We rely on our cars to get to work, school, doctor appointments and just about everything else in life. So, it’s important that we take care of our vehicles by monitoring them and performing necessary maintenance. For some of us, our cars are collector items or part of our families. In that case, regular maintenance is definitely something to stay consistent with. Check out our list of the best car maintenance apps for the iPhone and make sure you take care of your cars when needed.
The best car maintenance apps for the iPhone
20 Apr 2020, by Rick Rockwell
Driveroo Inspector is a powerful easy to use vehicle inspection tool proven to help identify and sell more repair work. 100% digital, available on any mobile phone or tablet, Driveroo Inspector streamlines the inspection process through visual input technology, and presents inspection results in an easy to share comprehensive report, supported with pictures and technician recommendations.
- Reduced average time of the inspection
- Intuitive graphic interface
- Unlimited pictures with editing and markup
- Select answers and voice-to-text to cut down on typing
The free myCARFAX app provides users with a way to track and monitor the service history of their vehicles. Track auto repair and history of services for up to 5 cars. View recommended maintenance schedules, get alerts for upcoming services, know when car registration is due, learn about safety recalls if any, fin local repair shops, get repair estimates, and more. This app really keeps you on top of everything related to your vehicles.
- Track and monitor auto repair and history of services
- Track for up to 5 cars, Set notifications
- View recommended maintenance schedule
- Get alerts for upcoming services
- Get repair estimates, Find repair shops
If you have ever experience a light come on your car’s dashboard, it can be an anxious experience especially when you don’t know what the light means. For all you know, your car engine is going to die. This app will explain 95 commonly occurring dashboard warnings and indicator lights so that you know what they mean. Additionally, this app has a complete list of auto acronyms and numerous roadside assistance numbers that you can call right through the app. If you are unable to access your owner’s manual to look up the dashboard warning light, then this app can help you out.
- Learning what the dashboard warning lights mean
- 95 commonly encountered warning lights
- Full list of roadside assistance numbers
- Complete list of auto acronyms
- Great for those without an owner’s manual
Log and record your car’s maintenance and service history along with gas and more. Monitor your fuel mileage, take pics of receipts or documents to store on app, manage multiple cars, maintain a complete service history, search to find specific information, store notes for each vehicle, view records offline, multiple export options, desktop portal, email vehicle information and more. There are multiple in-app purchases for different vehicle account options. This is one of the most thorough car maintenance apps on the iOS.
- Complete car history and service log
- Take pics of receipts and documents to store on app
- Manage one or a fleet of cars
- Store notes, View records offline, Search for information
- In-app purchases for various car options
Here’s an app designed to help users find specific parts for their vehicles. If you like to do your own repairs, or are restoring a car, then this app is a great resource for you. It’s a free app without registration, lightning fast search results, ecofriendly parts, improved layout for tables, and more. Scan the VIN barcode or type a word in directly. Whether you are looking for hard to find parts, or the common items, this app is great at finding just about any part you can think of.
- Find specific parts for vehicles
- Great for those who do self-repairs or restoration
- No registration required, Instant results
- Green parts, Inexpensive parts, Hard to find parts
- VIN barcode scanning, Or type in word
Here’s an app that allows users to check the complete history of a car in the UK or Northern Ireland regions. At first, you will get free information on the car like Make, Model, Color, Year and Fuel Type. For more information, a fee will be charged. However, you will then have access to many details like if it was ever stolen, VIN check, Engine number, number of previous owners, Imported or Exported, MPG, Valuation, Top speed and so much more. The nominal fee is well worth the in-depth report and should be considered by anyone who is looking to buy a car.
- Get a complete history for any car
- Must be in the UK or Northern Ireland
- Free information to start process
- In-app purchases for in-depth reports
- In-depth report has a complete history of cars
This app is more than just a car maintenance app, it basically allows you to store any and all information on your cars. From insurance and title info to car repairs, expenses, mileage and more. You can also save information on your favorite repair shops or parts stores. In addition to tracking and storing all of this data, you can also store contact information for all service provides, make use of the Tools section for GPS features, find nearby services and places to eat, stay informed on car news and more. This is a great well-rounded app to keep you on top of all of your car needs and info.
- A thorough, well-rounded car maintenance and log app
- Store all and any type of information on your car
- Get Car News, Store all service provider info
- Use the Tools section for GPS features
- Detailed statistics on your car expenditures
Carista can help you diagnose your car problems so that you can best service your car. It requires that you use an OBD2 adapter to plug in for diagnostic purposes. Carista also lets you customize your car like automatically turning headlights on when car turns on, automatically lock doors when car moves, change sound notifications and more. There are service tools that will help you to monitor upcoming repair needs. There are in-app purchases for subscriptions to access all of the features. There’s also a list of the specific cars that you can make customizations to.
- Requires an OBD2 adapter
- Diagnose car problems
- Customize electronic settings
- Create service reminders
- In-app purchases for subscriptions