Whether you have a large circle of friends or just a few close ones, it’s always fun to meet new people and expand your network. Doing so can be a bit of an issue though as sometimes it’s hard to know where you can meet like-minded people. The following list of apps is dedicated to helping you meet new people both nearby and around the world giving you a chance to create some brand-new friendships.
The best iPhone apps for finding people-2021
18 Mar 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With Sensory, a perfect app for finding your friends you can locate your Facebook friends, all your Phonebook contacts and any phone number: immediately, easily, all at once. You will be able to see where they are and watch their updated stories. Sensory is smart, funny, private but also very social: you will be able to like and comment their stories and locations. You can use Find my friends app for iPhone not only as a friend’s locator app, but also as a family locator, a child tracker, or use it also to find your phone approximate location.
- All your friends’ location and their stories in one place
- Check your friends and family location with just one tap
- Privacy under control
- Set a different privacy for each friend: street, neighbor or city
This is an easy way to stay up to date on your friends and family. View where your friends are on a map, chat with them through the app, see if your friends are where they say they are, view how many people watch you, share your location with others and more. This app will allow you to express your emotions and also make plans with others. Because it’s a free app, it’s a great way to stay connected with others and make plans for your social life.
- Stay connected with others
- Make plans with friends or acquaintances
- View where your friends are on a live map
- Communicate with others through the app
- Never miss out on a social gathering
Twenty is the best way to get together with friends in real life by allowing you to see who’s around, see who’s down and hang out! See when your friends are bored, want to chill, grab food, etc. and message them to meet up. At the essence of Twenty is: Real friends. Real life.
Personalize your statuses with Genies; design your own custom avatar.
- Discover local things to do with your friends like concerts, sporting events, pop ups, etc.
- You always have full control.
- Twenty was designed to empower friends to spend more time together in person which we believe is critical to a meaningful social life.
- TechCrunch: “Twenty and Mappen merge to help users hang out in real life”
If you have a loved one who was in the region of a natural disaster, whether they lived there or were just visiting, then this app can be a huge help for you. It’s a tool to help people find their loved ones during the aftermath of a natural disaster. The app is like a message board where survivors and loved ones can post messages and details so that others can find them. Person Finder is very easy to use and quick to find those that you are searching for. It’s one of those apps that you hope to never use, but are very grateful to have it during your time of need.
- Search for loved ones in the aftermath of natural disasters
- A message board to post details
- Quickly search for loved ones
- Simple layout and very effective
- A must have app for those in need of this service
Coordinate with family and friends by downloading and using Life360. With this app, you can view the real-time locations of loved ones on a private map, get real-time alerts when your loved ones leave places, share photos and text messages, private chats, view past locations for your loved ones, protect family while they’re driving, track a lost or stolen phone and more. The driving protection feature involves the ability to learn if a loved one was in an accident. This app has multiple subscription options to access full features. Life360 Family Locator app review
- View real-time locations of your loved ones
- Get real-time alerts when loved ones travel
- View photos, text messages, chat
- Track lost or stolen phone, Drive Protection
- In-app purchases for subscriptions
This app provides an accurate GPS location tracker of your loved ones. You can view their real-time location on a private map, get automatic notifications when your loved ones arrive at a favorite location, has a panic button to use during emergency situations, free voice messages, turn iPhones into walkie talkies, view location history and more. This app has several Premium Service options and subscriptions to choose from. It’s a great way to track others and stay in constant communication.
- Accurate GPS tracker for friends and family
- Real-time locations on a map
- Notifications, Panic Button, Walkie Talkie
- View location history
- In-app purchases for Premium Services and features
Familonet is a location messenger for friends, family and other small groups. It’s an easy way to keep in touch and keep track of each other. Always stay updated on where they are through the use of this app. Set pre-defined locations that will send notifications when someone arrives there. View real-time locations, create multiple groups, check-in places and allow others to see, comes with a Panic Button for emergency situations, chat with others through the app, create a photo album of the pictures sent throughout your groups and more. There are in-app purchases for subscriptions.
- Easy to use location messenger
- Create pre-defined locations to get notified when someone arrives
- Real-time locations, Create multiple groups
- Check-in places, In-app messenger, Panic Button
- In-app purchases for subscription options
Shapr is a cool way to meet people who have similar interests and experiences. It starts by creating a profile that shares information about you and your likes or interests. Then start swiping on other people for 1 minute a day to open up your inner-circle or network. The app will learn from your swipes and start to curate better selections each day, in order for you to find like-minded people located near you. You can connect, engage, network and discover more interesting people through Shapr.
- Discover new people with similar interests and experiences
- Create a profile with bio and interests or likes
- Limited swiping on profiles per day
- App will learn from your swipes
- Great way to network with others