Bitcoin is a massively popular payment system that allows users to make transactions across the globe. Our list of apps really highlight some of Bitcoin’s promising features, while making the usage of Bitcoin easier and more convenient. If you currently use Bitcoin then check out our list of the best Bitcoin apps today!
The best Bitcoin apps for the iPhone
30 Apr 2020, by Rick Rockwell
Originally developed as a safe place to store your Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH), this non-custodial app has now evolved even further to let you do more with your Bitcoin. Over five million wallets have been created through the Bitcoin.com Wallet app. The newest version of the Bitcoin.com Wallet app offers a fast, easy-to-use interface and lots of exciting features.
- Make lightning-fast payments with InstantPay
- Buy BTC and BCH through the app using a credit card
- Swap BTC for BCH (and vice versa) in a matter of minutes
- SLP tokens, digital assets that exist on the BCH blockchain, are now supported
Coinbase is a secure way to make transactions with your Bitcoin or Ethereum currencies with bank level protection. It’s a digital wallet for your digital currency. With this app you can store your online currency to use whenever you like, pay for transactions anywhere Bitcoin and Ethereum are accepted, and you can even buy more currency when your wallet’s in need of replenishing. If you want to see how Bitcoin or Ether are selling on the market you can check the built in price ticker. Don’t worry if you lose your phone as you can disable access to your wallet remotely if need be.
- Secure transactions with Bitcoin or Ethereum
- Bank level protection
- Buy more currency when needed
- Tack Bitcoin and Ethereum with the built-in price ticker
- Remotely disable the app on a lost phone
If you want the security of using one of the world’s most trusted Bitcoin wallets then Blockchain definitely qualifies. This app is a secure digital wallet that allows you to send and receive Bitcoins instantly to and from anyone anywhere in the world. They have a state of the art security center that operates 24 hours a day to protect your investment and prevent unauthorized activity. With two factor authentication it’s one of the most secure Bitcoin wallets around. It also features a 12 word recovery phrase, 20 different currency conversion rates, and it operates in 25 languages.
- Send and receive Bitcoins instantly
- Works anywhere in the world
- State of the art security center
- Two factor authentication
- 12 word recovery phrase, 20 different currency conversion rates, and 25 languages
The Airbitz app makes brings the peace of mind of online banking in the form of a digital Bitcoin wallet. You have exclusive and secure access to your funds any time you need them and it’s simple to use. Residents of the US or Canada can buy and sell Bitcoins from within the app and it’s compatible with Bluetooth. It’s fully compatible with Apple’s TouchID functionality which you can use to login, or you can use a traditional password. Other features include sophisticated encryption, multi-device synchronization, multiple wallets per account, and the ability to set daily spending limits.
- Exclusive and secure access to your Bitcoin funds
- Buy and sell Bitcoins from within the app
- Compatible with Apple TouchID
- Sophisticated encryption
- Multi-device synchronization
There are tons of Bitcoin wallet apps, but Copay is one of the most user friendly options around. The reason this app is so unique is because it lets you use it as your individual account, or you can share fund in a group by requiring multiple signatures to complete transactions for added security. You can set up a company account, a personal account, a vacation account, and even a family savings account all from one app. Private keys are stored locally on your device not in the cloud, it has support for 150 different currencies, and you can set up email notification for payments and transfers.
- Set up different accounts for different uses
- Joint accounts can require multiple signatures
- Private keys are stored locally not in the cloud
- Support for 150 different currencies
- Set up email notifications for payments and transfers
With BitPay you get a reliable open source solution to your Bitcoin wallet needs. It can be used for individual accounts or for multiple user accounts. You can store and send funds anywhere and you can buy and sell Bitcoins all from within the app. If you need to turn your Bitcoins into real dollars you can do that as well with the BitPay Visa card. It’s a Bitcoin wallet that works just about anywhere – you can even use it to purchase Amazon gift cards for use on the world’s largest retail site as well.
- Reliable and secure open source Bitcoin wallet
- Use as an individual wallet or for multiple user accounts
- Store and send funds
- Buy and sell Bitcoins
- Use the BitPay Visa to transfer Bitcoins to real dollars
Bitcoins were created as a digital alternative to the world’s diverse currency options and you can securely access your Bitcoins with Coinspace Bitcoin Wallet. With this digital wallet platform you can make payments worldwide with no charge. Every time you perform a transaction a unique address is created for that transaction further ensuring your security. The app is also compatible with QR scan technology for instant transactions, you can convert your Bitcoins into local currency with a single tap, and the app automatically generates secure passphrases.
- Make payments worldwide with no fees
- Creates a unique address for each transaction
- QR scan compatible
- Convert Bitcoins into currency with a single tap
- Automatically generates secure passphrases
Bitcoin may be the most well-known digital currency, but it’s not the only game in town – in fact there are literally dozens of different digital currencies out there. Coin Ticker lets you track, perform transactions, and buy and sell in all of the most common forms of digital currency. You can access historical charts and information to determine which currencies are performing well and you can quickly switch between different currencies based on market trends. The app also makes it easy to see the real value of your holdings by comparing each currency you hold against your country’s local currency.
- Buy and sell in multiple different digital coin formats
- Perform sales transactions
- Track currency trends
- Access historical charts and information
- Compare each coin you hold against your local currency
Breadwallet is a secure way to directly access the Bitcoin network. This is an open source app and that’s made it available for constant improvements and innovations. Transactions are completely free and payments can be made with one tap anywhere Bitcoin is accepted. You can set up a simple recovery phrase in the event that your device is lost or stolen and the app has built-in hardware encryption for an added layer lf security. Transactions are instantaneous and there are no limits on the size of your transactions.
- Directly accesses the Bitcoin network
- Open source and innovative
- Transactions are free
- Make payments with one tap
- Simple recovery phrase in the event your device is lost or stolen
In some cases simpler is better and that’s the idea behind the Bither Bitcoin Wallet. This app is a fully functional Bitcoin wallet and as an added bonus it’s also one of the few that’s compatible with Apple Watch. You can access real-time updates on the latest values of Bitcoins, you can buy and sell Bitcoins, and you can perform secure transactions wherever Bitcoin is accepted. You can set up system notifications to let you know whenever a transaction is completed and each transaction is secured using private key encryption.
- Compatible with Apple Watch
- Access real-time updates on Bitcoin valuation
- Perform secure transactions wherever Bitcoin is accepted
- Setup system notifications of transactions
- Private key encryption