We rely on our cars to get to work, school, doctor appointments and just about everything else in life. So, it’s important that we take care of our vehicles by monitoring them and performing necessary maintenance. For some of us, our cars are collector items or part of our families. In that case, regular maintenance is definitely something to stay consistent with. Check out our list of the best car maintenance apps for the iPhone and make sure you take care of your cars when needed.
The best car maintenance apps for the iPhone
1 Jun 2021, by  Rick Rockwell
This RoadFS Field Service App provides a field service management suite that fits any small, medium or enterprise sized field service business. From estimate to invoice RoadFS®, an auto maintenance app provides a complete mobile app and cloud solution to manage your field service team all with an iPhone. The field service suite allows you to:
- Manage service jobs from estimate to invoice
- Dispatch and manage service call
- Built-in VIN Barcode scanning
- Real-Time access to service tickets, customer data and more
- Integration with QuickBooks, Intacct, QuickBooks Online and Sage
- Reporting tools to assess the health of your business
If you are interested in other lifestyle topics, check out our article on best floor jack here.
The myEZ car care app is the only app you’ll need for your vehicles and travel including service history, reminders, MPG calculator, warranty/insurance records and more. With this car maintenance app, full VIP members receive fleet auto service and travel discounts, have desktop and print access and can upgrade to add roadside assistance.
- MPG calculator
- Service history and warranty/insurance records
- Travel discounts
- Roadside assistance
Carista can help you diagnose your car problems so that you can best service your car. It requires that you use an OBD2 adapter to plug in for diagnostic purposes. Carista also lets you customize your car like automatically turning headlights on when car turns on, automatically lock doors when car moves, change sound notifications and more. There are service tools that will help you to monitor upcoming repair needs. There are in-app purchases for subscriptions to access all of the features. There’s also a list of the specific cars that you can make customizations to.
- Requires an OBD2 adapter
- Diagnose car problems
- Customize electronic settings
- Create service reminders
- In-app purchases for subscriptions
Driveroo Inspector is a powerful easy to use vehicle inspection tool proven to help identify and sell more repair work. 100% digital, available on any mobile phone or tablet, Driveroo Inspector streamlines the inspection process through visual input technology, and presents inspection results in an easy to share comprehensive report, supported with pictures and technician recommendations.
- Reduced average time of the inspection
- Intuitive graphic interface
- Unlimited pictures with editing and markup
- Select answers and voice-to-text to cut down on typing
The free myCARFAX app provides users with a way to track and monitor the service history of their vehicles. Track auto repair and history of services for up to 5 cars. View recommended maintenance schedules, get alerts for upcoming services, know when car registration is due, learn about safety recalls if any, fin local repair shops, get repair estimates, and more. This app really keeps you on top of everything related to your vehicles.
- Track and monitor auto repair and history of services
- Track for up to 5 cars, Set notifications
- View recommended maintenance schedule
- Get alerts for upcoming services
- Get repair estimates, Find repair shops
Log and record your car’s maintenance and service history along with gas and more. Monitor your fuel mileage, take pics of receipts or documents to store on app, manage multiple cars, maintain a complete service history, search to find specific information, store notes for each vehicle, view records offline, multiple export options, desktop portal, email vehicle information and more. There are multiple in-app purchases for different vehicle account options. This is one of the most thorough car maintenance apps on the iOS.
- Complete car history and service log
- Take pics of receipts and documents to store on app
- Manage one or a fleet of cars
- Store notes, View records offline, Search for information
- In-app purchases for various car options
Here’s an app designed to help users find specific parts for their vehicles. If you like to do your own repairs, or are restoring a car, then this app is a great resource for you. It’s a free app without registration, lightning fast search results, ecofriendly parts, improved layout for tables, and more. Scan the VIN barcode or type a word in directly. Whether you are looking for hard to find parts, or the common items, this app is great at finding just about any part you can think of.
- Find specific parts for vehicles
- Great for those who do self-repairs or restoration
- No registration required, Instant results
- Green parts, Inexpensive parts, Hard to find parts
- VIN barcode scanning, Or type in word
Here’s an app that allows users to check the complete history of a car in the UK or Northern Ireland regions. At first, you will get free information on the car like Make, Model, Color, Year and Fuel Type. For more information, a fee will be charged. However, you will then have access to many details like if it was ever stolen, VIN check, Engine number, number of previous owners, Imported or Exported, MPG, Valuation, Top speed and so much more. The nominal fee is well worth the in-depth report and should be considered by anyone who is looking to buy a car.
- Get a complete history for any car
- Must be in the UK or Northern Ireland
- Free information to start process
- In-app purchases for in-depth reports
- In-depth report has a complete history of cars
This app is more than just a car maintenance app, it basically allows you to store any and all information on your cars. From insurance and title info to car repairs, expenses, mileage and more. You can also save information on your favorite repair shops or parts stores. In addition to tracking and storing all of this data, you can also store contact information for all service provides, make use of the Tools section for GPS features, find nearby services and places to eat, stay informed on car news and more. This is a great well-rounded app to keep you on top of all of your car needs and info.
- A thorough, well-rounded car maintenance and log app
- Store all and any type of information on your car
- Get Car News, Store all service provider info
- Use the Tools section for GPS features
- Detailed statistics on your car expenditures
This is an auto maintenance app for BMW and Mini owners. This app allows you to code the control units in your BMW or Mini to unlock hidden features and customize your car to your liking. Activate the digital speed display in the instrument cluster or allow your passengers to watch videos while driving in the iDrive system. Do you want to disable the Auto Start/Stop function or the Active Sound Design? You will be able to code this and much more by yourself with the BimmerCode app.
- Supports a range of cars manufactured after 2008
- vLinker adapter support
- Updated coding data
- MGU headunit expert mode
With this app designed for auto maintenance you can find spare parts for any car faster. This is #1 automotive e-commerce solution in North America. It allows you to search by vehicle and parts type. You can identify a vehicle by year, make, model, engine, VIN or license plate lookup.
- Easy and secure access
- Easily toggle between parts Sellers
- Parts Catalog Lookup
- Stock Check
- Find parts by part number to view real time pricing and availability
- Search for parts by vehicle Year, Make, Model, Engine
- Scan a VIN with your mobile device
DashCommand is an app for your car. It turns your iPhone/iPad/iPod into an advanced display for your engine data.
Want to know why the check engine light keeps going on? Check it with DashCommand.
Want to know what your horsepower, torque, or acceleration is, in real time? Display it with DashCommand.
- Professional skidpad showing lateral and accel/braking Gs with min/max indicators
- Race track visually maps out your location, acceleration and braking as you drive laps around the track allows you to visually analyze different race track laps to see how acceleration and braking changed from lap to lap thus helping you to improve your lap times on your next outing.
- Inclinometer shows rolling angle and vehicle pitch for off-roading.
- Support for OBD-II diagnostics. Find out why your check-engine light is on and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Data logging, record and playback log files showing OBD-II and acceleration data
OBD Fusion is an app for your car that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. You can clear your check engine light, create customized dashboards, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy, and much more! OBD Fusion is also available for Apple Watch!
OBD Fusion has a ton of features, including:
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL)
- Real-time dashboard display with fully customizable gauges
- Performance calculations for 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph track times
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100km or km/l calculation
- Full diagnostic report that can be stored and emailed
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals