For those with a green thumb this list of apps has been specially created with you in mind. This is a collection of top plant apps that will help you pick out those perfect varieties for your indoor and/or outdoor garden, keep track of where you are planting them, and offer you a wide amount of information so that you can become an even better gardener. They will be your perfect gardening companion tool.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for plants
15 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Smart Plant Home app isn’t like any app on the market, it’s your complete ECOSYSTEM backed by experts and local garden centers. This is one of the best iPhone apps for plants, which has EVERYTHING you need to grow flourishing plants and find unique ones to boot. Free key features of the app:
- Searchable Problem Solver for Pest/Diseases/Weeds
- Shop your local garden centers to buy online or pickup at store
- Buy plants available nowhere else direct from Smart Plant Home
- Put all your plants into an automated care calendar to remind you what to do and when
- Need Help? Experts at your fingertips
- Scan barcodes at your local garden centers to get complete digital tags loaded
While you may not have a green thumb when it comes to your garden the Flower Garden Free app will totally change things for you. This is actually a game where you will first plant your seeds and then look after all your plants. You'll love being able to watch your plants grow and bloom and then when they reach maturity you can create stunning arrangements out of them to send to friends and family. You’ll have all the pride from having a garden without the fuss and muss that it usually entails. There are a wide variety of seeds to choose from and just like in real life some will grow faster than others. Just be sure to take a few minutes out of your day to water them and give them a little love.
- Plant the perfect virtual garden
- Choose your seeds and then care for them as they grow
- Clip your flowers to create beautiful arrangements
- Send flowers to family and friends
Are you trying to create the perfect garden but finding it hard to keep track of what you've planted from season to season? The Gardening Companion app can transform the way you go about organizing your garden and acts as a helpful assistant. Use this app to track all the progress your garden has been enjoying which also means including photos. There is a reminder tool so that you won't forget to water, weed, and fertilize, and you can browse through the gardening articles and information filled with advice and tips. Before you know it your garden will be the envy of all.
- Acts as a gardening assistant tool
- Track your garden’s progress and include photos
- Set up various reminders
- Share the progress of your garden with friends
- Browse through advice, tips, and information that will help you
For many people eating healthy and choosing organic is a big thing. What better way to go organic than to grow your own vegetables? The Vegetable Tree app has been designed for those who are currently growing their own vegetable garden and are looking for a way to stay organized and pick the right vegetables. Through the app you'll learn when you should plant each item based on the season and location, learn all kinds of advice and tricks, track the progress of your garden, and read in-depth information on various vegetables. The vegetable catalog is always expanding to keep up with the various items people are planting.
- Make use of a wide variety of gardening companion tools
- Learn about the tricks and tips of planting vegetables
- Discover the exact right time to plant and then harvest based on season and location
- The database of vegetables is always growing
- Keep track of your garden
For those new to gardening, the Amateur Gardening Magazine app is a handy publication that will help you learn all about the tips and tricks to a successful garden. This publication is a top selling one in the UK and is a weekly publication. The content is written in such a way that it is easy for beginners to understand and follow along with. Find information on vegetables, fruit, flowers, shrubs, and trees. Besides the informative articles there are also plenty of photos to enjoy. Flip through the pages just as you would the actual magazine and enjoy having it available on your device no matter where you are.
- This is a top-selling weekly publication in the UK
- Content is geared towards beginner gardeners
- The reading experience is smooth
- There are a variety of subscription packages
Is there a plant in your garden that you don't seem to remember planting and would love to identify it? The Garden Answers Plant Identification app can come in handy in this situation as well as when you're out and see a gorgeous plant you'd love to add to your garden. The app is able to identify more than 20,000 different plants and give you information about the plant. All you have to do is take a photo of the plant and then let the app do the work. Most are identified within just seconds. If you know the name of the plant you can type it in and then get the information about it. Any plant can be saved as a favorite.
- Take a photo of a plant and let the app identify it
- The app can identify more than 20,000 plants
- Read helpful information about the plants
- Type in the name of a plant if you’d rather
The iPlant with Brigitte Mars app for iPhone is a wild plant medicinal reference that delivers accurate, dependable information on North American edible, medicinal, and poisonous plants. The plant identification app is both beautiful and useful. Use this wild plant medicinal reference to begin your journey towards understanding and self-sufficiency.
- Detailed information on plant etymology, physiological effects, medicinal and edible uses
- Wild plant identification with high-resolution color photos
- Intended for educational purposes only