We all have items at home that we either can’t use anymore or just don’t want, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be of use. The following apps are meant for swapping items so that you can take those items you no longer have use for and swap them for items you do want and need. The apps connect to you an entire community of people just like you who are looking to make amazing swaps.
The best iPad apps for swapping things
24 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Here's your chance to score some fabulous finds as you swap your pre-owned clothing items in exchange for someone else's with the Vinted app. You'll be able to get rid of those items you don't want or need and find all kinds of trendy pieces that won't leave your wallet empty. The way it works is that you take photos of your pictures, give them a brief description, and then list the item. When an item is bought you can transfer the money to your bank account. At the same time you'll be able to browse through the offerings to find those amazing steals.
- Get rid of clothing items you no longer want
- Take a photo of items and give them a description
- Transfer the money made right to your bank account
- Find amazing items yourself
Vinted app review: get the best deals on the dream items for your closet-2020
Join the barter community and trade items & services, in any combination. One person's trash is another person's treasure! TradeMade offers a way for you to get value out of your stuff and your many talents, all the while saving money and reducing waste. You’ll also have fun searching, making deals, and will likely meet a few awesome people along the way!
- Get what you need quickly and easily. Trade anything you want
- Upload an item by simply snapping a photo and writing a short description
- You can filter by distance, category, Facebook Friends, and even by what others want in your local area, so this way you can get tradin' fast
- Makes it easy to trade in any combination of goods; plus, you can seamlessly accept, reject or counter trades for the perfect match
- The more you trade, the more you save! You'll be able to see your carbon savings points in real-time, and become a steward of the Earth
- To cultivate a safe trading environment, every user is nudged to review one another after a trade is made
If you're looking for a dynamic and busy marketplace then you don't even have to leave your home because you can find it all with the Mercari app. This app gives users the ability to buy and sell all kinds of items such as women's clothing, jewelry items, electronics, and much more. To get started just take a photo of your item and then describe it. Once you list it the community of more than two million people can check out. You can also search the app for deals as everything is divided into categories. You'll find both new and gently used items.
- A network of more than two million community members
- Take a photo and describe your item
- There is no cost to list items
- Search for deals on new and gently used items
Mercari app review: Buy and sell anything in seconds
While getting a great deal feels awesome, imagine finding items for free! That's what the Listia app aims to do for you. Through this app you'll be able to get all kinds of cool items for free. It's a place to discover what items people are currently giving away that are located near you. Find such things as toys, clothing, gadgets, jewelry, and so much more. This app works by giving away stuff and earning credits that you can apply towards items others are giving away. This also means that the more you declutter your space and the more you give away, the more credits you'll earn.
- Give away stuff for free that you don’t want
- Earn credits for giving away stuff
- Use the credits to get free stuff from other people
- Find all kinds of items
- To date more than 100 million items have been exchanged on the app
Get Free Stuff Shopping Listia app review: locate all the finds
Before you go and throw your unwanted items away why not hang on to them and try listing them in the OfferUp app. In just 30 seconds you'll be able to list your item, which means there's no excuse for not getting it on there. You can browse the app for items that interest you locally and there are safety and reputation features so you feel secure dealing with people. At the same time you'll be able to build your own reputation so people feel safe dealing with you. Search for items by location, category, or by image. The app is currently being used by millions of members.
- List an item in 30 seconds
- Build a reputation so people feel confident dealing with you
- View the reputation of others
- Search for items by location, category, or photo
- There are millions of members
OfferUp app review: a virtual garage sale!-2020
Just because you don't have a giant clothing budget doesn't mean you can be sporting the latest trends and fashions this season. The Poshmark app acts as a buy and sell tool for all things fashion related. You'll be able to save up to 70% off the retail ticket prices while you snap up top designer brand items. Maybe it’s not shopping you want to do, maybe you want to make a little extra cash and clear some room in your closet. If that’s the case this app acts as a great place to list your items and get them noticed quickly. You'll be able to in fact co-sign your closet.
- Save up to 70% off the retail ticket prices
- The app carries more than 5,000 top designer brands
- Co-sign your own closet and make money
- The app offers a user-friendly shopping experience
Poshmark app review