If you play an instrument for fun or happen to be a professional looking to lighten your gig bag, then check out our list of the best instrument tuning apps for your iPad.
The best instrument tuning apps for iPad
18 Apr 2021, by  Christine Pamintuan
This application is a musical instrument tuner designed for iPad user.
PST, a General Purpose Chromatic Musical Instrument Tuner App is a precision strobe tuner with special Temperament and Piano Tuning Functions. The PST combines a radial Spectrum Display with a classic Strobe Tuner and Note Dial for an ultimate visualization of pitch and tone. The Strobe Display is highly sensitive with response speed that is practically instantaneous and has long been the preferred tool for piano tuners and instrument technicians.
- Shows the input spectrum wrapped around the Display, with each Octave drawn in a separate color
- The Note Dial is marked like a clock with the twelve notes of the Scale
- All overtones of the input are shown as peaks in the Spectrum Display
- The Fundamental Indicator Tic on the Spectrum Display shows the Note of the Fundamental along the Note Dial
- Fine tuning is accomplished by adjusting to stop rotation
The Reyburn CyberTuner app, the pro piano technician’s gold standard tuning software tool for over 22 years. Over three years in development for iOS including a year of intensive testing by master piano technicians around the world. This is a professional piano technicians’ tuning tool and is priced accordingly. There is no Mature/Suggestive content, or any objectionable content of any kind.
- Concert Tune mode combines the best of Fine Tune and Smart Tune but customized for 7 foot (210cm) and 9 foot (275cm) concert instruments
- Aural Tutor expert system analyzes your aural tuning and suggests intervals and check notes for improving your aural skills
- Extraordinarily accurate and fast pitch correction with iRCT’s Smart Tune and Pitch Raise modes
- Faster and higher resolution spinner than ever before gives you unsurpassed stability and unisons
Tune your guitar, bass or other instruments with the n-Track Tuner app. Use this tuner in an easy, intuitive and free way with the integrated microphone of your smartphone. Downloaded over 5 million times. Just put your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad next to your instrument and play each string.
High precision and sensitivity thanks to the advanced audio recognition algorithm also used for n-Track Studio 8.
- Adjust tuning sensitivity and precision up to 0.1 cents
- Western and latin note namings, alternate temperaments
- Calibrate the tuner for non-standard tunings
- Adjust the spectrum analyzer visualization options
Here's a free, award-winning app to add to your musical set of tools.
Free Music Score Viewer "piaScore" app review
- Convenient scoring functions
- High visibility
- Change resources simply by shaking the device
- Useful music tools
- Smart browsing
This app is for professional piano technicians, and produces customized tuning for any piano.
- Made for pro piano tuners
- Can be used for any kind of piano
- Highly accurate
- Adjusts pitches
- Note-switching features
Here's a free tuner app that works on a variety of string instruments.
- Programmed by practicing guitarists
- Includes alternate tuning sets
- Built-in mic
- Full auto mode
- Intuitive interface
This app will show just how out-of-tune your note is, down to a single cent, or one-hundredth of a semitone.
- Easy to use for beginners
- Extremely accurate
- Standard and special tunings
- Accurate notes
- Auto-detects strings
This app, which costs just 99 cents, will turn your iPad into a classical tuning fork!
- Beautiful designs
- Free frequencies
- Very ideal for headphone usage
- Fade-in and –out functions
- 24/7 support
This powerful and handy app will help you tune your instrument even in busy, noisy environments, so you can tune up no matter where you are.
- No need to have a quiet environment to use it
- 12 simultaneous strobe tuners
- Stunning visual interface
- Great alternative for the first app
- Also very accurate when it comes to pitching