Do you love watching TV? If yes, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for TV lovers. This list has many great apps with a wide range of features from watching shows to viewing upcoming TV schedules. Additionally, some of these TV apps allow you to set your DVR, view exclusive content, stream your video content to your iDevice, and more. We guarantee that your TV viewing experience will never be the same after checking out these apps.
The best iPad apps for watching TV 2020
20 Dec 2020, by  Joseph Batcagan
Watch thousands of hit movies and TV series for free. Tubi TV app is 100% legal unlimited streaming, with no credit cards and no subscription required. Tubi is your cost effective solution. Choose what you want to watch, when you want to watch it, with fewer ads than regular TV. Tubi is the largest free streaming service featuring award-winning movies and TV series from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM, and more. There is something for everybody; from comedy to drama, kids to classics, and niche favorites such as Korean dramas, anime, and British series.
- Watch the biggest stars, movies and TV shows (series), completely free
- Browse unique categories, including our “Not on Netflix” section
- Create and manage your own personal video queue
- Pick up watching where you left off
- Explore fresh anime, Korean dramas, telenovelas, reality shows and more
- Sync your account between online devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Xbox and Amazon
- Stream on the web at tubitv.com and do even more with Tubi
The iWebTV app will help you to find online Movies, TV shows, Live shows, and cast them to your TV.
iWebTV™ works with Chromecast + Roku + Apple TV (4th Gen) + Fire TV, as well as smart TVs powered by Roku or Chromecast. It has advanced browser, supports multiple browser tabs, blocks or hides spammy popups, search from the URL bar, ad blocker, browsing history and many more.
- HD resolution supported (1080p and up to 4K depending on the device)
- Live streams support
- Video preview: up to 72 snapshots to instantly locate your favorite scenes
- Full playback controls, from the app or from the lock screen after exiting the app
JustWatch keeps you legal! This app is designed to show you where you can legally watch TV shows and movies that are streaming online. It has several features like New-Timeline, Streaming Search Engine, Price Drops, WatchList, and WatchBar. JustWatch is available in the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, and Germany in addition to the U.S. If you're searching for a digital content menu, then definitely try JustWatch. It's basically the best app you can find that lets you browse your fave TV shows and movies and tells you if they are available at any streaming providers, either free or paid.
- Stay out of trouble with the Internet watch dogs
- Shows you where you can legally stream TV shows and movies
- Features like Streaming Search Engine, New-Timeline, Price Drops, and more
- Available in several countries in addition to the U.S.
- Great digital content menu
Tunity is an app that you don’t or won’t know that you need until you actually use or need it. Yes, let that sink in for a moment. Have you ever been at the gym, a bar or a restaurant and wanted to hear what was on the TV? And, no matter what you do, you just can’t seem to hear the TV over the crowd or it might even be muted. Well, with Tunity, users can point their iDevice at the TV and it will pick up the audio. So, the next time you are running on the treadmill at the gym just pop out this app and hear the TV. The app does drain battery due to using GPS.
- A clever app that’s useful for hearing impaired or at public places
- Point iDevice toward TV and stream the audio
- App requires usage of GPS function
- Constant GPS usage can drain the battery
- A free TV app
Yidio is an app that pulls together all of your favorite providers and shows you the best place to watch your movies and TV shows. You will be able to price compare and find out if a subscription is necessary to watch. You can set up notifications so you never miss a show, and create a customized feed that suits your needs perfectly. Yidio is free but some providers aren't, and some will require you to download their apps. This app will help do that and will deep link you into those apps. As of right now there are more than 55 sources available to search, including Showtime, The CW, Bravo, DirecTV, MTV, HBO, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and more.
- View all available sources for movies and TV shows in one place
- Keeps track of what you watch, what episode you watched last, upcoming shows, and more
- Easy to use
- Over 55 sources
If you don’t know about NETFLIX then you must be living under a rock or are from another planet. NETFLIX is one of the greatest media outlets in the world. NETFLIX streams TV shows and movies for users to watch over the Internet. This app allows users to connect to their accounts, search for shows, stay on top of new shows that are added, pick up where they left off watching a show, can create up to 5 individual accounts, no commercials, see recommendations and enjoy quality programming whenever your TV loving heart desires. This app is free to use, but it requires a NETFLIX membership.
- A free app to watch TV and movies
- It requires a NETFLIX membership
- Watch your favorite shows and movies
- Watch exclusive programming
- Create up to 5 individual accounts
Next Episode is more of a utility app that lets you track the television shows you watch, on top of letting you browse previews of shows you've never watched before so you can find new favorites. There is a Today Widget for iOS 8 devices that shows you all your shows and when the next episode will air. There are so many features with this app that it's impossible to discuss them all here: add your faves to My Shows and the app will track them for you; Recent shows you what just aired and what is upcoming tomorrow; Calendar shows you a calendar view with the option to see all shows or just the ones you like; What's Next shows you shows from My Shows with a countdown to when the next episode is on; and Episodes show episodes from My Shows once they air. There's also Top Charts to discover new shows.
- Track all the TV shows you watch
- Notifications tell you when the next episode of your shows will be aired
- Create a My Shows list and the app will keep track of them
- See what shows are on tomorrow
- Discover new shows
The CW app from The CW Network is a great way to watch full episodes of all your favorite shows whenever you want. It's totally free! You'll be able to stream shows like The 100, The Vampire Diaries, iZombie, America's Next Top Model, and Supernatural. You can watch previous episodes, extended videos, previews for upcoming videos, cast interviews, and behind-the-scenes extras. Every primetime show on The CW are available to watch in full. The CW is pretty much the only TV network that is giving away its content to fans for free. You will have to watch commercials, just like if you were watching on cable television, but it's a small price to pay for free shows!
- Watch any primetime show on The CW in full
- Stream shows like The 100, America's Next Top Model, Supernatural, and more
- Extras like previews, clips from upcoming shows, and cast interviews
- Catch up on missed episodes
- Commercial breaks just like with cable television
FilmOn Free Live Television is one of those apps that lets you watch television from all over the world: 1000 channels, to be precise! There are also 200,000 videos available on demand. The app allows you to watch live TV, stream movies, and record your favorite shows. There are over 200 live television channels, more than 500 video on demand channels, and 200,000 videos on demand. You're able to watch local TV shows from the United States, United Kingdom, Asia, Italy, Germany, and the Middle East.
- Watch from anywhere you are
- Watch local TV from USA, UK, Asia, Italy, Germany, and the Middle East
- Over 200 live television channels
- Over 500 VOD channels
- 200,000 videos on demand
Plex organizes all of your personal media and will stream it to all of your screens. Watch all of your videos and photos from Camera Roll on any screen, cast any media from your Plex Media Server to all of your screens, and more with the free version. The paid version of the app offers more features. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to watch any media from any of your devices on any screen in your house? Sharing media with friends and family has never been easier. You will also gain access to many online channels like TwiT and TED Talks. Want to watch something later? Queue up online videos and then watch later on any of your devices.
- Organizes all of your photos, videos, TV, and music collections and streams them to all of your screens
- Free or paid versions
- Share media with friends and family
- Gain access to online channels
- Create a Watch Later list and watch on any device