If you’re in the mood for a brain teaser challenge then puzzles will fit the bill. Here’s a list of apps that provide you with puzzles that vary in difficulty level, theme, and options. Now you may have the idea a puzzle with pieces in your head, which is certainly represented here, but so are other types of puzzles that will deliver just as much fun.
The best puzzle apps for iPad-2021
13 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is one of the best puzzle apps for iPhone.
Zen out & relax with puzzles that love you back! With this Falcross puzzle app, you can decode the numbers to uncover hidden pictures in this fun and challenging brain teaser. This game was made by one person. You'll be doing your part in taking on the big guys and feeding a hungry developer.
- Thousands of amazing puzzles
- Create, share & build
- Easy and comfortable controls
A brain-training puzzle in which you draw 1 line, that will sharpen your wits. In this free-to-play puzzle game, you merely have to draw one line. It is deceptively simple, yet profoundly deep. Play through the extensive stages, sharpening your wits as you have fun.
- Activate your mind
- Develop your imagination and spatial thinking
- Have fun
- Go through 15 levels, and a total of 850 stages.
With this app you will improve your cognitive & problem-solving skills with Unblock Me. The game is tiny in size but mighty in puzzles. Exercise your brain with over 18,000 puzzles. Choose from 4 challenging modes; Relax, Challenge, Multiplayer or Daily. A family-friendly game; suitable for all ages.
- Over 18,000 puzzles
- Relax Mode I Challenge Mode I Daily Puzzle Mode I Multiplayer Mode
- Puzzle Packs - Starter I Beginner I Intermediate I Advanced I Expert I Original
- Family-Friendly; Keep your Family Happy
- Easy Game Tutorials
- Daily Rewards - Free Hints!
Free Themes - Seasonal Themes I Festive ThemesBest Free iPad Games
When it comes to puzzles jigsaw style ones are typically the most challenging ones to solve. The Jigsaw Puzzles! app provides you with a variety of puzzles where you can decide how many pieces you want to play with. Choose between three different sized boards with pieces that range from 24-96 and enjoy the 10 different categories. These categories represent more than 135 images and if you'd rather you can use your own images and turn them into a puzzle. This one supports the Game Center so you can keep track of your best puzzle solving times.
- Choose from three different sized boards
- Choose your category, there are 10 in total
- There are more than 135 images to solve
- You can turn your own picture into a jigsaw puzzle
- The app supports the Game Center
If you're ready to take on a puzzle then you're ready for the Jigsaw Puzzle app. This one features more than 12,000 puzzles all of which offer high quality images. The device you play on is what will determine how many pieces you can fit on the screen, with the iPad offering you the most coming in at 400 pieces in one puzzle. You can set the difficulty level, move pieces in groups, save the puzzles you have solved, there are achievements to unlock, and you can adjust the difficulty level. This one supports the Game Center and Leaderboards. Jigsaw Puzzle for iPad app review
- There are more than 12,000 puzzles
- You can adjust the difficulty level
- The app will save the puzzles you solve
- You can move around pieces in groups
- The app supports the Game Center and the Leaderboards
Jigsaw Puzzle for iPad app review
Are you the type who appreciates a good word search now and then? The Word Search Puzzles app gives you the ability to carry around a huge selection of word searches that you can enjoy whenever you're in the mood for one. There are all kinds of themes to choose from, you can replay categories if you like so you can work at bettering your score, and you can even expand your vocabulary by learning a few new words with the "Vocab Challenge". As you complete quests you will then unlock more puzzles to enjoy. Word Search Puzzles app revie
- There are a wide variety of puzzles
- The app offers different themes to play
- As you complete quests you’ll unlock more puzzles
- The game is easy to understand and the game controls are simple
- This one can be played by all ages
Word Search Puzzles app review: become a super-sleuth 2021
A puzzle doesn't have to include pieces that you move around to form a picture out of but a puzzle does always require logic to solve it. That's the case with the Flow Free app. In this app you'll need to match up the colored pipes so they will create a flow. The key is that the pipes can't overlap or cross yet all of the same colored ones have to match up. There are 1,500 levels that are spread out over 10 different board sizes. The levels get harder as you go so expect the challenge to ramp up quickly. Flow Free App Review
- Match up the same colored pipes
- Pipes can’t overlap or cross
- There are 1,500 levels to solve
- There are 10 different board sizes
- The challenge gets harder as you go
- This one is a game of logic and strategy
Flow Free App ReviewFlow Free app review: connect the dots with added challenge 2021
Sometimes it's the seemingly simple games that end up being the most challenging of all as is the case with the Bejeweled Blitz app. This game offers up the match-three style of gameplay that people know and love. Your goal is to make as many gems as possible explode in just 60 brief seconds. The rules are simple, the game controls are basic, it’s all about quick reflexes. There are multipliers, scramblers, and detonators that can help you out, the app supports the Game Center and the Leaderboards, and each day you'll get a free Daily Spin. Bejeweled Blitz App Review
- Here you need to match up three or more items
- You have just 60 seconds to play the game
- The app supports the Game Center and the Leaderboards
- There are multipliers, scramblers, and detonators
- There is a free Daily Spin
If you're good with numbers then the ▻Sudoku app will put that skill to the test. For anyone who is new to the game and to those who are obsessed with it this app offers thousands of puzzles for you to solve. There are a couple of different levels of difficulty here and the app supports the Game Center, Leaderboards, and Achievements. What makes the app version of the game so much fun is the animations and graphics that you just can't find on the paper version of the game.
- Enjoy slick and fun graphics and animations
- There are thousands of puzzles for you to work through and solve
- The rules are easy to understand
- The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards
- Choose your difficulty level
- The app uses a smart point system
Are you a fan of the wildly popular Candy Crush Saga game but you feel like you're ready to move and get a little variety? If so it's time to check out the Candy Crush Soda Saga app. This one provides you with the same type of gameplay as you're used to but with its own unique look, items, combinations, and game modes. There are more than 250 levels so you know there is plenty to keep you busy in this match-three style of game. As mentioned there are also new game modes that provide you with new challenges and fun. The app offers Facebook Connect so you can climb Leaderboard and you can sync your game across your devices. Candy Crush Soda Saga app review
- From the makers of the Candy Crush Saga
- This one has new game modes, combinations, items, and its own look
- There are more than 250 levels to play through
- The app supports Facebook Connect
When it comes to brain teasers the 2048 app is right up there with some of the most challenging. This one is very easy to understand and pick up but you will literally spend hours upon hours trying to master it and still not be able to. The goal of the game is to swipe around the tiles on the board to get to the 2048 tile. Anytime two tiles with the same number touch each other they will merge into one tile. This one takes plenty of strategizing and thinking ahead. 2048 app review
- Move around the tiles on the board to get the 2048 tile
- When two tiles with the same number touch they will merge into one tile
- The app requires logic and strategizing
- The rules are very easy to understand
- The game board is simplistic
2048 app review: a cool puzzle app that has nothing to do with the future-2021