Do you want to be able to track your route perhaps for navigational purposes or maybe for exercise reasons? The following list of apps is dedicated to giving you a way to track your route and a whole lot more. Perhaps you’re a runner, walker, cyclist, or hiker and would like to keep track of your statistics each time you head out. Here are a number of user-friendly options.
The best iPad apps for route tracking
5 Apr 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
PlaceMaker app for iPad – Top-Rated Route Planning App.
Route tracking app for iPad is the top-rated route planner for routes with any number of stops. View stops on a map or launch your favorite navigation application. In-app purchase enables route optimization and route display.
- Quickly create lists of stops
- Launch your favorite navigation program
- Sort by distance from current location, manually sort, or optimize stop sort order with one of the premium versions
- Displays the estimated travel time and distance to each stop
- Great for delivery routes and delivery drivers
Route4Me is the undisputed leading iPhone/iPad app for logistics intense businesses. Route4Me is the undisputed leading iPhone/iPad app for logistics intense businesses. Route4Me will put your visits, pickups, deliveries, and appointments into the best sequence thereby increasing your revenue, reducing your costs, and improving your mood. Route4Me is already being used by many thousands of individual UPS, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post, Purolator, Amazon Flex, and OnTrac drivers. It is battle tested... and hardened.
- Plan unlimited routes with unlimited stops (unlimited routes per month with a subscription after you use your 10 free routes).
- You are in total control. Easily move stops around in seconds and select where you want to start and end your route.
- Once your multi-stop route is planned, one click per destination gets you voice-guided turn-by-turn directions in your favorite navigation app.
- Keep track of progress by marking locations visited and departed.
Map routes with your finger and Footpath will snap to roads and trails. Measure distances and elevations in seconds, then navigate along with turn-by-turn directions. Footpath is the ultimate companion for planning and navigating custom routes. Join a half million adventurers and plan out your perfect route. Footpath is designed to work for pretty much any activity or adventure, in any country, including hiking, running, backpacking, sailing, driving and many more. With this app you can easily:
- Quickly measure distances by tracing a map with your finger or Apple Pencil. Footpath will snap to roads and trails on the map.
- Know exactly how far and how high you'll travel with elevation profiles. Plan routes that match your goals.
- Plan out your week or trip. Keep up to 5 routes on hand for reference, or save unlimited routes with Footpath Elite.
- Send your routes to friends or workout partners to open on their device.
“World Uncovered is a simple concept with the potential to go far.” This statement is very true and you now have the potential to go far with this app. World Uncovered will track all of your adventures whether they be locally, across the nation, Internationally, in the wilderness or in the city. The goal of this app is to motivate you to get out, have fun and record where you go or visit via GPS tracking. All of your data will be displayed through four different map modes with stunning visual details. But, what makes this app stand out from the pack is that it adds gaming elements by allowing users to earn points for their journeys, compete against others, has Game Center integration, allows users to earn achievements and helps you to set goals. The app is also battery efficient so that you don’t drain your iDevice’s battery while having fun trekking all over the globe. Your recreational and vacation life will never be the same after you download this app.
- Record all of your travels and outdoor adventures via GPS tracking
- 4 map modes, Maps are visually appealing and track various items
- Score points, Earn achievements, Compete against friends
- The app will help set goals to accomplish, Battery efficient
- Unlock all features with an in-app purchase
Cyclists now have a streamlined and user-friendly option for tracking their route with the Map My Ride app. This one will track your route using GPS and is able to log more than 600 different kinds of activities so it's incredibly versatile. Your activity graph is where you can find your data and get what you need in a quick glance. All data can be synced and then shared with other apps and you can also import data. If you're looking for a little motivation why not take part in the various community challenges? The app is loaded with tools and features that can change how you go about cycling.
- The app is streamlined and user-friendly
- Track your cycling route and data
- Share data with other apps
- Import data
- It can log more than 600 different kinds of activities
Map My Ride app review
Instead of downloading a variety of health-based apps, why not get everything you need in one convenient offering? That is what the RunKeeper app attempts to offer users. This app is able to keep track of your training goals, track your weight loss, measure how far you traveled in your workout, track your pace, track your speed, figure out how many calories you've burned, and so much more. You can set up pre-planned routes which you can then follow, listen to your own music in the background, and add your indoor activities as well. While you're actually workout out you'll be given audio updates about your pace, total mileage, speed, and calorie count.
- Track a wide variety of information in one spot
- Get audio updates while working out
- Listen to your music
- Follow your pre-planned routes if you like
Garmin Takes First Step With Fitness App, Launches 'Garmin Fit'Best iPad Apps for JoggingBest Free iPhone AppsRunKeeper app review
There's no better way to stay motivated where your health and fitness is concerned than by tracking your activities and progress. The Map My Fitness app gives users the perfect way to do this. Through the app you'll be able to log more than 600 kinds of workouts. Not only can you graph all your activity, you can also track the gear that you are using, which will shed light on what works for you and what doesn’t. The app provides you with full workout stats, you can share your data, and you can import data. There is a social side to the app too where you can join community challenges.
- Map all kinds of activities
- View a graph of your activity
- Track your gear that you are using
- Join in community challenges
- Import data
Map My Fitness app review: track your fitness levels the smart way with integrated GPS functionality-2021