If you’re interested in health and fitness, you’re going to love this list. Nowadays we have apps for taking our heart rate, tracking our macros, mapping our runs, telling us all about health and wellness, and keeping track of how many steps we take. Here, we look at the best healthcare apps for iPhone. Which ones do you want to try next?
The best health apps for iPhone-2021
13 Feb 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is one of the best health apps.
Get UnitedHealthcare and OptumRx® info on the go with UnitedHealthcare Health4Me® — a mobile application designed to help you save time managing your health care. Whether you want to locate physicians near you or manage your prescriptions, Health4Me is your go-to resource for everything related to your health. Health4Me, the app designed for iPhone
- Register for myuhc.com® to enable both mobile and online services.
- Search for physicians, pharmacies or facilities by location or specialty.
- Locate Urgent Care facilities and ERs nearest to your location.
- Estimate your health care and drug costs.
- View and share your member health plan ID card and do much more with Health4Me
HealthLynked has developed its own Corona Virus app that allows users to self-report symptoms if they test positive for the virus, and alert contacts so that they can seek medical care to prevent spread. confirmed Infections are shown in RED, deaths are shown in BLACK. Users can self-report and are divided into three categories:
- Frequent updates to the data
- Users can update their Information as symptoms change and these changes are reflected on the Map
- The tracker shows all the latest news about the virus from all over the world to keep users updated.
- Real-time chat for the app`s users.
The Phable app is the best health tracker to connect with your doctor, order medicines, syncs with all your health devices such as fitness trackers, health check devices, and much more to track your vitals. Phable helps patients suffering from chronic ailments such as diabetes, anxiety, depression, hypertension, hypotension, among others at every step of their treatment journey.
- Improve adherence through timely alerts on medications, clinic visits & lab tests
- Receive personalized guidance on diet, alternate remedies & exercise
- Show your health data from the Health app
- Order medicines to your doorstep at a discounted price
HealthTap gives you personalized medical information and guidance. Get unlimited 24/7 access to HealthTap’s U.S.-based doctors with a response time less than 1 minute. This top rated app helps with getting prescriptions, lab tests and referrals to specialists. We like that it is frequently updated which tells us they care about quality. HealthTap for iPad app review
- Assess and triage symptoms with their AI
- Submit written questions and get answers within 24 hours
- Search their library of medical questionsAccess care guidelines for any cases
- Access care guidelines for any cases
The WebMD app for iPhone gives user interactive tools, physician-reviewed health content, and healthy living information. It offers both utility and content derived from over five years of user feedback. Thea pp features Healthy Target, a health improvement program that takes your health data from your wireless scale, activity tracker, blood pressure monitor, and/or glucometer and keeps it all in one place. You’ll get WebMD content and insights to help you make and sustain healthy habits. You also get Symptom Checker, first aid essentials, current info on medicine, and local health listings. This really is a well-rounded health app.
- Symptoms Checker
- Medication reminders
- Healthy Living
- Free health app for iPhone
Cardiio (yes, it has two “i”s) measures your heart rate and helps you learn how those numbers relate to your health, how to use those numbers to perform the most effective workouts for certain goals, and helps you to track your progress. This is a cool app because you can measure your HR the usual way, with your finger on the camera and flash, or you can hold your iPhone in front of you and it measures the amount of blood at the surface of the skin of your face, and tells you your heart rate based on that information. You can then calculate your endurance score, see how your HR measures against famous athletes and people from other countries, and more. Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor app review
- New way to measure your heart rate
- Get a fitness level rating
- See how your HR compares to famous athletes
- Figure out how many calories you’ve burned (Pro feature)
- Free with in-app purchases to upgrade
Do you drink enough water? Waterlogged is an app that is here to keep track of how much water you drink and to remind you to drink more when you’re not drinking enough. This one ties in to Apple Health, Fitbit, and other apps that are compatible so you don’t have to log it more than once. You don’t even have to input how much you’ve drank; all you have to do is use photos of your favorite containers. You don’t have to stick to units of measurement, either: if one glass is 8oz, your bottle is 900mL, and your jug is 1.5L, that’s totally fine. Waterlogged app review
- Keep track of the water you drink
- Link to Fitbit, Apple Health, MFP, and more (Premium feature)
- Get reminders when you’re behind on your water intake (Premium feature)
- Mix units of measurement as much as you want
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
Get free health advice each day and start living that healthy lifestyle you have always wanted. Schedule a daily alarm to check the tip, works online or offline, all tips are provided by a credentialed medical professional, tips range from basic to complex, and the tips are meant for educational purposes and not as medical advice. Get the first 30 days of tips for free. After that, you will have to make an in-app purchase for the remaining tips. There are over 500 tips in total.
- Get daily health tips
- Over 500 health tips available
- First 30 tips are free, Set daily alarm
- Tips are for educational purposes only
- In-app purchase for additional tips
Pacer is an app meant to track your steps all day long, record your active time, keeps track of your distance, and calculates calories burned. You can carry your iPhone in your pocket, purse, bag, or wear it on your belt, and it will work the same. It also uses GPS to track your outdoor activities on a map. You don’t need any equipment. Just download the app, choose your avatar, and start. You don’t even need to register or log in. You can create walking groups with your family and friends, connect with friends who also have the app, and more. It syncs your calories and steps with MyFitnessPal, sends data to Apple Health, and supports Apple Watch. There are so many features here, it’s hard to mention them all in a short little synopsis, so check it out.
- Lose weight and get in shape
- Track all of your activity
- Syncs with Apple Health and MyFitnessPal
- Get started for free
- In-app subscription for premium features
MyFitnessPal is one of the best, easiest, faster calorie counter apps available for the iPhone. You get a ton of features for free, and it syncs with pretty much any other amazing fitness app you can think of, like Fitbit, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, and more than 50 others. There’s a recipe importer, a huge database of food, and even a built-in step tracker for those people who don’t have a separate activity tracker device. It tracks your water intake, food, cardio, strength training exercises, and weight. It’s really a social media platform, too, in that you can post status updates, send people messages, add friends, and join groups. There’s also a MFP forum.If you want the premium features they are available via a monthly or yearly subscription.
- Get support from friends
- Receive personalized goals
- View charts of your progress
- Easily and quickly track water, exercise, weight, and food
- Free with in-app subscription for premium features
Pacifica is an app to help you deal with depression, anxiety, and stress by giving you tools based on relaxation, health, mindfulness, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The app is meant to help you break the cycle of thoughts that cause those feelings using tools that address stress, anxiety, and depression. It will randomly ask you how you’re feeling, and you will have to reflect on that and choose your mood. This is a great tool. Features include a daily mood tracker, mindfulness and relaxation audio tools, thought analysis, daily challenges, a daily health tracker, and private groups. The app itself is free but full access requires a subscription.
- Deal holistically with depression, stress, and anxiety
- Daily mood tracker
- Private groups and public communities
- Daily health tracker
- Free with in-app subscription for full access
ShopWell aims to be your very own pocket personal nutritionist. It’s meant o help you shop smarter when you’re at the grocery store. You can use it to manage your weight, avoid allergies, and manage health conditions like high blood pressure, gluten intolerance, and diabetes. Just download the app, enter in any requirements, avoidances, and allergies for each person, and the app will create customized Nutrition Labels. If you connect Apple Health it will make sure your activity and stats are up-to-date as well. The Basket Score will tell you how a certain food ranks for your needs, and will make alternative suggestions that are available at your local store. You get an interactive chart, you can sync your loyalty cards from different stores, and get healthier!
- Personalize your grocery shopping experience for your needs
- Avoid ingredients you don’t want
- Learn about new foods
- Manage health concerns
- Free health app for iPhone