iDevices are perfect tools for organizing our lives. From photos and videos to legal documents and sales receipts, file management apps are suitable for all kinds of different purposes. Whether it’s for personal or business purposes a file management app can ensure efficiency, optimized organization, structure and peace of mind. Check out our list of the best file managers for the iPhone and iPad to see how you can better organize your iDevices today.
The best file managers for iPhone and iPad
10 Apr 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
This is a file manager app for iPhone.
The application allows you to browse the web, download, and manage files on your iPhone, and iPad.
This offline file storage app allows you to preview images, documents, PDF, and media files; transfer files to your computer via Wi-Fi; upload and manage your files. You can also download big files on background, manage downloaded files.
- Download any files
- Offline storage
- Web Browser
- Play audio and video files
- File manager: copy, edit
- Share files
Download and browse files and documents on your iPhone, iPod or iPad like on your computer.
No limits on storage or downloads! Download and browse files and documents on your iPhone, iPod or iPad like on your computer. “This app is really good I feel blessed to have this app Ican now just download things I wanna download like music or video’s” - Lawl404
- Full-featured Download Manager
- Web-browser like Safari with bookmarks
- File Manager
- iCloud, Camera Roll and iTunes file sharing support
- Open In files in other apps!
HiDrive is your own personal file storage and management system. Easily store all of your files online and access them anywhere through this app. Create a user account and password to upload files. View files through the app, safely access files, protect files, email large files up to 25 MB, create share links of files, backup your files and more. The first 5 GB of storage is free. If you need more storage then you will have to pay a monthly fee based on different storage options.
- File storage and management app
- Store all files on HiDrive, Access files anywhere
- Create user account and password
- Protect files, Safely access files, Create share links
- First 5 GB are free, Subscription options for more space
This file manager is based on the iCloud Drive. It’s a great way to manage files from any iDevice or your PC and be able to sync them wherever you are. Additionally, now you don’t have to worry about your device crashing and losing your files. They’re all saved on the cloud. You can manage over 40 different file formats with 20 of them being editable in this app. The interface has a touch gesture to make it easy to select a file, open a file, zoom and drag files. There’s a powerful PDF editor which is a nice tool in itself. An advanced app that’s easy to use.
- Over 40 file formats, 20 formats are edible
- Touch based gestures
- Sync across all devices, iCloud based management
- A powerful PDF editor
- Simple interface, Advanced features
This app is touted as the most powerful file manager app for the iOS. In addition to file management, this app also allows you to view files, play audio or video files, edit files and more. You can transfer files from your PC or another iDevice. Create, edit and organize folders for your files. Import and export files with ease. Supports popular Cloud services like Dropbox. Has an impressive media player for your MP3 files or video files with playback controls. The app also has privacy options to block unwanted eyes from accessing the app or certain files.
- A powerful file manager app
- View and edit documents or play media files
- Password protect the app or individual folders
- Create folders, Import and Export files, Sync via the Cloud
- In-app purchase to remove all ads from the app
FileMaster app review: keeping you managed and organized-2020
If you need a file management app that focuses more on document organization then you are definitely going to enjoy using this one. Documents 5 enables you to access Microsoft Office documents, as well as being able to read and even annotate PDF documents with full internal search functions. All of the usual cloud synchronization features are offer here, and you can even import files directly from email attachments and web pages if you need to. Passcode protection can also be used to keep your files safe and secure.
- Open everything from videos to books
- Ultra speedy cloud synchronization
- Check out your photos and videos
- Copy files from Macs and PCs
- Save attachments from emails
Documents By Readdle for iPad app reviewDocuments 5 app review: PDFs, media, and much more
What we've got here is a file management app that offers a simple yet nonetheless professional looking interface that makes it incredibly easy for you to manage your documents and media files in an efficient manner. You can passcode protect all of your files and folders, as well as being able to zip them in compressed folders and transfer them to and from your computer via iTunes File Sharing. You'll also be pleased to know that you can share your files and folders with others online via Facebook, email, and even Bluetooth.
- View all of your documents within the app
- Supports text, spreadsheets, and images
- Synchronise your files with multiple cloud storage servers
- Easily share your files online
- Transfer files to your computer via Wi-Fi
File Manager (FREE) app review: a nifty file manager and virtual USB drive for your mobile device
For the longest time, many document and file users on the iOS platform were clamoring for a solid app that will Zip, UnZip or UnRAR files. This app not only addressed that need, it is quite possibly the best app for its niche. Quickly compress your files, open and extra files from a ZIP file or other formats like RAR, vie view popular files like DOC or PDF, append files to a ZIP file, send them via email and more. You can upload or download the files to a cloud drive or iTunes if needed. Print documents, Save images or even share files via Social Media
- A powerful Zip, UnZip and UnRAR tool
- Easily compress or open and extract files
- Send files via email, Sync with the Cloud
- Can use passwords to protect compressed files
- Open and view popular documents like PDF, DOC and EXCEL
iZip for iPad app review
The Briefcase app is like having a virtual briefcase or office in the palm of your hand. Copy, access or transfer files from email, the Cloud, or your PC with this powerful document and file manager. Additionally, you can view popular document formats like PDF, Office and other text files. The media player allows you to enjoy your audio or video files. Additionally, there’s an image viewer, sharing functions and the option to password protect your app. Briefcase has numerous in-app purchases to enjoy the various features and functions.
- Copy, access or transfer files from multiple sources
- View and manage popular document files like Word or PDF
- Password protect your app, Share files with friends
- Media player for audio and video files
- Several in-app purchases for various features
OrganiDoc HD is a file manager and PDF viewer for your iPad. Are you overwhelmed with files, documents, photos, and videos you have saved to your iPad? The app also integrates cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more. Now you’ll be able to manage all of the files you have scattered all over different storage platforms, in one app. Features include easy transfer, public and protected modes, support for AirPrint, and more. The app supports a number of different file formats: MS Office, iWorks, PDF, TXT, ZIP and RAR, MP4, HTML, GIF, JPG, and many more.
- File management app
- View PDFs
- Extract compressed files
- Use WiFi to transfer files from PC to iPad
- One-time purchase
Do you spend a ton of time transferring files? Send Anywhere lets you quickly and easily share your videos, photos, documents, contacts, and others with as many devices as you want. You can share through messengers, social media, QR Code, or a six-digit key. The app is compatible with a number of different platforms and there are no limitations on file type, size, or amount, or device type. The History Room allows you to track every file transfer between two devices with a messenger-like interface. This is the last file transfer app you’ll ever use.
- Transfer files quickly and easily
- Use History Room to track every file transfer
- Start file transfer via encryption key, QR Code, or push notification
- Directly send all file types
- Free file manager app for iPhone and iPad