Nobody enjoys sitting in traffic. Getting lost only adds to the stress of driving. This list of apps is dedicated to providing helpful traffic information to people so that you can navigate with ease, save yourself time on the road, and save yourself money on gas. There is a wide list of features available through each of these offerings such as being able to send real-time ETA information to friends and family, getting information on points of interest, automatic rerouting, and so much more.
The best iPad apps for traffic information
28 May 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
How would you like to be part of a community that helps each other out where traffic is concerned? The Waze - GPS, Maps & Social Traffic app is just that and acts as a community-based traffic app. All the members are constantly sharing real-time information so that you can avoid accidents, construction zones, heavy traffic areas, and even save gas by saving yourself time on your commute. This one offers live routing so you can easily get from point a to point b, you can send your ETA to friends and family and even real-time updates, and as things pop up on your route it is able to offer automatic rerouting.
- Join a real-time community based traffic app
- Share information with others and read what they’re sharing
- This one offers real-time routing and rerouting
- Send your ETA to friends as well as real-time updates
The Speed Trap Plus app will transform your iPhone and iPad into the best speed trap detector. Thanks to using one of the biggest and most accurate databases in the world, you will receive Visual and Audible alerts before speed traps with enough time to slow down and avoid a ticket. Speed Trap Plus will let you see if there are dangerous spots in the road ahead of you.
- Supports Imperial and metric systems
- A voice driven navigator to help you reach your destination
- Cool Visual and Audible alerts are given before reaching speed traps and black points to give you enough time to slow down
- A Today Widget and Apple Watch integration so you do not miss anything on the road
Let the ViaMichelin - Route planner and maps app locate you and then help you plan your route so that you never have to waste time getting lost again. While this one comes in handy at home, it’s even more useful when you’re on the road and traveling. This one uses your geolocation and then provides you with an interactive map. You can also use the app to find parking lots, tourist information, gas stations, and more. Enter in the address you wish to travel to and let the app figure out the best route for you.
ViaMichelin Mobile for iPad app review
- Don’t waste time being lost
- The app uses your geolocation then plots it on an interactive map
- The map will help you find parking lots, tourist information, gas stations, and more
- Enter in your destination and let the app come up with the best route
If you're searching for an address, a restaurant, a store, or anything else there's a good chance the VZ Navigator app can help you find it and provide you with a map. No-one wants to spend time driving in circles and like most people you probably live a busy life and need to be able to get things done in a hurry. You'll be able to use the 3D navigation instructions, the turn-by-turn spoken directions, and make use of the real-time traffic updates of incidents. The app is able to provide automatic rerouting should you miss a turn so you don't have to worry about a thing.
- This app makes it possible to find what you’re looking for and provide you a map
- Save yourself time and hassle
- Get real-time traffic updates
- Make use of the turn-by-turn spoken directions
- There are 3D navigation directions
- The app offers automatic rerouting
Don't just settle for any old app when it comes to navigation and routing information, the Sygic: GPS Navigation, Offline Maps & POI, Traffic & Speed Cameras app is filled with incredible tools. Some of the stand-out features include offline TomTom maps including free updates, turn-by-turn voice guided instructions, it uses GPS rather than the Internet, there are millions of points of interests pre-installed, you are given three alternative routes, and you can mark waypoints. The app can even help you avoid police traps, speed cameras, toll roads, and it can provide you with speed warnings so you don't exceed the limit.
Sygic GPS Navigation app review
- This is a multi-functional tool filled with handy features
- Make use of the TomTom maps
- The app uses GPS instead of the Internet
- There are millions of points of interest pre-installed
- Avoid all kinds of traffic problems
For those who live in a busy city or travel to one on a regular basis you know exactly how hard it can be to find a parking spot. It's time to take this frustration away and the BestParking app can make that happen. This app helps users find parking spots that are conveniently located and cheap in 115 airports and 105 cities scattered across North America. The app is so accurate that it is willing to back up its data by giving users a $5 Starbucks eGift if there is inaccurate information given. Now if you happen to be looking for a parking spot in New York City you'll be able to take advantage of exclusive discounts through the app, prepaid reservations, and get details about the on-street rules.
- Find parking spots with ease
- Find the cheapest parking spots
- The app supports cities and airports across North America
- There are exclusive tools and features for those in New York City