Forget singing in the shower, this is 2017. Bet you didn’t know that your iPad provides a 21st century outlet for your love of music and performing. Check out our roundup of the 10 best iPad apps for folks who love to sing. Not just about Karaoke anymore, users can take legit voice lessons, or improve their musical ear. Express yourself and show talent to the world by connecting and sharing your voice or video mash-ups using social media.
The best iPad apps for singers
31 Aug 2021, by  Christine Pamintuan
The Acapella iPad app for singers is the ultimate music maker and you can collab with any musician around the world. Whether you’re a musician and you play the piano, guitar, flute, drums etc. or love to sing a cover song or simply jam and record music - you can use the Acapella singing app as a multitrack tool to create multi frame music videos.
- Record song up to 10 minutes
- Import one video (first video) to help you become the ultimate acapella maker
- Optimize your sound with EQ (music equalizer), noise gate and processor
- Collab with friends by making music together
- Add your logo as a watermark (png, jpeg)
- Built-in metronome is a must have for a music creator
SingTrue, the iPad app for learning to sing, can teach anybody to sing in perfect tune. Even if you think you're tone deaf! The SingTrue learn to sing app helps you discover your inner musicality and gain control over your voice to become a natural, confident, powerful singer. SingTrue features over 30 interactive exercises* that help you learn to sing easily, confidently and in perfect tune. By using the iPhone microphone and sophisticated signal processing, the app analyses your singing and provides personal feedback on how you can improve.
- Develops your Voice, Ears and Mind for singing
- Uses the iPhone microphone to analyse your singing and gives personal feedback
- Over 30 different exercises to explore, with more coming soon*
- Listening examples provided by professional singers
- Track your progress in detail and see your voice improving
- Share your achievements with friends on Facebook, Twitter or Email
The Perfect Pitch app is created for those who want to learn to sing. Perfect Pitch, the iPad app for singing is your Pitch Perfector! Everyone can sing better with the Learn to Sing Training Program! Perfect Pitch helps you Learn + Practice, Train +Track, Anytime + Anywhere! Perfect Pitch's Pitch Perfector™ technology detects and display your singing pitch accuracy in real-time, you can easily tune and train to improve your singing.
- Pitch Perfector™ Real-time Pitch Detection Technology
- Studio effects to enhance your singing performance
- Octave Control (Low - Normal - High)
- Sing-along songs from your iTunes music library and Apple Music
MF Voice by top voice teacher Matt Farnsworth is an all-purpose vocal app. Of course this app could be used by singers, but it is also geared for anyone who relies on their voice: think fitness class leader, auctioneer, lecturer, radio announcer. Loaded with information, the creator has included a demonstration of the hows and whys behind every exercise technique. The app will ask for individualized information about your voice background and custom design a warm-up for your specific application. Video demos are fun to watch and easy to follow. Swipe to the keyboard to practice, and find your custom info pre-programming into its settings. Matt Farnsworth Vocal Studio app review
- Designed by top voice teacher
- Exercises for anyone who relies on their voice
- Warm ups customized for users voice experience
- Video demos
- Practice keyboard programmed to individual user
This app was created by singers for singers of all levels. It simulates sitting at a piano with a vocal coach. It has a groundbreaking interface, built-in sessions from beginners to experts, complete control of real-time sessions, unlimited training variation, create custom scale patterns, listen to professional audio samples, reading and exercises for beginners, video tutorials, text help and more. The free version of this app is very helpful and useful, but there is an in-app purchase to upgrade the app and experience an even more successful vocal training app.
- Created by singers for singers
- Great for singers of all skill levels
- Control training sessions, Video Tutorials
- Text help, Reading exercises for beginners
- In-app purchase for the PRO Upgrade
Erol Singer’s Studio is dedicated to the idea that, with a little training, anyone can sing well. The two key skills, of vocal training and pitch sensitivity are broken down in this handy voice lesson app. Erol Singer’s Studio has proprietary technology that converts your pitch into visual feedback specifically for your iOS device. The 72 unique lessons include feedback so users can work notes and pitch in real time, the app will also allow you to customize your vocal range. Lessons are divided according to user experience, and each develop a different skill set. An excellent value add is ear-training functionality, complete with ability to visualize your efforts right on your screen. Erol Singer's Studio app review
- Improve vocal skills and pitch sensitivity
- Visual feedback
- 72 lessons selectable according to experience
- Ear-training functionality
- One-time purchase
Sing Sharp replaces the need for a expensive vocal instruction to help you learn to sing, or improve your voice. Using its “What You See is What You Sing” technology, users can “watch” their pitch in real-time and thereby reinforce auditory pitch awareness. Record your session and instantly play it back. Since breathing is key to singing well, the developers have included a breath filtering engine. Let friends and family know you’re thinking of them by dedicating and sharing songs. Train + Track feature keeps track of scores, statistics and progress, with at-a-glance reporting. Free singing coach, songs, voice exercises, by Sing Sharp app review
- What You See is What You Sing technology
- Record and playback
- Breath filtering
- Dedicate and share songs with friends
- Train + Train feature
Based on The Catona Voice Building System, Voice Builder goes well beyond range in increasing your vocal capacity. Voice Builder is more than a voice lesson app, it is an exercise plan for building the human voice muscle. When you follow the Catona system, designed by world famous voice coach Gary Catona, you’ll be in the company of music greats like Seal and Tony Bennett. Watch the simple video instructions and then swipe to the setup wizard to choose an appropriate session for your needs. The app features more than 20 gender-specific voice-building sessions. Graphics are pretty amazing, with an animated human face a graphic equalizer feel.
- Based on the Catona Voice Building System
- Builds human voice muscle
- Used by celebrities
- 20 voice-building sessions
- Animated human face graphic
Popular mythology suggests that Beach Boys singer/songwriter Brian Wilson went a little nutty composing the harmony to the iconic song Good Vibrations. End your harmony struggle with the Sing Harmonies app. This app is like a specialized Karaoke machine, dedicated to helping users learn how to sing harmony. The app includes three songs with the download, each with four-part harmony. Select or mute the parts you want to learn. Skip through the song with a slider bar to focus on particularly challenging sections. No musical knowledge or vocal experience is required to benefit from this app. Additional songs are available through in-app purchases for $0.99.
- Learn how to sing harmony
- Comes with three famous songs in four-part harmony
- Select or mute parts to learn
- Skip through the song quickly
- No experience or music knowledge required
Learn to sing with the VoCo app. VoCo is a vocal coaching App. It is designed for Voice Students, Performers, Vocal Coaches, Choir Directors & Music Teachers. The VoCo singing app provides industry standard exercises in the form of scales & arpeggios which when used correctly will Increase your vocal range and power and improve your tone, style, pitch and control. This will help you achieve and maintain a great voice! The tracks you will find in VoCo are exactly the same exercises which are used by the stars!
- Adjust the playback speed and pitch according to your voice type.
- Choose from 30 scales and arpeggios.
- Fine tune the starting pitch of the track.
- Determine the length of exercise by adjusting the number of repetitions for a track.
- On-screen animation to illustrate the pitch and vocal register