Our iPhones and iPads have become essential for many of our daily activities. One such example is the alarm clock. Gone are the days when you had to purchase a large, clunky alarm clock to set next to your bed. Nowadays, the iDevice has become the perfect solution to all of your alarm needs from waking up to appointments and more. Check out our list of the best alarm clock apps for your iPhone and iPad and never oversleep or miss an important event again.
The best alarm clock apps for iPhone and iPad-2021
26 Feb 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
Puzzle Alarm BIG app is one of the best alarm clocks for the iPhone. This Puzzle alarm clock for iPhone is a
powerful emoji that prevents you from sleeping twice.
Protect your customers from being late with powerful features. Three major benefits of the app:
- Up to 30 minutes of voice is effective.
- Snooze can be set up to 3 times, so you can rest assured.
- Since it is available 24 hours a day, it can be used by those who work late at night.
This music alarm clock with a sleep timer, photos, and weather is a favorite of several tech publications and was called “Best Alarm Clock” by Lifehacker. The app developers promise to turn your device into “the ultimate bedside hub” with a shake-on/shake-off flashlight, customizable photo backgrounds, weather info, a built-in sleep timer, and music alarms. When you're not using it as an alarm clock, you can stand your device up and use it as a photo frame. Choose your own wallpapers from your photo album and the app will cycle the background image set to your own customizable time frame. You can input different music alarm playlists for different days, and have your alarm fade in gently rather than suddenly blaring at you. You can also set the clock or weather info to show from different sides of your screen and at different sizes. Nightstand Central app review
- Sleep timer, flashlight, weather info, music alarms
- Completely customizable
- Program different alarm playlists
- Choose from programmed wallpapers and images or use your own
- Choose the image size and location for the clock and weather info
Wake up and go to sleep to your favorite music, never sleep through your alarm again, get your own collection of exclusive designer clocks, know weather conditions in your area, cook or work out with a multifunctional timer, and light up the darkness with a powerful built-in flashlight. Beautiful. Reliable. Versatile. Get the alarm clock that you've been looking for.
- Choose from stylish designer themes for the clock: Digital, Ultrasonic, Wordy, ThinLine
- Create your own wake-up playlist with the best music
- Shake your device or double tap on the screen to switch on the flashlight
- Check live weather conditions and temperature
Have you ever wished your phone would tell you the time, your next scheduled appointment, or the weather forecast? Look no further than TalkingAlarm. You'll be able to tap the screen at night to hear what time it is, or set the app so the screen dims while you sleep. The background alarms will still work even if you're using another app, or the app is turned off. It has a snooze function, but don't be surprised when it gives you trouble for going back to sleep! If you like going to sleep listening to music, TalkingAlarm even offers a sleep function where your music will slowly fade out at the end of the set time.
- Speaks the time, next appointment, and weather forecast
- Offers a countdown timer and announces when you have to leave
- Screen dims while you sleep
- Sleep timer function fades out music at end of set time
- Snooze function
This alarm clock app promises to make your waking up easy. Sleep Cycle alarm clock has patented technology that uses vibration and sound analysis to figure out where you are in your sleep cycle and then wakes you up in the best 30-minute window that ends at your set alarm time so you will wake up refreshed and relaxed. You'll be able to see detailed sleep graphs and statistics, and export your data to Excel to save it elsewhere. If you like the free features you can upgrade to the premium version. The app offers many features like snooze, background mode, different alarm melodies, and more. Sleep Cycle app review
- Export sleep data to Excel
- Snooze by double-tapping or shaking the phone
- Customizable wake up window
- Integrated with Apple Health
- Patented sound analysis technology
Despite the most annoying alarm tunes available on the iOS, many of us have trouble waking up. This app will wake up even the deepest of sleepers and ensure they never sleep through their alarm again thanks to its ridiculously high volume! This alarm comes packed with 10 "super-charged" alerts and an additional 20 regular alerts that you can choose from. There are more than 7 alarms that have a volume booster, and the app will keep on running even when it is closed, unlike the regular iOS app.
- Wakes up the deepest of sleepers
- 7 volume-boosted alarms
- 10 super-charged alerts and 20 regular alerts
- Set up multiple alarms
- Runs in the background and when app is closed
Alarm Clock 4 Free offers a number of premium-level features like sleep timer, battery level notification, music, weather info, music, and a clock, all for free. You can set an unlimited number of alarms and have them set to repeat daily or weekly. Set it so the alarm or music fades in, if you prefer that. You can add your own music/playlists to your alarms, or use the offered sounds. The app will automatically pull local weather information so you can see your local temps, wind information, and weather description before you even get out of bed. For more information on all the features, have a look at our review. Alarm Clock 4 Free for iPad app review
- Unlimited alarms and settings
- Weather, date, and battery level information
- Flashlight and brightness sliders
- Sleep timer
- Snooze option that allows you to set snooze function and length
Want a simple, streamlined alarm clock app for your iPhone or iPad? This one has enough features so you won't feel it lacks anything, but is simple and streamlined enough that it doesn't overwhelm you with options. It supports up to five alarms and shows the time of six different places. There are three basic clock types available (flip, digital, and analog), with options to customize each clock. The Clocks: Alarm Clock, World Clock app has snooze, touch lock, intuitive gestures, burn-in protection, flashlight, and a number of other features you expect from a good alarm clock app. The Clocks app review
- Three types of clocks
- iPod music alarm
- Supports up to five alarms
- Show times of six places
- Flashlight, touch lock, snooze functions
The creators of Relax Melodies bring you Alarm Clock Sleep Sound designed to offer a better sleep experience. This app has been designed to not only help you fall asleep faster and wake up refreshed, but to use for quick naps and while meditating. It offers multiple alarms and timers, guided meditations, sleep programs, wake-up programs, and three different brainwave types from which to choose. You can easily adjust the screen brightness and will enjoy the high-quality graphics and sounds you can pick from to customize the experience. There are several different sleep programs including simple relaxation, quick meditation, deep relaxation, direct sleep, and lucid dreams. Some of the wake-up programs include awareness, energized mind, morning relaxation, and confident day. Alarm Clock Sleep Sounds Pro app review
- High-quality sounds and graphics
- Sleep programs
- Wake-up programs
- Ambient sounds
- Multiple alarms and timers
SpeakToSnooze is a great alarm clock app with voice controls that allow you to turn your alarm off or to turn on the snooze function. If you're looking for an alarm clock app that you don't have to touch to control your alarm, then look no further. You can use voice controls to set an alarm, hear the time, turn o the flashlight, or set a “I have to get up by” time (this function stops you from being able to snooze after that point). There is also a selection of fun voices that will get you up and moving for the day. The clock design is also fully customizable.
- You never have to touch your phone or even open your eyes to control the app
- Use voice controls to set an alarm, hear the time, turn on the flashlight function, or set a “I have to get up by” time
- Fun voices wake you up
- Customizable alarm clock design
- Won't let you snooze past your “get up by” time
Tired of waking up tired? Good Mornings was designed to help you discover the best time for you to wake up. The app tracks what sleep phase you are in and wakes you during a light sleep period. It uses the accelerometer in your iPhone or iPad to keep track of your movements, and then wakes you (with your own music or offered alarm tunes) during the 30-minutes before you have to get up, when you are in the lightest phase of sleep. You'll wake up alert and refreshed, not tired and dragging. After that, the app will show you the statistics from the sleep you just had and pulls together weekly stats for you to track your sleep debt, quality, and hours slept in order to improve your sleep habits.
- Uses accelerometer to track movement and sleep level
- Wakes you gently during lightest sleep period
- Provides you with statistics from last night's sleep
- Pulls together weekly stats so you can track sleep debt, sleep quality, and hours slept
- Use your own music or proffered alarm tunes