If you are looking for some great apps to help your child learn how to read or to make their reading experience more enjoyable then check out our list of the best iPhone apps for learning how to read for kids.
The best iPhone learning to read apps for kids
29 Aug 2021, by  Joseph Batcagan
Learn to Read from the starfall.com website with one of the best learning to read apps for iPhone.
The Starfall Learn to Read FREE app is made possible by the member supporters of Starfall.com, a publicly supported non-profit. The activities at Starfall.com motivate through exploration, positive reinforcement, and play. This iPhone app for learning how to read is excellent for both emerging readers and English language learners.
- Play and explore!
- Learn to read with Zac the Rat
- Features a vowel sound and its related spelling
- Hear, touch, read and master sound-spelling
- Variety of engaging activities, movies, and songs
- Recognize the relationship between spoken and written language
In this Learn to Read app for iPhone, interactive stories will teach kids to read and build fluency. Delightful stories include engaging imagery while reading words aloud to kids and highlighting each word spoken. This utilizes multi-sensory learning, and can help your child learn to read independently. Duolingo ABC helps kids have fun while they sound out words, practice reading and writing in English, and build reading literacy skills for a lifetime! learn to read
- Engage kids in hands-on learning they will love!
- New lessons are added often, so there is always something new to discover!
- Bite-sized lessons help kids learn phonics, sight words & vocabulary
- Enjoy fun activities like letter tracing and interactive stories, suitable for even the youngest learners
- Kids will love, play and learn from Duolingo ABC’s cast of characters!
In this learning to read app for iPhone, you will journey across seven fantastic planets teaching your child valuable life skills such as working together to overcome obstacles, greeting new challenges with excitement, and making new friends. Adventure Readers and the Quest for the Magic Moonstone is a revolutionary reading game that teaches your kids to read using a proven approach to early childhood literacy. Through this innovative reading app, that is one of the top apps to help children read, learners are provided with a step-by-step reading program designed to help children of all ages overcome reading challenges and learn American English.
- The best reading game for kids
- Meets the needs of younger and older children
- Learn sounds, then basic reading skills, before learning more letters and sound combinations
- Allow your child to make mistakes
Sight Words: Kids Learn! is a learn to read app for kids that combines fun, easy-to-follow activities with hands-on and audio features to jumpstart the learning process. Created by reading experts such as Dr. Fry, Kids Learn Sight Words uses developmentally appropriate approaches to let the child. It combines fluency, vocabulary, spelling, and comprehension practice with entertaining, engaging graphics in a disguised-learning format.
- Hear the words
- Practice writing the words
- Recognize letters
- Record the words with playback
HOMER Reading is the fun, interactive way to spark your child’s passion for reading. Help your child build critical skills with a personalized learn-to-read plan! Download HOMER Reading to start your free trial app for learning to read that helps your child fall in love with learning today. You can easily cancel at any time during your free trial. Learn with Homer app review
- Proven to increase early reading scores by 74% with just 15 minutes a day
- Combines your child’s passions and interests with their age and ability to create a personalized learn-to-read plan
- The only program that actually teaches your child to read step-by-step
- Thousands of expert-designed lessons on ABCs, sight words, and phonics for readers at every level
Reading Eggs is the multi-award-winning learning to read app for kids that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced elementary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities, and over 2,000 digital story books. Reading Eggs has already helped over 10 million children worldwide learn to read.
- Used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by elementary educators
- Children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons
- The reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets, and games, motivating children to keep learning
- Based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read
Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading app that’s helped millions of children to learn how to read. Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colorful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress. Kids love making their monster and teaching it read.
- Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes
- Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids
- Suitable for ages 3-6.
- Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University
Here's another education app which will teach your kids the preschool basics via some engaging and awesome gameplay features. Kids Academy: Pre-K-3 Learning app review
- Animated artwork
- Develops the basic foundation for reading
- Updated curriculum
- Imaginative artwork
- Stable performances
This app will get your kid well and truly hooked on phonics! Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read app review
- Updated lessons
- Complete interactive entertainment
- Daily add-ons
- Earn more trophies and points the longer you use the app
- Teaches proper sentence-building
This app has all a huge library of books as well as videos inspired by Reading Rainbow so you can introduce your child to this classic in a modern way. Reading Rainbow for iPad app review
- Fiction and non-fiction books for ages 4 to 6
- Weekly updates
- Parent dashboard
- Games and rewards
- Two reading modes