Being in charge of a startup can be crazy and very expensive, but apps available today can save entrepreneurs both money and time. Among the huge number of time management apps, accounting apps, tips and tricks apps, budgeting apps, and networking apps, you’re sure to find something to help. Have a look at our list of the best iPhone apps for startups today.
The best iPhone apps for startups
9 May 2020, by Rebecca MacLary
If you just launched and want to grow, raise money and hire a team the Playbook: Build a Startup app is for you. Learn in over 100+ video courses from Founders & Industry Experts from companies like Uber, PayPal, Spotify, Twitter, Google, Amazon, Soundcloud, Tidal & many more how to build better products and companies. Playbook lets you learn when you want, where you want and the way you want.
- Get access to mobile Optimized Micro-Learning Courses to help you learn faster and retain more knowledge
- The classes are 2-3 minutes long and a course can be finished in 10-15 minutes
- Learn about Product Strategy, Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Performance Marketing, Hiring, Fundraising and many more
- Track your learning progress
The Shapr app selects for you, each day, people to connect with. This app is ideal for entrepreneurs seeking cofounders and ideas, professionals exploring career changes or job opportunities, building contacts within their industry, people new to a city seeking friends, and anyone who wants to break up their day by chatting with like-minded and inspiring people.
- Create your account with your status, place of work and professional goals
- Select the career fields you’re most interested in (communication, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, etc)
- When you are interested in the profile, just swipe and start talking with inspiring people
- Meet-ups are business connections, career opportunities and path
If you are new to entrepreneurship the Business Plan for Startups app is especially helpful. This business plan app can both educate you to be an entrepreneur and help you write a business plan. You can write your business plan directly on your device while commuting. Or you can download business plan templates and email them to your computer and work from home.
- 100 of the best business plan and startup articles
- 9 main issues you must overcome to run a successful business
- A business plan examples for different types of startups
- Written in plain understandable language
Foundr Magazine is leading a movement that reveals exactly what it takes to become a success in business, entrepreneurship, and life. This is the first magazine that delves deep into the world of the entrepreneur, and uncovers what it takes for young, aspiring business people to take their ideas to the next level. It deconstructs exactly how the world’s greatest businessmen and women achieved their goals.
- Exclusive interviews with proven entrepreneurs with action plans and blueprints so you can learn from each interview
- Everything you ever needed to know about increasing your income and building long-term wealth
- Tips to help improve all aspects of your life
- Perfect way to help you achieve incredible success, and build your dream life
Need help writing a business plan, or want to start up your business? Business Plan & Start Your Business is on the job! It has three valuable functions: to teach you how to think about each section of your business plan, gives you the tools and a template to help you create your plan, and gives you access to more help if you need it. You can create your plan alone or with partners, go through the offered tutorials for each section of your business plan, get a timeline that goes from the beginning of planning to actually starting your business, and more. You can download your completed business plan to email for free.
- For all kinds of businesses
- Get business planning help
- Maintain a to-do list
- Get step-by-step help
- Free iPhone app for startups
Start-up Budget will show you how much you will have to sell in order survive on that alone, and helps you to understand exactly what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Do you have what it takes to be successful? You’ll learn things like how many apps you’ll have to sell, how many items you will need to sell in your web shop, how many hours you need to sell as a consultant, how many articles you will have to write, or how many cookies you will need to bake. Basically, it will tell you exactly how much work you will need to do in order to make a decent living, and from there, help you decide if you should start your business or continue with your day job.
- Find out if you can survive on your business
- Discover how much you will have to sell/make/create
- Learn what it will take to be a successful entrepreneur
- Decide if you should quit your day job
- Free iPhone app for startups
This one offers you actionable business suggestions, ideas, and tips, and expert hep. Small Business & Startup Ideas gives you the ability to ask questions and get expert advice covering different issues you may run into during startup; tools to help you plan; and tutorials and articles covering different business idea topics. It’s filled with tutorials covering topics like common business idea mistakes, how to tell if an idea is good, how to get ideas, the evolution of a startup idea, and more. All of your business ideas are kept private and only the staff who help you (if you want it) see your business ideas.
- Ask questions and get advice from experts
- Get the tools you need to plan your business
- Create to-do lists to stay on track
- Tutorials and articles
- One-time purchase
Startup News is a free app that provides you with all the latest information on the startup scene from M&As to cool innovations. It pulls relevant news from different news blogs and sites and puts them in one place for you to enjoy at your leisure. You get push notifications for the topics/funds/startups you want, your own news feed, an in-app commenting system, social news, a read later feature, and launches, interviews, and videos. Just for iPhone users, you get collapsed mode that makes it easier to read on the smaller screen and block source to weed out unwanted sources.
- News summary with stories from all sources
- Save stories to read later
- Your own news feed
- Videos and interviews
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads
InvoiceASAP is a mobile invoicing and estimates app that works with Square, PayPal, Xero, and QuickBooks. Features include the ability to attach voice memos and photos to invoices, signature capture with secure cloud storage, accounting sync, mobile printing, and more. You can handle multiple currencies, add your logo, and manage multiple teams and users in the field. The app is easy to use yet powerful and feature-rich to cover all your needs. Your data is always kept safe and secure, backed up and kept away from prying eyes. You can create five invoices or estimates each month for free; after that, you can upgrade to your choice of subscription.
- Powerful customer management and reporting
- Accept mobile payments
- Signature capture
- Syncs with different accounting programs
- Free with in-app subscription
FreshBooks is another invoicing and estimates app but you can also use it to capture expenses and track your time. This is a user-friendly, easy-to-use invoicing and accounting app you’re going to actually enjoy using. Use it to send invoices and estimates and get paid online; track your billable time; automatically import expenses; see your hours in a calendar view; and capture photos of your expense receipts. Your account is accessible everywhere and it’s easy to collaborate with others. Data is always kept safe and secure. You will need a FreshBooks account; sign up for a free 30-day unlimited trial. After that, if you want more than one active client, you will need to upgrade to a paid subscription.
- Invoice clients
- Manage expenses
- Track billable time
- Send estimates
- Free with in-app subscription options