Are you a student or someone who uses math on a regular basis? If so, the following list of apps have been built with you in mind and contain all kinds of handy and useful features. These can make your life much easier when it comes to math equations with some of them being quite basic and others being advanced. All of them are set to perform a vast amount of complex math equations.
The best iPhone apps for Math
15 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Math is hard - but with SnapCalc it’s never been easier. SnapCalc does the math for you. Just snap a picture of a math problem, and voila — the answer is displayed on your screen. From algebra to calculus, the app has solutions to a wide range of topics - and it recognizes handwritten problems too! Learn more quickly and easily with step-by-step explanations so that next time you’ll be able to solve the problem yourself - as easy as one-two-three!
- SnapCalc solves math problems instantly across a wide range of topics
- Provides both straight answers and the corresponding step-by-step solutions.
- Recognizes both handwritten problems as well as printed ones.
- Saves your results in "History" tab so you can go back to them anytime
This app has the perfect title for those who hate math. However, it’s more than just a math learning tool, it’s also a game. The goal is guess the correct answer within the allotted time limit. So, the pressure is on to get it right. You can challenge your friends or see how high of a score you can get. This might just be the only way some of you will enjoy math – through competition. Don’t worry, the math questions are pretty simple. It’s just making sure you answer them quickly.
- A math learning tool
- Simple, Fun and Creative way to learn math
- Compete against your friends
- Try to get the highest score
- A fantastic name for an app
Here’s an app that’s like having a math tutor in your pocket. What’s great about this app is that it doesn’t just give you the right answer, it also gives you a step-by-step breakdown on how to solve the equations. This app is intended for usage with algebra and it really does a wonderful job showing users how to solve algebra problems. With over 3 million users, you know they have to be doing something right. No matter what age, if you are taking an algebra class then this app will become your best friend. There are in-app purchases with this app and ads.
- Over 3 million users
- Learn how to do algebra problems
- Shows you how to solve the problem
- Great for all ages who are taking algebra
- In-app purchases
There's no question about it, math can be a tricky and difficult subject for many people to learn. The Math. app gives users the ability to go about their math equations with the help of their very own tutor. The app is filled with courses for elementary, middle, and high school level math. There are even college math courses available. If you're trying to get yourself ready for the standardized test, do so through this app as well. The way it works is that each of the courses contains a lesson complete with video explanations, self-tests in the form of multiple choice questions, interactive practice, and a worksheet to perform additional problems. Each of the courses features more than 100 lessons.
- The app is filled with math courses for elementary, middle, high school, community college, and university math
- Each of the courses contains more than 100 lessons
- The courses feature interactive practice, self-tests, video explanations, and additional problems on a worksheet
Math app review: your own personal math tutor for free
If you need a scientific calculator that can go above and beyond and provide you with graphing capabilities the Free Graphing Calculator app is able to perform. This one makes it possible to perform all the scientific calculations you want such as square root, absolute value, modulus, and more plus you can graph up to four equations at once. All the graphs will be labeled and you can use a variety of functions with them. Pinch the graph to zoom out or in. Additional features here are that you can make a table of values, it supports statistics, constants for scientific calculations, and there is a unit converter included.
- The app acts as a scientific calculator and can graph equations
- Graph up to four equations at once
- Pinch to zoom out or in on the graph
- You can create a table of values
- The app supports constants for scientific calculations
- There is a unit converter
Free Graphing Calculator app review
There's no need to stress out about that seemingly impossible math problem because you can use the FX Math Solver to help you out. This app is described as a "pocket math assistant", which is an excellent way to describe it. The app is capable of performing 1,500 sample math problems and takes you through the entire solution step-by-step using an animated process. This app is capable of taking on pre-algebra, algebra1, algebra2, and calculus problems. The app contains a graphing calculator and scientific calculator as well as other tools.
- Check out the more than 1,500 sample math problems that contain step-by-step solutions shown through animations
- The app can handle pre-algebra, algebra1, algebra2, and calculus problems
- The app features a scientific and graphing calculator
- The app supports limit, function, integral, and differentiation
- This one can help any student is in the middle of getting ready for a math term exam, SAT, ACT, and GRE
FX Math Solver app review: a fine tool for math students
Who do you turn to when you have a question to ask about calculations, data, statistics, and more? The WolframAlpha app is a unique app that is meant to act as a user-friendly expert regarding computation and knowledge. The app contains massive amounts of data and algorithms so that it can take on a large variety of questions that you throw its way and provide you with instant answers and reports. Some of the areas of expertise for this app include chemistry, statistics and data analysis, mathematics, physics, engineering, materials, computational sciences, life sciences, astronomy, units and measures, earth science, and more.
- Search the app for answers on all kinds of topics
- The app excels in the areas of chemistry, statistics and data analysis, mathematics, physics, engineering, materials, computational sciences, life sciences, astronomy, units and measures, and earth science
- The app is user-friendly and provides you with instant answers and reports
Best iPad Apps for Business
Not everyone needs a calculator that is filled with tools and features that in turn can make it the exact opposite of user-friendly. The Calcbot app is meant to feel like a streamlined yet intelligent calculator that can take on all kinds of equations and also act as a unit converter. This one features an Apple Watch extension giving users even more functionality. Just like the old style of calculators this one has a history tape so that means all the calculations you perform are saved to it. If there is a calculation you want to remember, mark it as a favorite. Additionally the app can take on scientific calculations, has an expression view, features fun animations and sounds, and syncs with the Cloud.
- This is meant to be a user-friendly offering
- The app features a history tape where all your calculations are logged
- The app syncs with the Cloud
- The app supports the Apple Watch
Best iPad Apps for Learning MathBest calculator apps for the iPhoneCalcbot app review: easy to use smart calculator with unit converter
As you're browsing through the app store looking for that perfect calculator, why not pick one that is award winning and is sure to provide you with all the tools you want? The Math Ref app is filled with all kinds of math examples and formulas so that you can take on such complex problems in math, chemistry, and physics. Some of the stand out features here include advanced tools, a quadratic solver, a unit converter, a triangle solver, and plenty more. You can mark equations as favorites and then group them, you can print entire groups of equations or just a single one, you can perform a search, and you can make notes right within the app.
- Perform everything from the basic to the most advanced math problem
- The app contains more than 1,400 different formulas to help you solve problems
- You can mark an equation as a favorite
- You can group favorite equations together
- You can print an equation or a full group of them
- You can make notes in the app
- You can perform a search within the app
Best iPad Apps for Learning MathMath Ref app review: bringing math concepts, formulas, and equations at your fingertips
Creating graphs has never been easier thanks to the Quick Graph app. This one is meant to be user-friendly but at the same time is very powerful and capable of taking on all kinds of equations. Create 2D and 3D graphs with ease and speed by entering in your equations. At any time you can edit your equations and then see it on the graph. There is a database with the most common equations people use, you can move and rotate items on the graph, pinch to zoom in, shake to reset the app, and you can double tap on the screen in order to change the visualization mode. The app can take on cartesian, cylindrical, polar, and spherical coordinate systems.
- Create graphs quickly and easily
- The app can take on cartesian, cylindrical, polar, and spherical coordinate systems
- The app is filled with powerful tools and functions
- Create both 2D and 3D graphs
Quick Graph app review: an in-depth math tool on your device