When it comes to playing the piano you can be the most skilled pianist out there and still not sound great if your piano isn’t properly tuned. Not to worry, we’ve got just the solution by taking a look at the best piano tuner apps for the iPad. Here you’ll find all the top offerings that don’t just help you with tuning the piano but other functions as well. So, start ensuring that your piano is properly tuned and make some wonderful music.
The Best Piano Tuner Apps for iPad
6 Jun 2021, by  Rick Rockwell
Just because you want to be able to tune your piano doesn't mean you're willing to shell out the big bucks. The inTuner Free app works as a great free piano tuning app. This is a chromatic tuner app that doesn't just help with your piano but with a variety of instruments. The app uses a Digital Signal Processing algorithm that is highly advanced to ensure accurate tuning. Despite the advanced technology, the app itself manages to remain user-friendly, quick, and simple to use. Features include being able to use the fine tuning, strobe, FFT tuning, and history mode. There is also a real-time spectrogram mode that you can take advantage of.
- The app has a variety of tuning modes to take advantage of
- It is a full chromatic tuner
- You can use the app with various instruments
- This is a free piano tuning app
- The app uses advanced technology for accurate tuning
This app is a one-touch resource for musicians. It has many features including a tuner with 2 modes, Customizable A4 frequency, a real metronome, record your music, large start button, supports all major instruments, scales practice, has a BPM detector, precise beats per minute, practice tracker, tuning fork and more. It’s easy to start and stop the various functions, to turn on tuner, can select rhythm pattern, conserve your iDevice’s battery and more. This app provides a great balance between function and ease of use.
- One-touch resource for musicians
- Loaded with many features and functions
- Easy to Start and Stop various features
- Supports major musical instruments
- Supports all kinds of transposed instruments
Here's another free piano tuner app that could completely transform the way your piano sounds. The Free Chromatic Tuner app is ideal for anyone that needs help with pitch. This one is highly sensitive so that you can enjoy accurate tuning, it's also quick and easy to use. Even if you’ve never used a tuner before, this one is simple to master. This chromatic tuner also works on piccolos, trumpets, upright basses, and guitars so it's versatile. There are customization features available that help to make it more accurate when it comes to the tuning process.
- This is a free piano tuner app
- The app can be customized to ensure tuning is accurate
- Use this app with a variety of instruments not just the piano
- The app is very sensitive, which is important when tuning
- The app is user-friendly
For just a small download fee you can really up the game as far as piano tuning goes and get the Pano Tuner - Chromatic Tuner app. This one is highly sensitive, so that you know you're getting accurate tuning. At the same time the tuning process is simple and very quick, allowing you to get on with the music you are trying to create and play. The app works by tuning based on pitch's offset. The app is able to support a wide range of pitches, so not to worry where that is concerned. As well there are customization options.
- This app is very sensitive for accurate tuning
- The tuning process is very quick using this app
- The app works using the pitch’s offset
- There are customization options
- The price is reasonable
If you're looking for a more advanced piano tuning app then it may be time to look into something like the iStroboSoft offering. This one claims to offer "unmatched accuracy" using the mechanical strobe tuner. Just plug this one in and you'll be able to get to work tuning your instrument. The list of features and tools is massive in this app, so to name just a few you can make use of the guide tuning mode for help along the way, there is an assisted low note detection which can pick up frequencies that are very low, there is a calibration mode, you can change up the colors of the strobe, and plenty more.
- The app features a variety of advanced functions and tools
- The app boasts “unmatched accuracy” when it comes to tuning
- There is a guided tuning mode
- It can pick up low frequency sounds
- You can change the colors of the strobe
The TuneLab Piano Tuner app is a professional tool that produces a custom piano tuning for any piano. This piano tuner app for iPad is part of the popular TuneLab line of piano tuning programs for smartphones, tablet computers, and laptops which piano technicians have been using since 2001. TuneLab lets you customize a tuning by sampling the inharmonicity for a few notes of the particular piano. You can choose the kind of tuning stretch you want, based on octaves, 12ths, double-octaves, or other intervals.
- Capable of an accuracy to 0.02 cents.
- Measures and uses inharmonicity of the piano to construct a custom tuning.
- Provides an over-pull mode for more accurate pitch-raises.
- Can store hundreds of tuning files for individual pianos.
- Tuning files can be stored locally and in the Cloud on Dropbox.
- Provides many historical temperaments for period music.
If you're looking for the ultimate piano tuning app then you need to check out the CyberTuner app. This one again is meant for professionals and its software has been used for more than 19 years in the industry now. The app itself took just over three years to develop and incorporate the software into. Where this one really stands out is in its ease-of-use. If you want a professional tuning app but don't want to spend hours learning how to use it, this is the way to go. Check out the new aural tutor system to help you develop your aural skills.
- This is a professional tuning tool
- It makes use of software that has been around for 19 years now
- The ease-of-use is evident right away
- Use the new aural tutor system to develop and enhance your aural skills
- It’s hard for others to stand up to this one as far as professional tools go
If you are a professional piano technician who is on the lookout for the perfect tuning app, then check out the Verituner app. This one features the Verituner line of products that professionals are very familiar with. Not only does this app offer extreme accuracy, but it is also very quick to use. It features less steps than many other tuners, which means you can get the job done faster. Features include being able to get accurate pitch raises, tune to alternate pitches, save tunings you have done, and much more.
- This is meant for professional piano technicians
- The Verituner product line is well known in the industry
- The app uses very few steps to tune the piano
- You can save your tunings
- You can get accurate pitch raises
If you're in a hurry but want to know you've tuned your piano or other instruments accurately, then the insTuner app is a good option for you. This one offers a tone generator which mimics a pitch pipe. This generator has four wave forms and uses these to tune your piano. There are a number of modes to use such as the strobe tuning, instant tuning, fine tuning, and FFT tuning modes. You can make use of the 30 historical temperaments or customize your own if you like, customize the input channels, there is needle damping, and more.
- Get fast and accurate tuning
- Works with pianos and other instruments
- There are a variety of modes to use
- Customize the input channels
- Customize the temperaments