When you think of inventory management tools you instantly think of expensive software that large companies need to invest in; however, that isn’t always the case. This list of apps gives users all kinds of ways to keep track and then manage both their work and their own home inventory. Many of these are customizable and offer a variety of handy tools that can prove to be quite useful.
The best iPhone apps for home inventory
16 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
One Kings Lane is a premiere source for products, expertise, and inspiration to help you create a home you love. It sells everything from furniture and rugs to bedding and tableware. With this home improvement app, you can shop designer, vintage, and exclusive furnishings in every style—including your own. You can also book in-person and remote appointments with the design pros at One Kings Lane Interior Design and get inspired as you browse our blog.
- Be inspired by ideas of the world class professionalism
- Discover home furnishing concepts
- Shop exclusive, vintage and top-brand products in one place
- Save items and love and easily find interior items across all your devices
Orca Scan is a barcode scanner app that was designed to make it as easy as possible to track assets and inventory using your mobile phone. It is fully configurable, simply add and remove fields to capture the data you need then export that data in a variety of formats including Microsoft Excel, JSON, XML and of course CSV.
Scan any barcode, QR code, UPC or GS1
Track asset locations with GPS fields
Share or print attendance sheet in a nicely structured spreadsheet
All the popular types of barcode is supported
Sortly is an organizing app that has many practical purposes. The app is very easy to use, highly customizable and provides flexibility in creating a home inventory. It can also be used to track your personal collections, small business inventories and for when you are moving. Organize items into folders and subfolders, add photos and videos, tags, notes, set reminders, track items lent out, add nice looking labels, backup and sync on the Cloud, auto save to Evernote, moving checklist, export options and much more. There is an in-app purchase to upgrade to the premium version. Sortly app review
- Organize your home and small business inventories
- Add photos and videos, Create folders and subfolders
- Track items lent, Set reminders, Add labels
- Sync and backup via Cloud, Moving checklist
- In-app purchase for premium version
If you have a large book collection at home, then this app is a perfect option to create a thorough, reliable inventory. Just scan the ISBN barcode with your camera and your book will come up. If it’s a rare book and doesn’t pop up, then search the database for it or manually add the details. You can use the app’s built-in cloud service, but that requires users to create an account. This app is free to use, but there are limitations. There’s an in-app purchase for the full version.
- Create a thorough home inventory of your book collection
- Add books by scanning ISBN barcode
- Add books through database, Manually add books
- Optional free CLZ account with cloud features
- Free limited version, In-app purchase for full version
This cloud-based solution provides users with an opportunity to manage their home inventory like never before. Safely store information on your home, assets and any other pertinent information. This is great for tracking items, collections and insurance purposes. Each item has options for how much data you want to add. You an even do a room-by-room inventory, add pictures, track receipts, manage contacts to insurance or utility companies and much more. This app is all about managing your home and providing you the peace of mind of having all of the information in one safe, secure place.
- Manage your home information and inventory
- Add contact info to utility or alarm companies
- Track receipts, Take pictures, Add Manuals and Warranties
- A cloud-based platform that’s safe and secure
- In-depth details on all of your assets
Here’s an app that makes tracking your home assets simple, fast and secure. It’s totally up to you as to which assets you want to track. Additionally, you can organize these assets by room or a different category based on how you want to manage them. Add all important details, include photos, add value and where they are located within the home. Another great reason to use this app is that you can easily provide an inventory of your assets to your realtor, insurance agent or any other person.
- Create a home inventory of all your assets
- Add important details to each asset
- Include photos, Location and Value
- Organize by room or a different category
- Share your home inventory with insurance agent