts
- Track food and exercise
- Largest social fitness community
- Personalized weight-loss plans
- Free with in-app purchases
Lose It! makes it easy to lose weight. The calorie tracking program gives you the tools you need to plan meals, track the food you eat, and stay motivated so you can lose weight and meet your goals for exercise, blood pressure, nutrition, sleep, and more. Any foods logged to your phone's Health data will automatically sync to the app, the built-in barcode scanner makes entering packaged foods easy, you can track your steps, the meal and exercise planning helps you stay on track, and you can keep a diary or journal.
- Calorie counter and food tracker
- Meal and exercise planning
- Share foods with friends
- Comprehensive food and exercise database
- Free with in-app purchases
My Macros+ is a diet tracking app created by fitness professional Jason Loewy so you know it will offer everything you need. There are over 4 million food items in the database, you can set your nutrition goals by gram, it's fully operational offline, and you can add food to any number of meals: no more being restricted to Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner entries! There's a barcode scanner, it's integrated wit HealthKit and Apple Watch, and each one of the food items in the database are customizable and editable for your needs. You can have multiple nutrition goals like for rest days and workout days, low- and high-carb days, or whatever else. Your macro totals are given for individual meals as well as daily totals.
- Designed by a fitness pro
- Over 4 million food items in the database
- Set multiple nutrition goals
- See macro totals for meals as well as daily totals
- Use it with Apple Watch