Tax season is often a very stressful time of year for people and with that said most dread its arrival. The following list of apps are meant to help you make it through the season with a variety of user-friendly tools that can answer your questions, help you prepare your taxes, get an estimate on your tax refund, and some will even allow you to e-file through them.
The best iPad apps for doing your own taxes
1 Nov 2019, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you're trying to do your own taxes but have questions, the ASK A CPA Tax Answers Free app can be a helpful tool to use. This one offers instant answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. These are free answers and can relate to both individual and business taxpayers. All you have to do is search through the various categories to find the question that matches your request. The questions are always being added to and updated. This one can even come in handy for accountants and accounting students.
- Meant for people doing their own taxes
- It can be used by individuals and business owners
- Search through the categories for your question
- If you can't find what you're looking for you can get an answer from a local CPA for free
If you have a specific tax question then the ASK A TAX PREPARER Tax Answers Free app has answers for you. In fact this one contains thousands of answers to tax questions that people are faced with during the dreaded tax season. This can be used by business owners and individuals who are filing their own taxes. Search through the many categories to find what you want, categories include tax refund tips, Armed Forces tax information, payroll taxes, property taxes, student loans, and plenty more. Even the professionals can refer to an app like this as a quick reference guide.
- This app can be used by business owners and individuals
- Find answers to a variety of tax questions
- Search through the categories with ease
- Professionals can use this as a quick reference guide
- This one can be used year-round as questions pop up
Are you curious to know what kind of tax refund you're in for but don't really want to pay to have an accountant do your taxes? There is an easy solution and that's the TaxCaster app. This one requires you to enter in some quick and simple and information and then you'll get an estimate on your 2014 tax refund. You can use this app before you actually do your taxes so you get an accurate idea of what to expect. It also makes it possible for you to make adjustments such as paycheck withholding so you will end up paying less tax.
- The app can help you get an idea of what to expect on your tax refund
- This one doesn’t prepare your taxes rather it just helps you to plan
- The app requires you to answer simple and quick questions
- The app is very user-friendly
If you're looking for a quick and simple way to put together your 2014 taxes on your own the TurboTax Tax Preparation app can offer you the solution. This app is known for its user-friendly set-up so that nothing feels confusing or intimidating. There are step-by-step instructions to help you out and importing your W-2 is easy as you just snap a photo of it. There is information on more than 350 different tax deductions and you can also e-file right through the app which ensures you get your refund quickly. You can use the app on any device and just pick up where you left off last so there is no rush to get it all done in one seating.
- Prepare and e-file your taxes
- There are step-by-step instructions
- There is information on more than 350 tax deductions
- You can pick up where you left off on any device
The Doxie app acts as a productivity tool that you'll be able to make use of any time you need to scan a document. This acts as a companion tool to your Doxie Go Wi-Fi scanner and opens up even more uses of the device and more conveniences. With this app you'll be able to scan, import, organize, and then send documents to the Cloud no matter where you happen to be. You can even put together multiple page PDFs with ease. There is an automatic contrast boost tool, you can name your document and reorder them, and documents can be saved and then sent by iMessage, email, and to various apps/Cloud services.
- This is a companion tool for your Doxie Go Wi-Fi scanner
- The app is user-friendly and contains a number of tools
- You can put together multi page PDFs
- Save and send scans by email, iMessage, and to various apps/Cloud services
Tax season is never a fun time so why not approach it in a manner that is the least stressful on you. The H&R Block Tax Preparation app can help you by giving you the means to have your taxes prepared any time you like without any stress or pressure on you. All you have to is take a picture of your W-2 and then go through the questions. Before you know it your taxes will be complete and you can efile them right through the app. Get advice from a tax expert when needed, the app will confirm when the IRS has accepted your return, and you can manage your account 24/7.
- Prepare your taxes with ease and speed
- Snap a photo of your W-2 slip
- You can ask questions within the app
- Manage your account 24/7
- Efile through the app