Are you the one who manages all of the finances at home? Do you have a job that requires you to keep track of the books or provide accounting services for others? If you answered yes to either, or are just looking to get on top of your finances, then check out our list of the best accounting and bookkeeping apps for the iPhone. This list is filled with apps that provide a wide range of functions from advanced business purposes to small at-home money management.
The best accounting and bookkeeping apps for iPhone
7 Jan 2017, by Rick Rockwell
If you are a beginner at doing your own accounting then here’s a simple and quick app that will surely get the job done. Quickly select a category and enter the details. You don’t even need to register to start using this app. Other features include exporting to Excel, check the Overview tab for expenses, sync via Cloud, manage multiple accounts, set recurring entries and more. This app has in-app purchases for the unlimited entries version and for a monthly Cloud subscription.
- A quick and simple accounting app for beginners
- No need to register, Start using immediately
- Export to Excel, View Overview, Sync via the Cloud
- Set recurring entries, Manage multiple accounts
- In-app purchases for monthly Cloud subscription and Unlimited entries
This app has earned praises for being one of the most efficient and effective apps within this category. Users can quickly enter and track charges, manage timesheets, document services provided, products sold, add photos or PDF of receipts, print or email client invoices, track accounts receivable, email payment receipts, track projects, a variety of different reports and more. The app is ideal for independent contractors and small businesses. It does have two in-app purchases for a monthly or annual Premium membership. However, the developers offer a free 90 day trial for this premium upgrade.
- A great accounting app for small businesses and independent contractors
- Enter and track charges, Document services provided
- Document products sold, Add photos and PDF receipts
- Tracks accounts receivable or projects
- Premium version free trial, Paid upgrades to premium version
myAccountant is fast and simple accounting app that provides users with flexibility when doing their accounting. This app can be used for personal or business purposes. Some of the features include: complete billing, detailed accounts, day-to-day income and expenses, numerous customizable settings, data backup and export, stock trading records, Chines and English languages, use photos, supports credit card usage and more. There are numerous in-app purchases for features or the full version.
- Fast, simple and flexible accounting app
- Can be used for personal or business purposes
- Detailed accounts, Daily income and expenses
- Customizable settings, Stock records, Backup and Export
- In-app purchases for full version or some features
iAccountant helps users to become their own accountants and manage their money like never before. It’s great for both personal finances and managing a small business. Track all expense, use pre-defined categories that will aid in your taxes, organize expenses, setup recurring transactions, schedule transactions, account transfers, snapshots of receipts, email expenses, create PDF reports and more. There’s an in-app purchase to upgrade to the full version of this app.
- Become your own accountant with this app
- Can be used for personal or small businesses
- Setup recurring transactions, Schedule transactions
- Create PDF reports, Track and organize expenses
- In-app purchase for full version
This app is all about creating and managing your invoices for customers and clients. All of this can be done quickly and easily while on the go. Send your invoices as PDFs, manage all of your invoices, manage your customers, manage and inventory your products, use your logo on the invoices, get full access to the web version of Debitoor and more. This is a handy little tool for those of you looking to quickly and efficiently create professional invoices.
- Create and manage invoices
- Send invoices as PDF files
- Manage your customers and their information
- Manage products and inventory
- Use your own business logos on invoices
IQBoxy makes managing your expenses and effortless process. It has fast OCR technology to digitize your documents in real-time. This drastically cuts down on time on bookkeeping. The developers claim that this will be a pleasant financial experience for users, and so far, the ratings seem to agree. Make sure your iDevice’s camera is working properly. View your expense for this week, last week, today and yesterday. Also view these expenses on a graph. Users can sync this information across other iDevices via the Cloud.
- An effortless and quick bookkeeping app
- Take pictures of your papers or receipts
- Requires a working camera on your iDevice
- View expenses by time period and on graph
- Sync to other iDevices via the Cloud
Breezewroks CRM makes your bookkeeping, team scheduling, communication and billing a “breeze.” Now, users can perform all of these tasks in once place, quickly and efficiently. Log job details, add notes and photos, share job history with team, schedule and dispatch team members, set automatic notifications for customers, accept credit cards, bill customers, send an invoice, integrate with other tools like QuickBooks and more. There’s a free trial of this app, so that users can take a test spin. After the trial ends, there will be a fee of $19.99 per month.
- A wonderful app with several different business tools
- Log new job details, Add notes or photos
- Schedule team members for jobs
- Set notifications for customers, Accept credit cards
- Free to try, Then a monthly subscription
This financial business accounting app is designed for small and medium businesses. With a simple interface, and plenty of options, this app will allow users to perform a wide range of business services. Users can try the app for free and then choose one of the paid subscription options. Create unlimited accounts, manage entire inventories, create and send estimates or invoices to customers, log your expenses, comprehensive reports with in-depth analysis, sync data via Dropbox and more. This app doesn’t require users to have any previous accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- An accounting tool for small and medium businesses
- Create invoices and estimates, Document expenses
- Manage entire inventories, Create multiple accounts
- Sync data via Dropbox, Doesn’t require any experience
- Free to try, Paid subscription options
The Zoho Books app allows users to manage their income and expenses with the ease and comfort that they desire. Create and send invoices, accept payments, record expenses and bills, easily send data to your accountant or tax person, track time spent on projects, get information on your accounts quickly, supports transactions in multiple currencies and more. Zoho has several different subscriptions options based on your accounting needs.
- Ideal for small businesses, Saves time and money
- Create and send invoices, Accept payments
- Record expenses, Track and manage your bills
- Share data with financial advisor or tax person
- Numerous subscription options
Users must have an existing FreshBooks Classic account to use this app. Create invoices on the go, get paid online, capture expenses with your camera or quickly add them, track hours on projects and more. The invoices look professional and take just a few seconds to complete. The app will send prompts when creating an app, just in case this is your first time. This app also integrates with the desktop version and it makes tax time easy for you or your tax person. There are multiple in-app purchases.
- An app that’s ideal for small businesses
- Requires an existing FreshBooks Classic account
- Desktop integration, Quickly capture expenses
- Create professional looking estimates and invoices
- Accept payments, Multiple in-app purchases