If you like gardening, or want to learn how to develop that green thumb, then check out our list of the best gardening apps for the iPad.
The best gardening apps for the iPad
19 Apr 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
My Garden Notebook app allows you to quickly track the development and progress of all your vegetable, herb and flower gardens. Gardens are created and tracked by year. Separate sections for Gardens, Photos, Logs and To-Do. Now with the gardening app for iPad, you can compare and learn from previous and future years. MyGarden Notebook does not come preloaded with plant data or photos. It only tracks information and photos you have added yourself.
- Track your gardens progress such as growing conditions, pests and diseases, soil amendments
- Build a plant list to track individual plant names and varieties, pests and diseases
- Graphically locate plants in your garden
- Take pictures to track your garden and plants progress
- Add Log entries to track bloom dates or harvest dates and amounts
This iPad app for gardening is the complete tool for gardeners of all abilities. With this Garden Tags app, you can get plant identification, planting inspiration, growing advice, and plant care instructions all in one app. Garden Tags lets you log and manage every plant in your garden collection so you can keep track knowing what the plant is, how it looks over the seasons and how to care for it. Plus, you can search our growing encyclopedia of 20,000+ plants to get more planting inspiration.
- Plant Identification
- Plant Advice
- Garden and Plant Inspiration
- Garden Journal and Plant Care Tasks
- GardenTags premium
The iGarden USA is the ultimate gardening application for the iPod and iPhone now even better with the ability for users to share their custom seed information with others in their same climate zone via iGarden USA CLOUD. You can add your own custom seed information with photos to the iGarden USA Cloud.
- Planting instructions specific to your climate zone
- Includes information about compatible and incompatible plants
- Integrated Wiki providing even more useful information about the vegetable, fruit, or herb
- Allows you to track when you planted and estimate the remaining time before harvest
The WaterMe app reminds you when to tend to the plants in your garden. You can add your plants and set the reminders for watering, fertilizing, etc. Get 1 notification every day reminding you which plants need care and take care of the plant in real life. Drag and drop the reminder to mark it as complete.
- Easy to see which plants need to be taken care of and when
- Customize the time notifications are sent every day
- Care for your garden with your voice using Siri Shortcuts
- Supports Split Screen and Slide Over iPad Multitasking
Create a Gardenize account and gather photos and notes about your plants in one place. Keep track of where they grow and the things you do to make them thrive. All in one place. Gardenize helps with structure and organization so that your info is easy to find and always close at hand. You also get easy access to a continuously updated news feed full of inspiration and knowledge.
- Never forget the names of your plants or how to care for them
- Total control of which plant is growing where
- Take photos at different occasions to follow plants and areas over seasons and years
- Find and follow friends and public gardens
The Gardens app Illustrated features the best gardens, plants and designers around the world, making it a must for the discerning gardener. Published 13 times a year, it offers an irresistible mix of beautiful gardens and must-have plants. With stunning photography and the world's best garden writing, it offers you information and insights you won't find elsewhere.
- Style bible for gardens designers and garden lovers
- Best gardens, plants and designers from around the world
- Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
- Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms