Are you constantly confused about how much of a tip to leave and often find yourself frantically trying to figure out the math in your head? Worse yet, what happens when it’s a group of you splitting the bill and then also trying to split the tip? Here are a number of apps meant to help you figure out how to split the bills, what to leave as a tip, and basically take all the worry off your plate. Instead, you’ll get instant and easy answers through these offerings.
The best iPhone apps for tipping
9 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
iTip app, a tipping calculator app is the perfect tipping calculator for your iPhone. With just a few taps you can easily determine the tip to leave your server. Easily round your tips up or down to the nearest dollar. iTip will even split your bill making it very simple to figure out what each person in your party owes. iTip allows you to calculate tips based on a percentage or the quality of service and will even allow for the exclusion of tax. iTip will provide you with the perfect tip every time.
- Allows for any tip percentage
- Works with all international currencies
- Allows for the exclusion of tax from the tip
- Allows tip to be calculated by doubling the tax
- Split the bill between any number of party members and do even more…
The only tip calculator in the app store to handle sales tax regardless of where you are in the United States. Simply input the subtotal and sales tax given to you on the bill, choose the appropriate gratuity percentage, and your tip amount and total are calculated automatically.
- Everything is calculated for you and presented in an easy–to–read manner.
- Simply copy what you see on the screen onto the receipt and you are ready!
- Tip calculations will be easy after downloading this app.
- Easy format and free to download.
Most people are aware than food service folks are relying on tips to make a decent wage, but calculating a fair and appropriate tip isn’t always easy. Get your tip calculation correct with Tap Tip. Simple tap and swipe to get the information you need. The app can handle a host of tipping permutations, include splitting the bill with up to 100 people. Users can calculate tips based on service, or convert for a currency, and more. The app works with Apple Watch which makes calculating your tip in front of a date or business associate all the more discrete.
- Get tip calculation correct
- Tap and swipe
- Split the bill up to 100 ways
- Works with Apple Watch
- Enables discrete tip calculation
When it comes to tipping, doing the math is tricky enough, but what do you tip the cabbie or the hairdresser? Should you tip the concierge at your hotel? Get Tip Check and get all the information necessary to make sure you are making the best tipping choices for all the important service providers in your life. The app calculates your tip, or helps you split your bill, in a smooth and easy to use interface. The app works without Internet access, and it supports Apple Watch. Save face and save money but getting the tip calculation correct. Tip Check Tip Calculator FREE app review
- Tip calculator
- Split your bill
- Get information on who to tip and how much
- App works without internet access
- Compatible with Apple Watch
How many times have you been really impressed with the service you've received at a restaurant and you want to be sure you leave a fair tip, or on the flip side you were less than impressed and you want your tip to reflect that? The Tip Calculator % Free app is a simple and quick way to figure out exactly how much to leave on your bill. It's got a rounding feature to make things easy and you can split the bill. All you have to do is enter in the total and the app figures out the rest. Tip Calculator % Free app review
- Enter in your bill total and let the app take care of the rest
- The app has a rounding feature
- You can split the bill as many ways as you want
- The numbers on the screen are large and easy to read
- The user interface is basic yet inviting
Tip Calculator % Free app review
If you've walked away from a meal wondering if you paid your fair share of the bill and tip then the Plates by Splitwise app is a great tool to use. This one makes it possible to add items to the app and then put them on individuals plates using drag and drop functionality. This will adjust the total in real-time and make it clear who owes how much. This is great when you’re out with friends all ordering your own meals that are obviously going to be different prices. The app can support up to 10 people and ensure that no-one overpays or underpays. Plates by Splitwise - split dinner bills with ease app review
- Keep track of up to 10 people’s meals using drag and drop functionality
- The total bill is updated in real-time
- Clearly view who owes how much on the bill
- The app also shows taxes and tip
- Ensure that no-one overpays or underpays for a meal again
Plates by Splitwise - split dinner bills with ease app review: haggle-free check splitter
Here's a way to keep your own running tab among friends and keep track of who owes what at the end of the meal. The Tab app has been designed to be a user-friendly way to split the bill among people. The way this one works is that you take a photo of the bill and then you tap the item in order to claim it. Here's the cool part, you will all be able to do this from your own device as long as you’ve got the app and then you can see it updated in real-time as each person claims their item(s). Not to worry the app will also figure out the tip and tax for you. Tab - The Simple Way to Split a Bill app review
- Take a photo of the bill then let each person “claim” their item(s) from their own device
- The app automatically adds your share of the tip and total
- The claiming of the items happens in real-time so each person can see it on their device
- If you are all treating someone you can also divide that person’s share equally
Tab - The Simple Way to Split a Bill app review: snap, split and done