There are a bunch of reasons you may need a cocktail app or two. Perhaps you want to keep and manage a virtual inventory of your home bar, or maybe you want an encyclopedia of al the drinks you can mix. If you’re a newbie bartender, there are tons of how-to apps as well. Whatever the case, there’s no shortage of these apps, so here is our list of the best cocktail apps for iPhone and iPad.
The best cocktail apps for iPhone and iPad-2021
23 Feb 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
Elemental Cocktails, one of the best apps for making cocktails is designed for people that want to make great drinks and collect great recipes. Explore essential craft cocktail recipes, complete with evidence-based histories. Add your own recipes and easily share them with friends or colleagues. Get inspired to make something new based on mood and/or spirit type. Experience cocktail recipes presented in a beautiful, unique format with the elemental cocktail recipes app.
- Discover cocktails from famous bars, old and modern, in New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, London, and more.
- Get inspired to make something different, with suggestions combining base spirits and moods.
- Share recipes as beautiful recipe cards.
- Keep track of your favorite recipes and bookmark recipes you’d like to try.
- Find recipes based on name, ingredients, or source.
Cocktail Flow features beautifully presented cocktail recipes with step by step guides and is packed with features you’ll love whether you’re a novice bartender or a professional mixologist. Mark the cocktail ingredients you have at home in the cabinet page and see what drinks you can make from them. The cabinet contains a large number of spirits, liquors and mixers. Cocktail Flow app review
- Browse cocktail recipes by categories or using the advanced search function
- Mark drink recipes you like as favorites to find them easily next time
- Get detailed instructions on how to mix them
- Discover cocktails in a way you never experienced before
Highball gives you a way to collect and share your favorite cocktail recipes. The app allows you to choose which ingredients you want to include, the description, and then pick a custom drink image for each recipe. You can share it on your social networks as a “drink card” and whenever you save and import a drink recipe card image, you can edit it however you want. Store all of your recipes in this app, and import all the other recipes you have collected straight into this app. This is great for bartenders and can be useful to keep house or specialty recipes even after a menu change in the event someone wants a cocktail off the old menu.
- Collect and share your fave cocktails
- Choose the list of ingredients, a description, and photo
- Share it on your social networks
- Great for bartenders
- Free with in-app purchases
Cocktails helps you learn how to make more than 400 mixed drinks with this simple step-by-step app. The drinks are divided into 15 categories and each drink has a description of its taste, the right glass to serve it in, and its intensity. You can create a favorites list, use the Cocktail Finder to search for drinks based on the ingredients you have already at your house, and the Advanced Search allow you to search by name, ingredients, intensity, or taste. There are over 30 tabs to divide the main ingredients in your cocktails, and each step is accompanied by an icon to better help you learn how to make these cocktails.
- More than 400 cocktails to learn
- Simple app
- Cocktail Finder
- See a description of each drink’s taste, its intensity, and more
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro
Martin’s Index of Cocktails and Mixed Drinks is a reference app with more than 1500 drink recipes from some famous sources. Features include the ability to check off the ingredients you have so the app can show you what drinks you can make; ingredient definitions; the option to filter recipes using multiple criteria; the ability to track flagged and favorite recipes; and more. More drinks from after Prohibition years will be added in the next few months. This one works the same as the developer’s other apps. It’s easy to browse all, or go quickly to your favorites, flagged, recipes you can make, recipes that are missing only one or two ingredients, and more.
- A practical reference to drinks from the 1850s and onwards
- Filter recipes quickly and easily
- More than 1500 drink recipes
- Ingredient definitions
- One-time purchase
Modern Classics of the Cocktail Renaissance is an independent, critical assessment of the drinks of the modern classical age. Cocktails are put into one of four categories. Here you will see the classics, popular drinks that might become classics, drinks that are critical favorites worthy of more attention, and a collection of foundational drinks from the ‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s. You can search by base spirit, date of creation, and cocktail type; check off the ingredients you’e got and the app will show you which drinks you can make; and you get to browse 99 meticulously researched recipes.
- A critical assessment of the drinks of the modern classical age
- Search by cocktail type, base spirit, and date of creation
- 99 meticulously researched recipes
- The best of the best
- Free universal cocktail app
8,500+ Drink & Cocktail Recipes Free puts, you guessed it, over 8,500 recipes for cocktails right in your pocket. Now the next time you order your favorite drink you’ll know exactly what your bartender put into it. You can use the search bar to find a specific recipe, add drinks to your favorites list, easily browse through the drinks using the index, jump to a certain category to choose a drink, or just choose a random one to make. You can also share by email, Facebook, or Twitter. It’s fun to take a chance and roll the Random dice to have a drink chosen for you to try. With so many recipes here, it would be almost impossible to not find one for that hard-to-please person on your list.
- Over 8,500 drink and cocktail recipes
- Find a specific drink using the Search bar
- Browse the index
- Choose a random drink to make or order
- Ad-supported free cocktail app for iPhone and iPad
Lush Cocktails gives you the best recipes for the best drinks and cocktails. You’ll love this well-designed app! See the liquid slosh back and forth in the glass as you swipe between drinks; see how much ingredient is added so you can know the ratio of gin and vermouth in your martini; switch between metric and imperial units; search for drinks with one or more ingredients; and have a look through one of the app’s curated shortlists. You can go into the flavor lists to find exactly what you’re looking for based on a flavor you crave; save your favorites; sort by drink name or glass type; and use the app even when you’re offline.
- Flavor profiles to find a drink to suit your mood
- Save your favorites
- Choose imperial or metric
- Beautiful design
- One-time purchase