Instead of feeling frustrated by how much time your kids are spending playing games, why not give them a game that keeps them busy and entertained, yet also has educational value? The following list of apps features math games for a wide range of ages. Whether you have a young toddler who is just starting to learn about numbers or a student who needs a little help with homework, these can come in handy.
The best iPad apps for math games
10 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
One of the best iPad apps for math games, Monster Math helps your child practice and learn over 67 math skills in basic geometry, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, multipliers, multiples, prime numbers, fractions and decimals. Monster Math 2 is suitable for grades K - 5 with standard skill pre-sets aligned with Common Core standards. They can also be fully customized to suit your kids' abilities, and you can jump to advanced or basic skills with a simple toggle switch.
- Follow an engaging storyline as Maxx runs through multiple worlds and levels.
- Adaptive gameplay that adjusts to your child's current progress
- Get a skill-specific analysis, as well as weekly email updates
- Takes your child through 20 levels in 4 different worlds, encountering strange and funny monsters
With this math app, mathematics can be a great fun. Hooda math app has 20 cool math games, you can play with an internet connection.
Taken straight from HoodaMath.com, now available on your iPad and iPhone. Including more math games with each update. Enjoy fun math!
- Major Update after 3 Years
- Decreased File Size to Leave More Memory Space on Your Phone
- 20 New Games All Work
- Must Use Internet to Play
- More to Come in Future Updates
King of Math is a fast-paced mathematics game with lots of fun and diverse problems in different areas. Starting as a male or female farmer, you level up your character by answering math questions and improving your total score. New character design and music for each of the ten levels. Collect stars, get achievements and compare your scores against your friends and players all over the world.
- The mathematics level is about Middle School/Junior High School
- Math questions and puzzles
- The free version includes: Addition, Subtraction, Mixed 1
- 10 million downloads
Who says math can’t be fun? This app proves that math, learning and geometry can be exciting and engaging. I’m the first to say that geometry is not my favorite math subject. But, this app made it more interesting than ever before. Users can construct and explore different geometric objects, solve levels very easily and even move up to more difficult levels for the advance geometry users. There are 250 tasks to solve, Game Center integration and the app is add free. For those visual learners out there, this app is perfect for you. You will never look at geometry the same way again after using this app.
- Challenging and fun
- Learn geometry like never before
- 250 tasks to solve
- Levels get harder as you progress
- This app is ad-free
This number game will have you addicted, and it's the good type of addiction because as you play it, you will also be training your brain and sharpening your mental arithmetic skills. The app features 5 skill levels, out of which 3 are available in the free version while the Premium Version, for $1.99, gives access to the latter two. Using this app, you can figure out the time of day when you are sharpest, and also see your improvements over time. It's a good thing a game this addictive has a simple and sleek interface, because you will be spending many hours of your life looking at it!
- Addictive number game
- Access to 3 out of 5 levels in the free version
- Brain training tool to sharpen mental math skills
- Shows your stats over time as well as time of day
- Simple and sleek interface
If you are just starting to teach your child about numbers the Intro to Math, by Montessorium app can act as a useful tool. This one focuses on the numbers one through nine. Kids will be learning how to read the numbers, understand what they mean, and learn how to write them. There are a variety of activities, all of which feature guided instructions. This is a wonderful way to work on spatial, sequence, and order relationships. As well it helps kids develop their fine motor skills and problem solving skills. The keys are large and easy to tap on, again making it ideal for kids.
- An introduction to the numbers zero through nine
- Learn through guided activities and games
- Child-friendly buttons and activities
- Works on a number of skills such as fine motor and problem solving
It's time to turn math into something that feels straight out of a spy novel. The Operation Math app requires you to take on and then defeat the evil Dr. Odd. By doing this you'll be earning all kinds of awesome spy gear and tools. In this game there are 105 different missions to complete and each one offers its own skill level. There are training runs that you can take part in to help you prepare and you can win a variety of uniforms and watches to outfit your player. This app can be used for any grade of math and there are even quick reference math tables to help users out.
- Fun spy theme
- 105 missions to complete
- There is a training run to help you prepare
- Quick reference math tables
- Can be used by any grade
- Outfit your player with cool spy gear
Just because you want to help your child with their math work doesn't mean you can't do so in an engaging and fun way. The Sushi Monster app is ideal for kids ages nine through 11 and has been developed by Scholastic. This one offers 12 different sequenced levels that kids can work through. Each of the levels features four rounds and there are 14 target numbers in each round. The levels are broken down as five multiplication and seven addition levels. If you want you can replay the level and you'll be given new numbers when you do so.
- Ideal for kids ages nine through 11
- There are 12 sequenced levels
- The graphics are child-friendly and engaging
- There are four rounds in each level with 14 target numbers in each round
- Replay the level with new numbers
Here's an option for kids in Grades Three through Six that will help to perfect their math skills and understanding of the topic. The Quick Math app gives kids a chance to work on their division, multiplication, subtraction, addition, and mixed operations skills. Kids can even go so far as to practice their pre-algebra skills, which can set them up for advanced math. The way this one works is that it increases the challenge level as you play so you continue to learn. Kids can also practice their handwriting through the app.
- Ideal for Grades Three through Six
- The difficulty level increases as you play
- Kids can practice their handwriting
- Work on multiplication, subtraction, addiction, division, and mixed operation skills
- The app is user-friendly
- Kids can learn pre-algebra skills
One of the most tried and trusted ways of learning content is with the use of flash cards and if it's math skills you are trying to improve the Math Flash Cards * app can help out. This app can be used by all ages as you've got the ability to customize the numbers. You can work on both simple and complex math problems dependent on your skill level. This one is customizable in all senses even in the amount of questions you're asked. The app actually offers more than one million problems that you can work on solving. There are no game controls to worry about here; instead, users can focus on the math problems.
- The app is fully customizable
- There are no confusing game controls
- Ideal for every age group
What better way is there to learn math than through the use of fun characters, graphics, and engaging gameplay? The 10monkeys Multiplication app helps kids with their multiplication skills as they work to familiarize themselves with the multiplication tables of two through 10. The stars of this app are the monkeys that need to be set free. The only way this can happen is if you figure out your times table. The app features arcade-style gameplay and there are 10 mini-games to enjoy. The app supports Game Center and Leaderboards. The user interface is child-friendly and kids will love all the hilarious sound effects and the positive and interactive feedback they are given.
- Work on the multiplication tables from two through 10
- There are 10 mini-games
- The app supports Game Center and Leaderboards
- There is positive and interactive feedback
- Arcade-style gameplay
Encouraging your children to work on their math lessons and skills can be a tough road so why not approach it in a different way? The Math Vs Zombies app is a fun educational style game that doesn't feel at all like a lesson. Kids will be helping to rid the world of zombies and working as a scientist to do so. It's going to take problem solving skills and math skills to be victorious here. This one is ideal for kids ages five and up and offers a huge numbers of levels to work through. These levels range in difficulty and take a look at all kinds of different math problems.
- Engaging gameplay and fun graphics
- There are a huge amount of levels
- Work on all kinds of math problems
- Ideal for kids ages five and older
Math can be hard for even the most focused student so why not give kids help and encourage them to keep up with the learning process? The Math Fact Master app features two different modes: challenge mode which plays out like an exam, and flashcard mode which is a practice mode that prepares you for the exam. You'll be able to create a profile for each of your children so it can then track their progress. Speaking of progress, parents will even receive progress reports. The app takes a look at division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction. There are plenty of settings you can customize and adjust so it works well for each individual child.
- There are two different modes
- Create a profile for each child
- Receive progress reports
- Work on division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction
- Customize the settings