Medical students and medical professionals need to be able to have reference guides, tools, and educational materials available to them. With that said, the idea of carrying around a heavy text book isn’t exactly ideal. The following is a list of apps that discuss the human anatomy and can act as both a learning tool and that quick reference guide you need from time to time.
The best iPhone apps for anatomy
8 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is the best 3d anatomy app for iPhone - a true and totally 3D free tool for studying human anatomy, built on an advanced interactive 3D touch interface. This anatomy learning app is completely free (NO in-app purchase)!
- You can rotate models to any angle and zoom in and out
- Easy to navigate and explore human body
- Virtual dissection: Peel layers of muscles and reveal the anatomical structures below them.
- 3D location quizzes to test your knowledge
- Switch on/off different anatomy systems
This is the best visual anatomy app for iPhone with interactive anatomy reference, muscle action movies, 3D rotational models, Gray's anatomy images add-on, Latin names, a muscle highlighting tool and full description! This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder.
- Muscle action movies
- Audio pronunciations, Latin names
- Rotational models (views from different angles)
- Tap and Pinch Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature
- Quiz mode - test yourself with an option to switch off the label of the feature point
The world’s most accurate, most advanced and best-selling 3D anatomy platform, with groundbreaking new technology, models and content. Not just an atlas, but an anatomy learning platform with unique collaboration and learning tools. Used by 250 of the world’s top universities, including 6 US Ivy League schools, and multiple medical institutions.
- Experience the BEST anatomy application available today!
- The most accurate and complete human anatomy models, over 17,000 interactive structures.
- Now includes a living, beating, dissectible human heart in full 3D.
This app is one of the best anatomy apps for the iOS and any other mobile platform. It’s comprehensive information and 3D anatomy is second to none. There are over 5,000 anatomy objects and health conditions, fluid controls for viewing and zooming, select and dissect objects, audio support, add or remove layers, quizzing, share models, sync customized models, read detailed descriptions, toggle labels on and off, take screenshots and annotate, great for students or medical personnel and more. This highly touted app has in-app purchases for various subscription options.
- Comprehensive anatomy app with interactive 3D displays
- Over 5,000 anatomy objects and health conditions
- Fluid touch controls, Add or remove layers
- Screenshots and annotate, Sync or share models
- In-app purchases for subscription options
For those in the medical field, including students, the Essential Anatomy 5 app can prove to be a very useful tool to have on hand. This one is incredibly accurate and features more than 8,200 structures for users to study and learn about. This one is known as a handy reference and medical study tool and is one of the top grossing medical apps in many countries. Users will be treated to breathtaking graphics that make it possible to view even the smallest of details. The user interface is simple and smooth so you can focus on the content.
- This is one of the most successful medical apps around the world
- The graphics are breathtaking and show the smallest of details
- The user interface is simple and streamlined
- This is a handy reference and medical study tool
- The app features more than 8,200 structures
Have you been wanting to learn about the musculo-skeletal system for your schooling, your practice, or maybe just out of interest? If so the Muscle & Bone Anatomy 3D app can give you a way to do so. Using this app you'll be able to learn all about the body in a variety of ways. There are accurate and detailed 3D models, actions, a viewer, media, and six different kinds of quizzes. This app is described as a digital learning system, which is accurate and paints a clear picture of what to expect. The interactive elements can help users to understand the content even better.
- A digital learning experience
- There are interactive elements to help users learn
- Learn through 3D models, actions, a viewer, media, and quizzes
- This can be used by students, medical professionals, and those with an interest in the human anatomy
The Physiology Animations app is a collection of high-quality animations that take users through all the complexities of the human body. These videos bring the content to life and users will get 11 animations for free. Learn about red blood cells, bone repair, types of cells, muscle tissue types, breathing, heart function, and more. Should you want to learn more you can always unlock additional content. All of the videos have voice-over text so that you get a complete learning experience. As for the user interface you’ll be able to navigate this one quickly and with ease to find what you’re looking for.
- Users get 11 animations for free and can unlock additional ones
- This is a complete learning experience
- The videos feature voice-over text
- The user interface is smooth and without confusing menus and options