There’s a good chance you have at least a few files on your mobile device that are private and you’d like to keep from others seeing. But, some of you may be wondering how do you ensure that people won't see these private files? This list of apps provide users with a way to use a digital vault to their advantage and lock away whatever they want. You’ll find a list of security measures, intruder monitoring tools, and so much more to give you peace of mind.
The best vault apps for the iPhone
13 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Having tested many, we feel the HiddenVault app is best vault app for iPhone available at this time. With a current average rating of 4.9 in the AppStore, it’s proving to be a winner with its users. What we really liked is that not only can you store both photos and videos safely away but that all your information is treated with the utmost confidentiality. Comments in the AppStore are very positive and the developer responds to them which we love to see. 888Ladies Bingo and Slot Games app review
- Your data never leaves your device. Confidentiality assured
- Military grade encryption storage
- Passwords can also be stored
- Compatible with iCloud backup
With a lot of features, the VAULT : Lock Photos & Videos app by developer Nandan Jadhav, deserves a spot on our list of the best vault apps for iPhone. From folder lock and file encryption, to the ability to manage your files on Google drive, with a host of other very useful features. This app has you covered. You can even transfer files using WiFi or a hotspot.
- Folder Lock & File Encryption
- Advance Video Player
- Secure Browser
- Wireless File Transfer
- iCloud Backup
- App Lock - Support Touch ID or Face ID
- Google Drive File Management
This Vault app for iPhone is the best app to protect and hide your private photos & videos.
Over millions of people trust the Vault Hide photos and videos app to keep their photos & videos hidden. The can back up all your photos & videos on Cloud. Years of professional mobile security services ensure the most reliable personal privacy protection.
- Space encryption. Access app with personal digital password
- Also support unlock your Vault with Touch ID
- Bulk photos and videos import and intelligent folder management keep your phone organized
- Newly taken photos can be immediately encrypted and saved rather than showing up in your photo album
- Password for photos and videos can be cancelled anytime
- Save your favorite photos from web to Vault
Picture Safe, the hidden photo app for iPhone is the gold standard in security and privacy management for all your media. The Picture Safe app allows you to store, protect, and organise all your media with ease. The app ensures definitive privacy, photo management, and file transfer utility.
- Creates a password protected storage area for any image from your camera or photo album
- SnoopStopper™ fake safe for would be intruders.
- Support for over 10 different video formats including MP4, AVI, WMV and MKV
- Advanced video playback controls including skip back/fwd 30/60 seconds.
- Multiple photo slideshow options, multi-touch zoom, rotate, etc.
- Beautiful and intuitive user interface designed for every iOS device.
SecureSafe – highly secure cloud storage solution with built-in password manager from DSwiss AG. SecureSafe is a multiple award-winning online storage solution with an integrated password manager. The service is unique because of its strong double encryption, triple data storage and zero knowledge architecture, which ensures you the very highest level of privacy protection. SecureSafe app review
- Passwords and PINs
- Credit card details
- E-banking codes
- A copy of your passport
- Contracts, application documents and more
The Vault app by Bestapps BV stands out as an example of serious developers at work. The ratings in the Appstore are very strong, but what we like most is that the app is constantly updated. This is important, as many of you who had apps that were abandoned, would appreciate this fact. Should you have time to read their app details, they offer a great explanation of what is “secure” and what is not “secure” in other “Vault apps. The Vault app review
- Simple to use
- High level encryption
- No ad banners
- Import data from your other password app.
Protect your passwords, personal files and other private information with this highly encrypted vault app. Use a password to access app or your finger print. Once you have opened the app, you will see a wide range of features that will certainly meet the standards of any experienced user. There’s a vault timer, digital wallet, scan and store documents, add tags to files, password generator, view your password strength, sync across other devices and more. This military grade encrypted vault will protect your files and give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
- Military grade encrypted vault, Plenty of cool features
- Store files, personal information, passwords
- Scan and add documents, Use tags for organization
- Password generator, Fingerprint to access, Digital wallet
- In-app purchases for subscription options
If you have a file that you want to keep hidden and safe from those prying eyes, then here’s one of the best photo vault apps for the iPhone. This app has a solid security feature, smart lock technology, Cloud backup features and other tools to keep your files safe. After saving and storing the file, you can add your own label, quickly and easily transfer, create custom albums, import albums, store photos in app and not the iPhone’s camera roll, and the ability to work with batches of photos at one time. The app has a great user guide to aid users. There’s a few in-app purchases including one to remove ads.
- A powerful photo vault tool
- Several great security features for protecting files
- Customize just about every detail for the photo
- Work with batches of photos, Cloud backup
- In-app purchases including one for ad removal
How many times has a photo you've taken accidentally been deleted or somehow "lost"? The Keep Safe Private Photo Vault app makes it possible to lock away all your most important photos and videos keeping them safe from others as well. The content is kept safe with a PIN pad password and you can also make a second PIN that acts as a decoy. You can also manage your photos within the app by creating custom photo albums. View your photos and videos from inside the app, make use of the slideshow function, the full-screen viewing mode, share content if you like, and zoom in on the pictures. For more on this app, check out our review. Keep Safe photo vault app review
- Keep your content safe with a fake PIN code
- Lock away your important photos and videos
- Manage your content by creating customized folders
- View your photos in full-screen mode
- View photos as a slideshow and zoom in on them
- You can share content
How do you make sure your pictures are kept safe and private from prying eyes? The Private Photo Vault app can certainly help you out by giving you a way to lock up and keep photos protected by a password. You can set up a password to get into the app as well as individual photo albums. If anyone should try to break in, you'll get a "break in" report that shows the GPS location of when it happened and it will take a photo of the person. Not only will you be able to keep your photos locked up but you can view them in the app and manage them by creating albums. The app supports export and import from Photo app, text your photos, email them, and transfer them wirelessly. Check out our app review for more info on this app.
- Keep your photos safe and secure with password protection
- Get break in reports should someone try to access your photos
- Manage your photos with folders
- Supports both Export and Import functions
- Share or transfer your photos
Here's your chance to hide away all your important notes and information in a top secret folder hidden on your device. The Best Secret Folder app has been designed to give users a place to hide away photos, videos, notes, and more. Your content is kept top secret thanks to the pattern and password lock. Now, if someone should try to break in, the app will activate an audible alarm so you can catch the perpetrator. If the login fails after four times - that's when the security measures kick in including a photo of the intruder. There is a security log history option, you can create folders in the app to manage your information, you can import and export content, there are different ways to view your content, and more. Best Secret Folder app review
- Hide all your important content photos, videos, notes, and more
- When an intruder breaks a photo is taken of them and an audible alarm sounds
- Manage your content with folders
- Import and export content