Are you a physician or a nurse who is new in the field or well established? The medical community carries a lot of weight on its shoulders in its attempts to keep people as healthy as possible. This list of apps is meant to help you perform your job in a more streamlined, effective, and knowledgeable manner. Some of these will act as great pocket tools and guides, while others can make it possible to set up your own virtual practice.
The best iPad apps for doctors-2021
5 Mar 2021, by  Joseph Batcagan
With Dr Pad patient medical records app for iPad, you can manage all your patient records such as personal information, medical reports, medication, visit history, clinical notes, patient history, and other notes. Appointments for your patients can be easily handled using Dr.Pad app for doctors. Various tests and screenings (X-ray, blood test, and more) files of your patients can be stored and accessed easily using the Dr.Pad app. Free features:
- Create and keep track of patient's appointments, visit history, and medical records.
- Easy to use mobile app, elegantly designed for phone and tablet.
- SMS and/or email prescription, appointment reminder, and visit history to a patient
- Attach a picture to patient record.
- Attach any two documents (audio, video, and image) to a patient's visit.
If you're a doctor and you are trying to find a way to boost your practice and get more patients, the HealthTap for Doctors app could be a good option to try. Some of the things the app claims it can help with is to share wisdom from other doctors, help you grow your practice, build up your reputation, help you make more money, and more. Through this app you'll be able to set up a virtual practice that makes it possible to work on the schedule you set and in the comfort of your own home. It's also convenient for your patients to reach you this way. HealthTap MD app review
- The app can help you find more patients
- You can start to build your reputation
- Set up your own virtual practice
- You decide what your hours will be
- Read advice from other successful doctors
When you run your own medical practice a big part of the job is billing and keeping everything organized. This is far from glamorous and can get rather confusing if you don't have the right system in place. The Dr. Rounds app has been created to work with the Cloud in order to streamline your entire billing process. Doctors can literally tap on the screen in order to keep track of their charges and then the billing staff can then take this information straight from the app. The information is stored in real-time so the billing staff has access to it as it is happening.
- This app works with the Cloud
- It works to make the charging/billing process easy and streamlined
- Doctors tap on the screen to record charges
- The billing staff can see the charges appear right away
- The app is user-friendly
Whether you are a medical student or a physician the Journal Club app can prove to be quite informative. This publication is well-known in the medical community and takes a look at news and developments in internal medicine. Not only that but you will have "landmark trials" available to you to browse at any time. What physicians really love is the fact the articles are very short so you don't have to put aside a ton of time to go through them. You can sort through the content by disease, name, specialty, or date just to make it easy. Content can also be shared. Journal Club for iPhone app review
- Gives physicians access to landmark trials and developments in internal medicine
- Mark stories as favorites
- Share stories
- Sort the stories by various filters
- All the stories are short so they are quick to read through
As a physician it is your job to look out for the well-being of your patients and part of that means staying on top of new and developing medical cases. The Figure 1 - Medical Cases for Healthcare Professionals app is an excellent tool to use that allows you to access all kinds of medical cases. This is meant to be an educational app to be used by anyone in the healthcare industry. The app is constantly being updated with new content so it stays current. You can read the cases, ask questions about them, and post comments for other professionals to read. Figure 1 app review
- Read about medical cases from around the world
- Offer information by making comments
- Ask questions
- The app can be used by any doctor or nurse looking to stay current on various medical conditions
- The content is updated daily
If you are a medical student or you are a professional in the field then you know better than anyone just how many terms there are that you need to know. The Medical Dictionary app acts as your pocket guide to medical terms and definitions so you're never at a loss. There are more than 180,000 medical terms covered in the app, acronyms and abbreviations, images, audio pronunciations, and information on over 4,000 prescription and over-the-counter drugs. Tools include being able to perform searches, adding bookmarks, making use of search filters, and the ability to share content.
- Ideal for medical students and professionals
- More than 180,000 definitions and medical terms
- Photos and audio pronunciations
- Use the bookmark tool
- Search with the advanced filters
Before you prescribe any medication to your patient there are a number of things you must consider. The Epocrates References & Tools for Healthcare Providers app helps you find the best medication for your patient. Use this app to read about over the counter drugs and generic drugs, the side effects, common uses, interactions, and more. The app has built in calculators such as the GFR and BMI offerings, and there is research and news you can read through. This will end up being your go-to pocket guide when it comes to medications. Epocrates app review
- The app works as a pocket guide to medications
- Read about uses, side effects, and interactions of various drugs
- Use the built-in calculators
- Make use of the research news section
- Find information about drug care coverage in each state
If you are a new doctor in the field or you just are ready to expand your practice then the Doctors - Grow Your Practice app can prove to be invaluable. This is a fairly new release and gives physicians the ability to perform virtual consultations. This is the latest trend in the medical community as it provides medical consultations to those who live anywhere even in remote locations. The way it works is that a patient submits a question and it is then passed on to a nearby doctor to them. That doctor can then provide an answer to their question.
- The app is ideal for new doctors just looking to build a practice
- The app is ideal for established doctors who want to take on more patients
- You can answer patient questions virtually
- It connects a doctor with a patient in the same location
- The app is very simple to understand
If you've been wondering how to set up your own virtual medical practice then the Virtual Practice for Doctors app is an excellent place to start. This one makes it possible to connect with your patients from your mobile device, so you can be anywhere and still work. In many cases a virtual practice can make you more effective as you can respond even faster. Use this app to perform a video consultation, answer questions, access your patient's records, make appointments, and monitor the health of your patients remotely. The app can completely transform your practice and modernize it in a way that patients are looking for.
- The app makes it possible to set up a virtual practice
- Answer patient’s questions
- Offer video consultations
- Access your patient records
- Manage your appointments through the app