If you are looking for an online doctor, then this list of the best should help you decide. We scanned the AppStore to select the best so that you don't have to.
The best online doctor apps for the iPhone
25 Dec 2020, by AppPicker
Get diagnosed and prescribed medications online. Major insurances accepted. Cost effective & convenient. Nationwide. With over 225,000 users and counting PlushCare is a leading virtual primary care provider. Our physicians come from the top 50 U.S. medical schools and are licensed and U.S. board-certified. You can see online doctors via phone or computer 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays for medical care and online treatments, including online prescriptions.
- Virtual primary health care for current conditions and virtual emergency care for non-emergency conditions.
- PlushCare doctors have cured over 3500 diseases online.
- Select your time and preferred doctor on the booking page.
- There will be an online doctor consultation
- An online prescription will be written for you
The Zocdoc app is the start of a better healthcare journey for you. Find and book top-rated local doctors, on demand. Visit them in their offices, or video chat with them from home. Compare medical professionals near you and instantly book appointments that work with your schedule. Use the Zocdoc insurance checker and filter for providers who accept your health care plan. ZocDoc app review
- Find and book the best local doctors based on reviews from other patients
- Scan your insurance card and find doctors that match
- Choose between an online video visit or heading to a convenient, local doctor’s office to get the care you need
- Filter doctors according to your symptoms in over 50 categories
The Doctor On Demand app works with or without insurance and is available at reduced rates through many major health plans and large employers. Connect face to face with a doctor, psychiatrist or psychologist through video on your iPhone or iPad. You’ll always see your cost upfront and won’t receive a surprise bill after your visit. Doctor On Demand app review
- Doctor On Demand’s providers are licensed, board-certified and US-based
- The integration with Apple's HealthKit
- If your employer or school requires a doctor's note, one can be provided
- Physicians are available, on call, and standing by 24/7/365, weekends and holidays included
The Amwell app is the best way to see a doctor from home or on-the-go. Our telehealth app connects you to board-certified, experienced medical providers. High-quality healthcare is now available, 24/7, with on-demand service or scheduled appointments, often with next-day availability. Amwell brings healthcare home through the power of telemedicine so you can feel better faster. American Well app review
- Medical providers are available 24/7, to help you feel better faster
- Your visit with the doctor is confidential and HIPAA compliant
- You can share your health information through Apple Health
- Affordable prices for services you need
Have an MDLIVE virtual doctor visit with board-certified physicians from the comfort and convenience of your own home or from wherever you are, whenever you want – nights, after hours, weekends and holidays. MDLIVE also offers behavioral health appointments with licensed therapists and board-certified psychiatrists as well as dermatology services.
- The doctors are available 24/7 by video or phone
- You don’t want to take time off work or be away from home
- You want to avoid the high cost of Urgent Care or the ER
- LGBTQ Support
With the Mobile Health Consumer app, you can conveniently access all your personal health benefits and resources from a single app. Quickly find the information you need about your chosen and available benefits offerings - e.g., coverage details, phone numbers, important updates and announcements. Receive personalized guidance, so that you can make progress toward your health goals.
- Mobile Health’s integration with Apple Health and major fitness and health trackers
- The free Mobile Health Consumer app is only available to eligible members
- Check with your employer or health plan whether they offer Mobile Health Consumer
- Available features will vary between employers and health plans
The Maple app connects you to licensed Canadian doctors and healthcare practitioners anytime of day, 24/7. Visits start at $49. Download the app and chat with a provider with the tap of a button. You can choose to have your visit either over video, chat, or audio on our secure platform. Visits may be covered by your benefits plan.
- All Maple doctors are Canadian licensed and practice family or emergency medicine in Canada
- You'll receive prescriptions or sick notes digitally
- Prescriptions are automatically sent to a pharmacy or you can choose free delivery
- Your health data is always private and secure
Medicus is powered by a Medical Reasoning Engine that uses AI to encode medical knowledge and the latest medical guidelines, to accurately simulate the reasoning that doctors do for the same cases.
Medicus takes the complexity of the medical knowledge into a simple app that anyone can use. Medicus uses Apple Health App to build an accurate profile, and retrieve real-time updates.
- Take a photo or type in your blood tests and see what they mean
- 100% privacy: no account needed, data is only saved on your device
- Track and understand your vitals, including weight, heart-rate, temperature and blood pressure
- Female users: track your period and get smart insights & reminders at the right time