Pretty much everyone has heard about Uber, right? Well if you are in need of a ride and Uber isn't available, and you don't want to take an actual taxi, there are tons of apps for getting a ride to where you need to go. There are even apps that call upon regular taxi services. We have put together a list of taxi apps for your iPhone so you'll never be without a ride when you need it.
The best taxi apps for iPhone
16 May 2020, by  Joseph Batcagan
Bolt (formerly Taxify) is a transport app for requesting a fast and affordable ride. Just tap the button to order a ride, get picked up by a nearby driver, and enjoy a low-cost ride to your destination. Bolt is available in 25+ countries and 80+ cities around the world. The next time you need a ride, take Bolt!
- See the ride price upfront, and know how much you will pay.
- The app helps to set your pickup location even if you don't know the exact address.
- You can rate your driver to give feedback and help us improve the service quality.
- Add your credit card and never worry about carrying cash again. We'll email you the receipt after every trip.
Lyft is one way to ensure you get safely to your destination. Lyft community drivers are affordable, friendly, and above all, safe. All of their drivers go through both a personality screening and background check before being allowed to offer rides, and are covered by $1 M liability insurance. This app is updated every week and new cities are being added all the time. After every ride, passengers are asked to rate their driver and only the drivers with the highest ratings are allowed to remain in service. Have a look at our review for more information.
- All drivers pass personality, background, and DMV checks
- Drivers are rated by passengers
- $1 M liability insurance
- Share a ride and save up to 60 percent
- Free taxi app for iPhone
Lyft - Taxi & Bus App Alternative app review
Of course Uber is on this list! You'll get a reliable ride on time with the Uber app. The best part is that you'll know how much the ride will cost you, and you don't have to have any cash. Create your account using PayPal or your credit card, and the fare is automatically charged to your account. You'll even get a receipt emailed to you after your ride. It's really easy to use: choose your ride, set your location, and make your request. You'll even be able to see the location of your ride on the map. Check out our review.
- Reliable, safe rides
- Special insurance provided by Uber
- Request a ride in just a few simple step
- Get a fare estimate before you get the ride
- Pay through your account with PayPal or credit card
Uber app review
The taxi.eu app lets you book your taxi in Europe in just two clicks. With the integrated app payment you won't have to keep cash on hand. If you don't know your current location, don't worry: you'll be located through GPS so you can order a taxi without a problem. You'll be able to calculate the fare, distance, and duration of the ride before you confirm the order. When your taxi arrives the app will send a notification to your phone. This app is connected to over 60,000 taxis in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, and Czech Republic. Check out our review for more details.
- See available taxis in your area
- See arrival time of your taxi
- Choice of numerous customer preferences
- Integrated cashless payment
- Automatic location via GPS so you don't have to know your address
TripGo gets you from point A to point B in no time flat. Basically, it helps you combine any kind of transportation in the city to get to your destination. This could include public transit, a taxi or car share, a bike share, or your own car. You can personalize your trips and pick your route preference. If you like the view on one route, even if it's longer, go ahead and pick that one as your favorite! You can connect the app with your agenda so you can receive reminders. Don't be late! Results are delivered in real-time. The best part is you can choose the fastest, cheapest, most scenic, or most efficient route. It's up to you. Check out our app review for more details.
- Combine public transit with private and other transportation options
- Results in real-time
- Plan your route, check timetables, and get live service alerts
- Connect to your calendar for leave alerts
- Available in many U.S. cities and abroad
Easy Taxi is a free taxi app that connects you to taxis in different cities. Just choose any taxi parked nearby using Easy Taxi Connect, or let the app choose the closest taxi to pick you up. Each driver is trained and rated so you know your ride will be safe and enjoyable. The service is cashless as you pay through your phone. The app is easy to use: it locates your address using GPS, you confirm your location, and tap “Request taxi” to see the app assign a nearby driver. Sound like an interesting app? Here's our review.
- Fast, easy, and safe
- Available in many countries
- No cash needed
- GPS determines your location
- Free taxi app for iPhone
Grab offers a number of different on-demand services in six countries to serve your transportation and delivery needs. It's available in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines using your iOS device. This app, GrabTaxi, offers taxi services using Southeast Asia's large network of taxi drivers. GrabTaxi rides are safe, certain, and fast. The app features information about your driver, live tracking, and you can share your bookings with loved ones via SMS, social media, or email so they can keep track of your location. You'll receive booking confirmation within a minute when you book with GrabTaxi. Check out our review here.
- Book a taxi, get a fare estimate, and receive a confirmation within a minute
- Available in Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia
- App uses device's GPS to locate you
- Plot your results on the map to locate the closest cab
- Easy to use
Via gives you a smarter, easier way to make your way around Chicago and New York. You'll share a ride in a premium vehicle driven by an actual chauffeur. The cost is just $5 plus tax when you pre-pay. Via operates between 6:30 am and 9 pm on weekdays; in New York City the service is offered until midnight on Thursdays and Fridays as well. You'll get to ride anywhere within the service area for the same fee. If you choose not to pre-pay, rides are $7 plus tax. Want to know more? Read our app review here.
- Ride-sharing service in NYC and central Chicago
- First ride is $5 plus tax; pre-pay and all your rides are the same price
- Driven by professional chauffeurs in premium cars
- App's algorithm matches you with a car going your way
- Free taxi app for iPhone
This app allows users to share their cars with people in their city whether they are just visiting or live there and need a temporary mode of transportation. It’s a way to rent out your vehicle and make some extra cash. As of now, there’s a handful of cities available, but more are on the way. The prices for car rentals are great and the owners of these cars go through a screening process. Additionally, drivers will be screened, there’s a 24/7 support, no paperwork or hidden fees, and free sign-up. This app and service has really revolutionized transportation in the cities that it’s available in.
- Available only a limited number of cities, More to come
- Screening for drivers and car owners
- Great rates, quick process, free to sign up
- 24/7 Customer Support, No annual fees
- Insurance is already included in the rates