Sure you could pick up the phone and chat with a loved one or you could take the less personal route and go with text messaging, but why not enjoy a face-to-face conversation in the digital age? That’s what these next apps allow you to do by offering a way to chat via video with friends and family. Video messaging has really taken people by storm allowing you to connect with people on a more personal and engaging level.
The best video chat apps for the iPhone
3 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Join chat rooms to meet new people, chat with singles and make new friends with this Good iPhone app for video chat. The Cam to Cam app allows you to talk to random strangers online and have fun! With over 50K daily users, it is by far the best live video chat app on the App Store.
- Simple and elegant interface
- A lot of amusing content
- Users from all over the world (17 different languages!)
- Receive alerts when your friends go live
- Live streaming
The SkyPhone video chat app is simple and free calling application. Just listen and you'll soon notice the high-quality sound of one of the best video chat apps for iPhone. You can start using the app without having to register your personal information. Enter your profile and share your SkyPhone number with friends and family. SkyPhone users can enjoy the clear, high-quality voice calls on SkyPhone for FREE.
- Free voice and video calls
- Allow Contacts Only function
- Do Not Disturb and What's New function
- SkyPhone Number Transfer function
- Incoming and Outgoing Call History
- Set your favorite ringtone
Why buy a webcam since you already have an iPhone/iPad?
iVCam, a webcam app turns your iPhone/iPad into an HD webcam for Windows PC. You can also replace your old USB webcam or integrated webcam with it which has a better quality. At the same time, it's also a perfect baby monitor, spy-cam, security camera and pet-cam. No enough space on your device? iVCam can record the video directly to your PC, works just like a remote video recorder! just download and install our client software on your PC and you're ready to go!
- High-quality, real-time video with low latency and fast speed
- Automatic connection via WLAN or USB and easy to use
- Connect multiple devices to one PC at the same time
- Support common video sizes such as 4K, 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p, etc.
- Support front/rear, wide angle/telephoto cameras and real-time switching
- Support for face beautify, flash, manual/auto focus and video flip/mirror
- Preview video, take pictures and record video files with our Windows client software
- And many other handy features
The Marco Polo app combines the best of texting, social media and video chats - all in one private, easy to use app. It’s different from typical social media apps because Marco Polo is real, trusted and built to be good for you. Unlike many apps, Marco Polo does not sell user data for advertising. Marco Polo isn't about likes or social comparisons.
- Gives you tone, context and certainty that your message was heard
- Video stored in the cloud with no limits on length
- You can talk to friends and family face-to-face even if they aren't iPhone users
- You can't search and find anyone without their mobile number
The Parlor app connects people who want to talk right now. It doesn’t matter if you are 17 or 55. Parlor has topics and users from every age all around the world. Simply pick your topic and within seconds you will get connected to another user in real-time. There are always tens of thousands of users talking on Parlor, so you’re guaranteed to meet new people.
- Thousands of Celebrities use Parlor every day to talk to their fans and post updates to their message boards
- 5 million users
- 2.5 billion conversations
- 100% free globally
This is the official Hangouts app by Google, which you can use to keep in touch with people via a number of ways including voice calls, video, instant messaging and more. Users can also have conversations with more than one person. It comes with all the frills such as status messages, emoji support, stickers, and the ability to send photos and animated GIFs. Additionally, Google Voice can be connected to get phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
- Keep in touch with people across the globe
- Instant messaging, voice calls, and video
- Talk to one or more people at a time
- Google Voice support
- Send emojis, stickers, photos, and GIFs
JusTalk is a video-calling app that is simple and elegant, to help you share your previous moments with loved ones across the world. Import contacts from address book or Facebook and begin your high-quality video calls, where you can doodle, share images, and record during the call! You can also be sure that you are safe and secure, thanks to end-to-end encryption
- High-quality video calling
- Doodle on the screen
- DIsplay images during the call
- Capture photos and videos during the call
- Encrypted data
It's time to throw your phone bill out the door and look at the Paltalk app that offers free video chat. This app makes it possible to chat with people live in a group setting. Chat about the weather, local events, politics, entertainment gossip, listen to music with each other, and even engage in a little karaoke if you like. The app is filled with public chat rooms to check out but if you're rather you can engage in a private conversation. Build your own profile, send virtual gifts to friends, and there is no limit on the amount of video chat you have going on.
- Chat one on one or in a public chat room
- Chat rooms have different topics
- There is no limit on the video chats you have
- You can build a profile
- Send virtual gifts to people
We all love connecting with friends and family but that monthly bill can be rather costly. The WeChat app can work as a cost-effective solution that is user-friendly and offers crisp and clear sound quality. There is no fee associated with this app; it allows you to make free calls to any location you want in the world. That's not just voice calls, it's also video calls. Send voice messages, texts, pictures, and videos to anyone you like and you can even get involved in a group chat with up to 100 people. The group chat is ideal when planning or trying to organize with a large group of people.
- Enjoy free voice and video calls
- Send voice, text, picture, and video messages
- Chat with up to 100 people at once
- Sound quality is crisp and clear