What do you do when you have those rare moments in your day where you’ve got some free time? Here’s a list of apps that can help you fill that free time in fun and useful ways. These apps are all about various activities that are perfect for leisure time whether it be a game, activities to do outside, finding local deals, working out, or even mastering a brand new recipe these apps have you covered.
The best leisure apps for the iPhone
13 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Looking for the most talked about TV shows and movies from around the world? They’re all on Netflix. The Netflix app for iPhone gives you access to TV shows and movies from around the world. This leisure app for iPhone offers a range of award-winning series, movies, documentaries, and stand-up specials. And with the mobile app, you get Netflix while you travel, commute, or just take a break.
- TV shows and movies all the time. Browse new titles or search for your favorites, and stream videos right on your iPhone
- The more you watch, the better Netflix gets at recommending TV shows and movies you’ll love
- Create up to five profiles for an account. Profiles give different members of your household their own personalized Netflix
- Enjoy a safe watching experience just for kids with family-friendly entertainment
- Preview quick videos of our series and movies and get notifications for new episodes and releases
With this Travel + Leisure app for iPhone, you will get the essential vacation guide! Travel smarter with tips and tricks on everything from planning to packing. Create your ultimate itinerary with the top destination, hotel, cruise line, and airport recommendations from travelers just like you! The Travel Leisure app for iPhone allows you to discover the must-see hotspots, wow-worthy accommodations, exciting attractions, and delicious eateries! Plus get easy travel tricks, top agent picks, the latest news from around the world – and so much more!
- Offline reading
- Optimized for your device
- Bookmark and share
- Text to speech
- New issue alerts
Here's a game that will have you and your friends hooked pretty much instantly. The Heads Up! app allows you to play with as many other players as you want. The way it works is that you draw a card and then hold your device up to your head and as you try to guess the word with the help of clues from your friends. Be prepared for plenty of laughs in this game. The app features 18 different themes and you can even record you and your friends playing for an extra hilarious bonus.
- The game is very easy to understand
- There are 18 different themes
- Play with as many other players as you want
- This game is sure to bring out all kinds of laughs
- You can record you and your friends playing so you can watch the replay
Trivia games are the type that can get real addictive and people seem to love this style of gameplay. The QuizUp™ app has been created for all the trivia lovers out there and gives them a chance to take part in a multi-player game. You'll be challenging members in the community to a different kind of trivia experience here. The way it works is that you can start a conversation with someone and then you will be able to pick a topic you both feel strongly about and then challenge the person in it. The two of you will then take part in a real-time quick battle. You will be working to climb the Leaderboards.
- The app supports the Leaderboards
- Take part in real-time quick battles
- Start a conversation with someone and challenge them to a trivia face-off
- The game is easy to understand and highly addictive
Here's a game that has taken the world by storm and it's the Crossy Road app. In this app you'll be looking at the age-old question of why the chicken crossed the road, as well as a number of other amusing and puzzling questions. All you have to do here is try to cross the road, which sounds easy enough but you'll soon find out it's anything but easy. There are never-ending obstacles in the way, the graphics are retro, and the game is weirdly addictive. While this is meant as a quick and casual game don’t be surprised to find yourself spending hours’ playing it and trying to master it.
- The game can be played by a wide range of ages
- This one is a quick and casual game yet it can keep you busy for hours at a time
- The game is easy to understand
- The game controls are simple and responsive
Instead of laying around on the couch during your free time how would you like to workout your brain? The Knowledge Trainer app provides users with this kind of experience through 20 different lessons that feature 200 questions to challenge you with. There are bonus questions available which will open even more doors to fun. You can save the progress for up to three players and there are 10 different categories spread out over five difficulty levels. If you were stumped by a question there is a review function so you can learn the information. Whenever you get a question wrong you will then be given an easier question.
- A work out for your brain
- There are 20 different lessons with plenty of challenging questions
- There are five difficulty levels
- There are 10 different categories
- When you answer a question wrong you are given an easier question next
Where do you go to get inspired when it comes to shopping? If you want to find the items that are unique and extraordinary then you need to check out the Fancy app. It's here you can find all kinds of cool, trendy, and unique pieces that you can collect and even buy. You can favorite any item that sticks out for you, start to create your own collection and wish list, and then share it with friends. It's not just a browsing experience though you can also buy items through the app. Check out the gift recommendation engine, the gift guides, and even send a loved one a Fancy gift card they can use.
- Browse a variety of unique and extraordinary items
- Let the app inspire you
- Favorite any item and start your own collection
- You can buy items from within the app
How many times have you attempted a craft project, a new recipe, maybe a DIY project and found yourself utterly confused and overwhelmed? The Snapguide app is a fun tool that will help you discover and learn how to do all kinds of things in your leisure time. Browse through this app and discover guides that have been put together by the community of users. You will be giving back to as you can create your own guides on things that you excel in doing/making and share it with others. The guides have been divided into a variety of categories to make the experience that much better.
- Find and explore guides on all kinds of topics
- Create your own guides about projects you’re knowledgeable in
- The app is user-friendly and modern
One of the healthiest and often most enjoyable activities to do in your leisure time is to head into the great outdoors. The Yonder app is dedicated to helping you find adventure in the outdoors and can be used by anyone who has an appreciation of nature. As the creator explains this one is meant to help you connect to places, people, and a variety of unique experiences. This one offers geo-located videos and images from all around the world and you've got the ability to search through the more than 20,000 destinations in the app and explore all kinds of activities and ideas.
- Discover all kinds of outdoor activities
- Explore the database of more than 20,000 destinations
- The app offers geo-located videos and images that have been taken from around the world
- The app is user-friendly and engaging
Have you taken up an interest in photography and you're looking for a way to help your photos pop and look professional? The Priime app features a variety of photo filters all of which are professional quality. Sometimes it can be hard to choose a filter which is why the app offers Smart style recommendations that are based on the content, color, and properties of the photo. There are a number of editing tools, there is an edit history, the visual undo feature, and you can copy and edits you've made and apply them to a variety of photos at the same time.
- Turn your hobby into something more
- Make use of a variety of professional quality photo filters
- Edit your photos with the tools provided
- The app keeps a history of your edits
What do you plan on doing with your free time? If you're in the mood to check out something local, the Scoutmob local deals & events app can help you find what's going on and point you in the direction of great deals. This one supports select cities only. However, the ones it does offer information for, you can find details on restaurants, upcoming events, promotions and deals, and other activities happening in your city. The app is described as a pocket guide to your town's/city's local businesses. Often these smaller events and deals can go by unnoticed because they may not receive much press, so this is a great way to stay up-to-date.
- The app supports select cities across the U.S.
- This one acts as a pocket guide to events and local businesses
- The app is user-friendly and quick to browse through
It's time to let your inner musician out with the Sing! Karaoke by Smule app. Whether you're enjoying a night on your own or you've got some friends over this can be the perfect way to spend your evening. The app offers users the ability to belt out their favorite tunes and make use of the sound effects that make you sound all the better. As an added bonus you can also record your entire performance. Some of the biggest hits of today are featured on the app and you'll even find group and duet songs so that your friends can join in the fun. Share your performance to the community so others can enjoy it and comment on it.
- The app offers users a chance to sing a huge variety of songs
- There are audio effects to enhance your voice
- You can record your performance
- Share your performance with the community