Meditation? Yes there's an app for that. From improving sleep to reducing anxiety, it is well-known that investing time in the practise of meditation pays huge dividends in improving both physical and mental health. With a simple tap of a screen, users can easily invest a few minutes learning this vital life skill from a wide range of experts. Detach from your stress with soothing background music or idyllic nature sounds, and get your Zen on with these terrific picks.
The best meditation apps for iPhone and iPad 2020
10 Dec 2020, by Christine Pamintuan
Relax and sleep better with Soothing Pod for FREE. Whether you have 2 minutes or 2 hours in your day, Soothing Pod can fit into any schedule and is easy to use, no matter your experience with meditation.
With this mediation app you will get hundreds of free original contents, such as mindfulness meditations, nature sounds, beautiful music and soothing sleep stories to help you relax and sleep better
- Daily meditation
- Soothing sleep stories
- Beautiful relaxing music
- Nature sounds
- Toggle easily between Adult and Kids mode
- Customize each meditation and sleep story
- Sleep timer
Wellness Coach, a meditation app is a holistic wellness platform designed to inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
Every month you can join hundreds of live and interactive wellness classes and feel the sense of community & belonging. Share your experiences with others, ask coaches for real time help and track your progress on the app. Wellness Coach membership covers all essentials of wellness including the following:
- Mental wellbeing
- Physical wellbeing
- Fitness (Cardio, HIIT..)
- Nutrition & more
- Parenting and family life
- Managing debt
- Retirement planning
- Rainy day funds and even more with Premium membership
Stop, Breathe and Think app is an award winning app that’s been downloaded 2,000,000 times. Promising users a personal forcefield of calm and peace, the app opens with a short mood survey to facilitate users’ self awareness. Customize a list of guided meditations and keep track of your progress. Stop, Breathe and Think encourages the daily mindfulness that is critical to well being. Track your settledness and motivate yourself to chill out daily with the Daily Streak and Weekly Settledness features. The design is ultra smooth and easy to use, which is exactly what you want in a meditation assist.
- Award winning
- Self-awareness survey
- Easy to use
- Free with in-app purchases
This time can help you get the most out of your meditation sessions and it’s loaded with features that make it worthy of a spot on your iDevice. Enjoy features like a meditation schedule, timer functions like cool down, start or stop meditation, background pictures, various sounds for different portions of the meditation, hide the time, password protection, create unlimited reminders, plenty of support features and more. Download this app and take your meditation sessions to a whole new level.
- Fantastic meditation timer
- Start and Stop function, Cool down
- Meditation schedule, Background pictures
- Sounds, Create unlimited reminders
- Various support features, Share on Facebook
Moodlapse is an immersive audiovisual relaxation app that uses the magic of flower power to provide some calm and boost your mood. It is relaxing, immersive, and creative. Use this meditation app to tap the pause button on your busy day whenever you need to refocus for a moment or take a deep breath. Pick a flower from the collection of 18 time-lapse videos and tap, slide or tilt your screen to create animated kaleidoscopic flower mandalas that promote relaxation and mindful creativity. Our videos are created from over 1500 hours of time-lapse capture.
- Fully functional 5-day free trial. No subscription - one payment unlocks all content.
- 18 exclusive flower videos to explore. Created from over 1500 hours of time-lapse capture!
- 6 exclusive mood-enhancing binaural soundscapes.
- One flower video and one audio track free to use forever.
- Anytime or anywhere, use Moodlapse to focus on something beautiful and creative.
- Experience immersion and contemplation; cornerstone techniques in mindfulness practice.
- Integrate with Apple Health and set a daily reminder to boost your mood and mental wellbeing.
- Runs universally (full-screen) on both iPhone and iPad.
Use mindfulness meditation techniques taught by a renowned Zen Buddhist Master to connect deeply with the present moment, soothe anxiety, experience more joy and happiness, and taste enlightenment.
Explore a wealth of easy-to-use guided meditations, relaxations, and talks with the app for meditation.
The Plum Village app enables us to bring mindfulness into our life, so we can live each moment more deeply and create a happier future. As Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh says, mindfulness allows us to be truly alive.
- Free forever with no ads or in-app purchases
- 50+ guided meditations
- 300+ video sessions and Q&A with Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
- A “Mindfulness Bell” to incorporate into our daily routine
- 10 guided contemplations
- 6 guided meditations for children
- “Favourite” your most loved meditations to find them easily
- Download talks and meditation to app for easy offline practice
- Track your meditations! If enabled from the Extras tab, the app will record your time spent listening to Plum Village meditations as “Mindful Minutes” in the Apple Health app.
Brainwaves is one PRO Brainwave App, which contains top quality Isochronic Tones and BinauralBeats combined with relaxing ambient music and soothing nature sounds, including 500+ programs helping with Sleep, Manifestation, Focus, Positive Mood, Confidence, Memory, Meditation, Relaxation, Brain Function, White Noise and much more. This meditation app helps with sleep quality, concentration and memory, stress and anxiety, total relaxation of the entire body. So, download Brainwaves right now and start treading on the path to a better mind, body, and soul!
- 500+ brainwave programs bring you to an altered state of mind
- A new FREE program to listen and download every day
- No extensive practices required, and feel the effects in minutes
- Fall asleep fast
- Enhance your brain power and mental wellbeing
Stoa is the Stoic Meditation and Journal app for practitioners and doers. It combines the practical philosophy of Stoicism with mindfulness meditation. After completing the introductory meditation course, Stoa introduces more advanced Stoic meditations such as the view from above, praemeditatio malorum, and meditations on death and gratitude. With the hours of guided meditations and a journal, you can practice Stoic philosophy and apply the principles to your life. The app for meditation also includes a journal. Use Stoic principles and questions as prompts to build a daily journaling routine.
- Hours of guided meditations
- A private journal
- Thousands of quotes. Curated by author and philosopher Massimo Pigliucci
- Readings and analysis from his Stoic Meditations podcast
- Conversations with experts
Improve your sleep, reduce a stress level and get more benefits with the world’s first personalized meditation program in this meditation app. Get started with the free Foundations Plan, where you’ll train your focus and reduce anxiety by concentrating on your breath and noticing sensations in your body. Or, if you already meditate often, start with our free Advanced Plan, which helps you take your meditation practice to the next level. As a free user, you’ll also have access to a few of our most popular Singles. With a Balance subscription, you get the full library of 10-day personalized Plans and all on-the-go Singles.
- Personalized guided meditations tailored to your mood, goals, experience, and more
- 10-day Plans to help you develop and deepen your meditation skills
- Bite-sized Single meditations you can use to get more out of any moment
- Wind Down, a groundbreaking activity grounded in sleep research, to help you relax and prepare for restful sleep
- Badges to reward your progress on Plans, Singles, and skills
- Customizable session duration options
- Mindful Minutes integration with Apple’s Health app
- New content added regularly
- Animated breathing exercises for quick calm
- 9 concrete meditation techniques to build your practice: Breath Focus, Body Scan, Labeling, Awareness, Visualization, Loving-Kindness, Breath Control, Spotlighting, and Innovation.
The Anxiety Solution is the #1 dedicated anxiety and meditation app. It features over 70 mindfulness, meditation, breathing tools, sleep stories and fitness routines based on proven science for stress relief, helping anxiety, depression, improving mood and getting your mind calm. The app is developed in partnership with anxiety expert, therapist and Penguin Random House author Chloe Brotheridge and is based on her bestselling book, The Anxiety Solution. Her personal experience and advice have been transformed into daily practices to help you manage and overcome anxiety. The app contains tools and practices to:
- Stop panic attacks
- Sleep better
- Focus more
- Calm worry
- Build self-esteem
- Manage social anxiety
- Improve productivity
- Feel good on social media
- Make difficult decisions
- Boost your mood
- Practise mindfulness
- Tackle tricky thoughts
- Deal with uncertainty
- Be present in the moment
- Boost body confidence