If you’re a professional actor who is always on the hunt for the next big audience or looking for tools that can help you improve your craft, then check out these great apps. Because acting can be a pretty difficult business to break into, it’s always nice when you can find avenues, tools, and information that can open doors. You may even want to download a few of these apps and really boost your odds of getting your name out there.
The best iPad apps for actors
27 Oct 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you're looking for a portable and professional teleprompter system the Teleprompter Premium app is able to step up and deliver. In fact this one is such a professional tool that it has been used by such well-known stations as FOX, CBS, Channel 4, ABC, and more. With this app the user will be able to control up to eight devices at a time using Bluetooth. If you'd rather, you can also control it using the new Apple Watch. Simply import the script from a Dropbox account or if you'd rather you can compose within the app. There is also a text highlighting tool that can come in very handy.
- The app is a professional tool that has been used by such stations as FOX, CBS, Channel 4, and ABC
- You can control up to eight devices at a time over Bluetooth
- You can import your script from a Dropbox account
- You can highlight the text
- You can control the app from your Apple Watch
If you're a budding or a professional script writer that needs to be able to write on the go then the celtx script app gives you a way to do just that. Go ahead and write then format your scripts, enjoy free backups, and you can even collaborate with partners by making notes and comments. This is a universal app so you can use it any of your devices. The app supports AV, Screenplay, Audio Play, Stageplay, and Comic formats. The user interface is basic and uncluttered giving you the opportunity to focus strictly on the writing.
- The user interface is clean and streamlined
- The app supports AV, Screenplay, Audio Play, Stageplay, and Comic formats
- This app gives people a way to write on the go and collaborate with partners through notes and comments
- The app supports free backups of content
- Format you scripts right from within the app
celtx script app review: superb scriptwriting
Because everything seems to be digital nowadays why shouldn't the call sheet also be a digital format? The Pocket Call Sheet app gives users the ability to put together call sheets that meet the industry standards. What's great is that you can also create call sheets for multiple productions at once. What's great with this offering is that you can make them on the go and then send them out to all your crew and cast members immediately by email. The sheets can be sent as PDF or HTML attachments. Some of the information you can add to the call sheets include the cast information, the production title, the weather for that day, departments, crew information, signatures, scene information, musicians, atmosphere, stand-ins, special instructions, and more.
- Create a digital call sheet that you can email to the entire cast and crew
- Call sheets can be sent as PDF or an HTML attachment
- Add all kinds of additional information to the call sheet
If you're an actor that often has a hard time memorizing your lines then the My Lines app can prove to be an invaluable tool. Because you need to memorize your lines so quickly it can be stressful and hard to do so why not use this app as resource and start making the process much smoother. You will be able to view the script through the app and all of your lines will be highlighted and therefore easy to spot and take away the need for someone else to read with. As an added bonus you will be able to record yourself reading the lines. Additional tools include the text-to-speech reading option, the ability to use the bookmark tool, a hidden mode that hides your lines, you can pick different roles in the script, and you can even make changes on your device.
- The tool will change how you memorize your lines
- Your lines will be highlighted
- There are different ways to read/view your script
- You can record yourself reading the lines
Never forget a task, an idea, or something you wanted to do because now you can capture it all with the Wunderlist: To-Do List & Tasks app. The app can be used for all kinds of different purposes whether it be a to-do list, a shopping list, a project you have been working on, ideas you want to remember, collaborations, and more. What's great is that the app syncs with all your devices so it is available to you at all times. You can also add presentations, PDFs, and photos to your Wunderlists, you can start a conversation about them, set reminders, delegate tasks to people, and more.
- Use this app to create all kinds of lists, projects, ideas, and more
- Attach presentations, PDFs, and photos to your Wunderlists
- Share your Wunderlists with others and collaborate with them
- Delegate tasks to others
- Set up reminders
- The app is streamlined and easy-to-use
Best iPhone Apps For Task ManagementWunderlist for iPad app review
How do you increase your productivity? How about with a tool that makes it possible for you to be productive even while on the go and that is possible with the Scripts Pro app. With this app you can create a script for television or film that will meet all the industry standards. You'll be able to write the script, edit it, and format it all within one location. The app supports exporting and importing of your text files, Celtx, and Final Draft documents. The app supports iCloud so it automatically supports syncing. There are advanced tools included to make the writing process even smoother.
- Be as productive as possible by writing even while on the go
- Write, edit, and format scripts for television and film
- You can import and export Final Draft, Celtx, and text file documents
- There are a number of advanced tools available
- The app supports the iCloud so your files are automatically synced on all your devices
Best iphone Apps for ActorsScripts Pro app review
If you're searching for a way to read screenplays on your mobile device look no further than the Weekend Read app. There is no such thing as not being able to read the screen properly as you can pinch to zoom in and read with ease. There are five different sized fonts to choose from and speaking of fonts, there are four different ones available. If you're reading at night there is a Dark Mode to use. The app supports import from Dropbox, mail, and the Internet. If it is an especially long document you'll want to make use of the Page Jumper so you can move through the content smoothly and quickly.
- Read screenplays on your mobile device
- Control the type of font and size of the font
- Pinch to zoom in
- Move through large documents quickly with the Page Jumper tool
- There is a Dark Mode for night reading