There’s a good chance you have at least a few files on your mobile device that are private and you’d like to keep from others seeing. But, some of you may be wondering how do you ensure that people won't see these private files? This list of apps provide users with a way to use a digital vault to their advantage and lock away whatever they want. You’ll find a list of security measures, intruder monitoring tools, and so much more to give you peace of mind.
The best vault apps for the iPhone
17 Feb 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Vault app by Bestapps BV stands out as an example of serious developers at work. The ratings in the Appstore are very strong, but what we like most is that the app is constantly updated. This is important, as many of you who had apps that were abandoned, would appreciate this fact. Should you have time to read their app details, they offer a great explanation of what is “secure” and what is not “secure” in other “Vault apps.
- Simple to use
- High level encryption
- No ad banners
- Import data from your other password app.
Protect your passwords, personal files and other private information with this highly encrypted vault app. Use a password to access app or your finger print. Once you have opened the app, you will see a wide range of features that will certainly meet the standards of any experienced user. There’s a vault timer, digital wallet, scan and store documents, add tags to files, password generator, view your password strength, sync across other devices and more. This military grade encrypted vault will protect your files and give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
- Military grade encrypted vault, Plenty of cool features
- Store files, personal information, passwords
- Scan and add documents, Use tags for organization
- Password generator, Fingerprint to access, Digital wallet
- In-app purchases for subscription options
Lock and manage all of your photos, text messages, videos, recordings, documents, notes, and any other file that you want to keep private or secured. Store and view documents like PDF, PowerPoint, Word, and other popular formats. Manage folders, create sup folders, in-depth file managing tools, supports popular photo files like jpg or png, supports popular video files like mp4 or mov, supports popular audio files like mp3, lock the entire app or individual folders, add or create decoy users, Import/Export folders and much more. There’s also an in-app purchase for the pro version.
- Lock and manage all of your files
- In-depth file management and folder management tools
- Supports popular image, video and audio files
- Store and view popular document files like PDF, Word and more
- In-app purchase for Pro Version
If over 4 million people trust this app then maybe you should too. Download this app and ever worry about people using your iPhone and seeing those private photos. Password protect your photos, fake password guest mode, share photos whenever you want, create and manage your photo albums, perform tasks on multiple photos at a time, transfer large photo batches when connected to Wi-Fi, iCloud integration to sync across other iDevices and more. There is an in-app purchase to upgrade to the full version.
- Over 4 million users, Protect your private photos
- Fake password guest mode, Hide or share photos
- Create and manage albums, Multiple photo tasks
- Transfer large batches of photos, iCloud supported
- In-app purchase for full version
If you have a file that you want to keep hidden and safe from those prying eyes, then here’s one of the best photo vault apps for the iPhone. This app has a solid security feature, smart lock technology, Cloud backup features and other tools to keep your files safe. After saving and storing the file, you can add your own label, quickly and easily transfer, create custom albums, import albums, store photos in app and not the iPhone’s camera roll, and the ability to work with batches of photos at one time. The app has a great user guide to aid users. There’s a few in-app purchases including one to remove ads.
- A powerful photo vault tool
- Several great security features for protecting files
- Customize just about every detail for the photo
- Work with batches of photos, Cloud backup
- In-app purchases including one for ad removal
How many times has a photo you've taken accidentally been deleted or somehow "lost"? The Keep Safe Private Photo Vault app makes it possible to lock away all your most important photos and videos keeping them safe from others as well. The content is kept safe with a PIN pad password and you can also make a second PIN that acts as a decoy. You can also manage your photos within the app by creating custom photo albums. View your photos and videos from inside the app, make use of the slideshow function, the full-screen viewing mode, share content if you like, and zoom in on the pictures. For more on this app, check out our review.
- Keep your content safe with a fake PIN code
- Lock away your important photos and videos
- Manage your content by creating customized folders
- View your photos in full-screen mode
- View photos as a slideshow and zoom in on them
- You can share content
How do you make sure your pictures are kept safe and private from prying eyes? The Private Photo Vault app can certainly help you out by giving you a way to lock up and keep photos protected by a password. You can set up a password to get into the app as well as individual photo albums. If anyone should try to break in, you'll get a "break in" report that shows the GPS location of when it happened and it will take a photo of the person. Not only will you be able to keep your photos locked up but you can view them in the app and manage them by creating albums. The app supports export and import from Photo app, text your photos, email them, and transfer them wirelessly. Check out our app review for more info on this app.
- Keep your photos safe and secure with password protection
- Get break in reports should someone try to access your photos
- Manage your photos with folders
- Supports both Export and Import functions
- Share or transfer your photos
Here's your chance to hide away all your important notes and information in a top secret folder hidden on your device. The Best Secret Folder app has been designed to give users a place to hide away photos, videos, notes, and more. Your content is kept top secret thanks to the pattern and password lock. Now, if someone should try to break in, the app will activate an audible alarm so you can catch the perpetrator. If the login fails after four times - that's when the security measures kick in including a photo of the intruder. There is a security log history option, you can create folders in the app to manage your information, you can import and export content, there are different ways to view your content, and more.
- Hide all your important content photos, videos, notes, and more
- When an intruder breaks a photo is taken of them and an audible alarm sounds
- Manage your content with folders
- Import and export content