If you are looking for an online doctor, then this list of the best should help you decide. We scanned the AppStore to select the best so that you don't have to.
The best online doctor apps for the iPhone
15 Jun 2021, by AppPicker
With this iPhone video app for online doctors, you can get high-quality, affordable telehealth when you need it. Schedule recurring appointments with a primary care doctor of your choice or get 24/7 urgent care within seconds in the 24/7 telemedicine app. HealthTap offers multiple ways to connect with U.S.-based, board-certified doctors without an expensive and inconvenient trip to a doctor’s office.
- HEALTHTAP PRIME — $15 per month
- One easy, low price for Primary Care and 24/7 on-demand Urgent Care visits — $39 or your insurance copay (50% savings each visit)
- Find doctor care that fits your needs — men’s and women’s health, children’s health, travel medicine, sexual wellness, and more.
- Conveniently schedule appointments with nearby walk-in clinics nationwide, including thousands of CVS MinuteClinic locations.
- Search millions of trusted answers from 90,000 U.S. doctors across 147 specialties or ask your own anonymous health question and get an answer within 24 hours.
Using LiveHealth Online, the iPhone app for online doctors you can visit with board-certified doctors, licensed therapists, lactation consultants, registered dieticians and more through live video on your smartphone, tablet or computer. It’s an easy and convenient way to get the care you need weather you’re at home, at work or on the go! Just download the LiveHealth iPhone app and sign up to get started.
- For 18 million Americans online visits using LiveHealth Online are a covered benefit under their health plan
- Talk to a doctor 24/7, with no appts or long wait times
- Spanish speaking doctors are available by appointment from 7am-11pm.
- See a therapist in 4 days or less!
- Talk with a licensed therapist or psychologist from the comfort and privacy of home
Get diagnosed and prescribed medications online. Major insurances accepted. Cost effective & convenient. Nationwide. With over 225,000 users and counting PlushCare is a leading virtual primary care provider. Our physicians come from the top 50 U.S. medical schools and are licensed and U.S. board-certified. You can see online doctors via phone or computer 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays for medical care and online treatments, including online prescriptions.
- Virtual primary health care for current conditions and virtual emergency care for non-emergency conditions.
- PlushCare doctors have cured over 3500 diseases online.
- Select your time and preferred doctor on the booking page.
- There will be an online doctor consultation
- An online prescription will be written for you
The Zocdoc app is the start of a better healthcare journey for you. Find and book top-rated local doctors, on demand. Visit them in their offices, or video chat with them from home. Compare medical professionals near you and instantly book appointments that work with your schedule. Use the Zocdoc insurance checker and filter for providers who accept your health care plan. ZocDoc app review
- Find and book the best local doctors based on reviews from other patients
- Scan your insurance card and find doctors that match
- Choose between an online video visit or heading to a convenient, local doctor’s office to get the care you need
- Filter doctors according to your symptoms in over 50 categories
The Doctor On Demand app works with or without insurance and is available at reduced rates through many major health plans and large employers. Connect face to face with a doctor, psychiatrist or psychologist through video on your iPhone or iPad. You’ll always see your cost upfront and won’t receive a surprise bill after your visit. Doctor On Demand app review
- Doctor On Demand’s providers are licensed, board-certified and US-based
- The integration with Apple's HealthKit
- If your employer or school requires a doctor's note, one can be provided
- Physicians are available, on call, and standing by 24/7/365, weekends and holidays included
The Amwell app is the best way to see a doctor from home or on-the-go. Our telehealth app connects you to board-certified, experienced medical providers. High-quality healthcare is now available, 24/7, with on-demand service or scheduled appointments, often with next-day availability. Amwell brings healthcare home through the power of telemedicine so you can feel better faster. American Well app review
- Medical providers are available 24/7, to help you feel better faster
- Your visit with the doctor is confidential and HIPAA compliant
- You can share your health information through Apple Health
- Affordable prices for services you need
Have an MDLIVE virtual doctor visit with board-certified physicians from the comfort and convenience of your own home or from wherever you are, whenever you want – nights, after hours, weekends and holidays. MDLIVE also offers behavioral health appointments with licensed therapists and board-certified psychiatrists as well as dermatology services.
- The doctors are available 24/7 by video or phone
- You don’t want to take time off work or be away from home
- You want to avoid the high cost of Urgent Care or the ER
- LGBTQ Support
With the Mobile Health Consumer app, you can conveniently access all your personal health benefits and resources from a single app. Quickly find the information you need about your chosen and available benefits offerings - e.g., coverage details, phone numbers, important updates and announcements. Receive personalized guidance, so that you can make progress toward your health goals.
- Mobile Health’s integration with Apple Health and major fitness and health trackers
- The free Mobile Health Consumer app is only available to eligible members
- Check with your employer or health plan whether they offer Mobile Health Consumer
- Available features will vary between employers and health plans
The Maple app connects you to licensed Canadian doctors and healthcare practitioners anytime of day, 24/7. Visits start at $49. Download the app and chat with a provider with the tap of a button. You can choose to have your visit either over video, chat, or audio on our secure platform. Visits may be covered by your benefits plan.
- All Maple doctors are Canadian licensed and practice family or emergency medicine in Canada
- You'll receive prescriptions or sick notes digitally
- Prescriptions are automatically sent to a pharmacy or you can choose free delivery
- Your health data is always private and secure