While your mobile device is great for communicating with loved ones, helping you to stay organized, and even keeping you entertained with games, it’s also a great way to carry around your own personal music library. Here’s a look at a variety of apps all dedicated to music and helping you to listen to it on your mobile device. Now you’ll always have your favorite songs available to you whenever you want.
The best iPad apps for listening to music
5 Jul 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The nugs.net app, the good iPad app for listening to music is the #1 place for on-demand live music streaming. Listen to over 15,000 live concerts and view over 100 HD videos of full shows, exclusively on the nugs.net streaming app. Professionally-recorded new shows are added daily. Featured artists include Dead & Company, Metallica, The Allman Brothers Band, Pearl Jam, Billy Strings and Phish. Stream concerts from 30 minutes ago or iconic gigs from 30 years ago. Choose from over 250,000 live tracks and 30,000 hours of live music.
- Unlimited on-demand streaming of over 15,000 exclusive live concerts
- Ads-Free - Listen without interruptions
- New shows added daily
- Over 100 HD videos of full shows
- Legendary archival shows from iconic artists
- Free streaming of weekly 'featured' shows
A music listening app that allows you to discover new music from all over the world as well as find your favorite performers or music. The search can be performed by artists or different styles and genres of music. This music listening app gives you instant, unlimited streaming access to your Bandcamp purchases. You can now use the Bandcamp app to stream to your Chromecast-connected TV, smart speaker, or listening device! You can support the artists you love by buying their merchandize (and wishlisting albums & tracks for purchase at a later time)
- Discover music by genres or performers
- Buy the music you love
- Download your purchases or stream your music
- Get instant, unlimited mobile access to your Bandcamp music collection
- Support artists
How would you like to tune into high-quality personalized radio stations where the only music that plays is the stuff you like? The Pandora Radio app provides users with that opportunity, giving you the chance to set up 100 different radio stations that are all personalized and are completely free with your account. This app is very easy to use; all you have to do is enter in a song you love, an artist, composer, or genre and then the app starts to find stuff that matches your likes. It’s not just music either as there is comedy programming as well. To customize the experience further you can also choose your skin.
- Set up 100 personalized radio stations
- You won’t be bothered by ads
- Listen to only the content you want to hear
- Personalize the app further by choosing your skin
- This one is user-friendly
The jetAudio app is the highest rated and most downloaded media player on CNET.COM and now you can listen to the same high-quality sound on your iOS devices using jetAudio. It plays almost any type of digital music files* you have (wav, mp3, ogg, flac, m4a, mpc, tta, wv, ape and more) and it provides a very high-quality sound with various effects and enhancements.
- Play music via Wi-Fi from shared folders on local home network (SMB 1.0)
- 10-Bands Graphic Equalizer
- X-Wide, Reverb, X-Bass Sound Effects
- AGC (automatic gain control) to avoid volume fluctuations between tracks
Spinrilla is a cool app that specializes in the hip-hop genre, bringing you thousands of mixtapes anytime, anywhere for free. This is a membership-based app, with a subscription costing just 99 cents to get rid of ads. Mixtapes can be downloaded so that you may listen to it later. Users can also view tracks that are trending on that day, that week, or all-time top music.
- Thousands of hip-hop mixtapes
- Downloadable content for offline use
- View trending tracks
- Receive recommendations
- Follow artists you love
Spend less time looking at your phone and more time immersed in the present moment as the music transitions seamlessly from song to song at your behest. This app's gesture-based interface makes it a real blessing for when you're driving, jogging, or otherwise immersed in real life and don't wish to use precise gestures. Users can listen to their own music or subscribe to Online Radio, which gives them access to thousands of radio stations for unlimited listening.
- Gesture-based interface
- Disables phone's lock feature
- Navigate music library
- Subscribe to Online Radio
- Variety of radio stations
Take your listening experience to the next level with the TIDAL app which brings its users high fidelity sound quality, HD music videos, and curated, in-depth editorials by the most authoritative music journalists. More than 40 million tracks are available in lossless audio for users to enjoy. Recommendations are provided if you are not sure what you want to listen to, and you will also be able to learn more about each song or artist if you want the backstory, articles and interviews.
- HD music videos
- High fidelity sound quality
- In-depth tutorials
- 40 million tracks
- Learn the story behind the music
There's no need to settle for traditional radio stations anymore that seem to hold you hostage to what they want to play rather than what you want to hear. The Spotify Music app provides users with a personalized way to listen to music as you're able to search for an album, artist, or track. Make your own playlists of everything you love and then you can listen to these instead. There are pre-made playlists you can check out, there are personal recommendations, and you can even use the shuffle mode to shake things up. There is a premium version of the app that gives users even more tools and features.
- Search for an artist, album, or track
- Create your own playlist
- Browse through the pre-made playlists
- Make use of the shuffle feature
- There are personal recommendations for you
If you want to take your music experience to the next level then you need to check out the SoundCloud - Music & Audio app. With this app you'll be able to discover all the latest, most popular, and trending music out there today. The app makes it possible to start collecting the tracks that you enjoy, set up your own playlist, follow the artists you love, follow friends, and even access podcasts. The search experience is simple and fast and when you're listening to your music you can pause it and skip tracks. The music streams via data or WiFi.
- The app helps you discover all kinds of new music
- Follow friends and artists through the app
- Collect tracks you love and create your own playlist
- Listen to podcasts
- The music streams via data or WiFi
No matter what your favorite genre is, artist, or track you're likely to find it in the Rhapsody- Music & Radio app. This one features millions of songs available for streaming and makes it possible for you to listen to the track you want when you want. There's no more having to wait until your radio station finally plays that great beat; instead, you'll be in control. Another great feature in this app is that it's ad-free and the audio is always high-quality. You'll be able to download as many songs and playlists as you want, share content on social media, listen to actual live FM/AM radio stations, and even create your own station filled with your favorite content.
- Provides access to millions of songs
- Stream to your mobile device
- Listen to unlimited songs and playlists
- Create your own playlists and even station
- Share content by social media
How would you like access to AM and FM radio stations, podcasts, sports feeds, news, and of course streaming music stations? The iHeartRadio app provides users with more than 20 million songs all free to stream to your device. The app will get to know what you like so it can recommend stations and you can always mark them as favorites. Because this is a commercial free experience it's ideal for work, on road trips, at the gym, and just while relaxing in the backyard. The app now supports the Apple Watch as well so you can control what you want to hear from the device.
- Enjoy a commercial-free experience
- Listen to playlists, customized stations, AM and FM stations, podcasts, sports feeds, news, and more
- Stream to your device including the Apple Watch
- Mark stations as favorites
- Get recommendations
There's no need to be upset that you missed your favorite artist in concert because the Qello Concerts app makes it possible to enjoy concerts from your mobile device instead. This app offers users a massive selection of concerts from around the world and you can watch them all on your own schedule and in the comfort of your own home. There are 30 channels in the app that feature concert videos played continuously and there are four free shows a week to enjoy. If you want even more music and features you can check out the all-access pass subscription.
- Access concerts from all your favorite artists
- Watch the concerts on demand
- There are 30 channels that feature videos which are played continuously
- There are four free shows a week
- There is an all-access pass available for an additional cost