Have you been looking to learn how to play the guitar but aren’t willing to shell out the big bucks for lessons? Then again maybe you already have the basics down pat and you’re just look to further your knowledge, and practice a bit more. Here’s a list of apps that can help you learn how to play the popular instrument and feature all kinds of different tools. It’s a matter of finding one that matches your learning style and your level of knowledge.
The best iPhone apps for learning guitar
2 Feb 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This guitar app is great for users of all levels. So, if you are just starting out or have been playing for years, there’s something in this app for everyone. There are over 11,000 guitar lessons, over 700 songs, core learning system for beginners, learn how to play like famous guitarists, learn top techniques, learn different music genres and so much more. This is one of the most popular guitar lesson apps on the iOS. There are in-app purchases to gain full access. Additionally, there are subscription options.
- A guitar lesson app for users of all skill levels
- Over 11,000 guitar lessons, Over 700 songs
- Learn different genres, Learn how to play like famous guitarists
- Learn top techniques, Core learning system for beginners
- In-app purchases for full access and subscriptions
Are you learning how to play the guitar or ukulele right now and are looking for a catalog of songs? The Ultimate Guitar Tabs app can provide you with a massive collection of notes, chords, and guitar scores for over 400,000 different songs. This is your chance to not only perfect your basic skills but go on to learn all your favorite songs. You can search for what you want by rating, tuning, difficulty, and type, you can access all your favorite tabs offline, and the guitar lessons are all interactive. Even if you have knowledge of how to play this one can still offer plenty to learn from.
- There are more than 400,000 different songs to learn
- Your favorites are available offline
- Search by rating, tuning, difficulty, and type
- The lessons are interactive and well-explained
Now you can look at your mobile device in a whole new light thanks to the Guitar Chords app. This app transforms your device into a six-string, 15-fret guitar where you will be able to start strumming and creating all kinds of music. Thanks to this app you'll be able to master all the chords, there are a variety of guitar sounds to pick from here, you can disable or enable the strings mode, there is chord table mapping, and it supports left- and right-handed players. This one also supports sharing on social media to Facebook.
- This app features a six-string, 15-fret guitar
- Choose from a variety of guitar sounds
- The app supports left- and right-handed players
- Share to Facebook
- Disable or enable strings mode
- The user interface is modern and easy to navigate
It's impossible to play the guitar and sound great if it's out of tune, which is where the Guitar Tuna app can come in handy. This one allows you to tune your guitar as well as bass, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, and other stringed instruments. Customers are in for professional tools as this one has been created by guitarists so they know exactly what users are looking for. This one is very easy and fast to use using your device's built-in microphone. There’s even a mini-game included so you can learn how to play the various chords.
- Use this app to tune a variety of string instruments
- The app is quick and easy to use
- There is a mini-game included to help you learn how to play
- The app uses your device’s built-in microphone
There are plenty of apps that promise to turn your device into a guitar but not all of them are realistic. The Real Guitar Free app aims to be extremely realistic by offering notes that have actually been recorded from a live guitar for that crisp, clear, and authentic sound. Just like with a real guitar you can strike, strum, and even pluck the strings and create songs of your own or play favorites. Additional features include a songbook, a database of tabs and chords, and solo mode. The user interface is modern and sleek, making for an even more enjoyable experience.
- This one is realistic-sounding
- All sounds have been recorded from a live guitar
- The user interface is sleek and modern
- There is a solo mode
- There is a database of tabs and chords
How would you like to have your very own teacher to take you through all your guitar lessons? The CoachGuitar app makes that possible by giving users lessons through tutorials, tabs, and videos. The apptakes its own unique approach to teaching the lessons as this one is very visual and uses colors to make the lessons clear. You will be learning how to play all kinds of popular songs and the emphasis is on music theory. Additional features include a step-by-step approach, the animated color-coded fretboard, HD videos, it supports right and left-handed views, there is a loop and slow motion video, and even a backing track with voice.
- This one takes a unique approach to teaching guitar
- Learn to play a variety of popular songs
- It supports right and left-handed views
- There is a backing track with voice
- Learn through HD videos
- Gives users a way to learn to play at home
- This one can be used by all levels of guitar players
- View slow motion video
- View the correct finger position with diagrams
- Tune your guitar's pitch
- This one gives users a way to learn the chords
- Make use of the search tool
- The user interface is streamlined and simple
- Learn how to play songs for free