Managing an entire staff of employees can be a daunting and confusing task. This list of employee management apps has been created to help you manage employees with a variety of advanced, powerful, and user-friendly tools. Whether you just have a couple of employees on staff or many more, these apps can help you and transform you into the perfect manager, making your business a well-oiled machine that performs to its best.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for employee management
8 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Papershift time clock, an iPhone app for employees is the ideal way to digitally track, edit and synchronize employee working hours with the Papershift Cloud. In the Employee Time Clock app, settings and time records are automatically synchronized when a network connection is available and are always up to date.
- Set up a stationary time tracking device for several employees
- An overview of existing time tracking can be displayed and edited
- The current hours account can be viewed
- Keep track of your hourly account and your remaining vacation days
The Paychex Flex is a payroll app that can be used by previously registered Paychex Flex (paychexflex.com) users.
Paychex Flex keeps employers and employees connected to the most vital payroll and benefits features.
Available features will vary and are dependent upon your company's plan options.
- Enter, review, submit and resume payrolls
- All reports, including payroll reports and cash requirements
- Employee check stubs and tax documents
- Employee profiles, compensation, taxes, deductions, and time-off balance
- Retirement plan balances, participation rates, and employee eligibility
- Health and benefits carrier information and member guides
- Health and benefits employee enrollment and election information
- For employees:
- Check stubs and W2s.
- Retirement balances, contributions, returns, and loans.
- Update retirement contributions and investments.
- Profile, compensation, taxes, deductions, and time-off balances.
- Health, dental, and life insurance benefit details, deductions, and contact information.
- FSA contributions, balances, claim, and reimbursement activity
BambooHR is online human resource software for both small- and medium-sized businesses. If you find you have outgrown spreadsheets, this app can automate some of the HR functions that are necessary but so tedious, and let you do other, more meaningful work. For this app to work you will need a current BambooHR account. This app holds your company directory so you always have access to photos, titles, emails, and phone numbers, no matter where you go. You can call, email, or message a colleague with a tap, and it's super easy to add someone's info to your phone's Contacts. BambooHR makes it quick and easy to plan and manage time off because you can request leaves while you are out. If you are a supervisor or have approval powers, you can also use the app to approve time-off requests.
- See who is out of the office
- Approve and deny time off requests
- Submit time off requests
- Supports single sign-on to login
- Free trial available at BambooHR
Finally, an app which can help small and large businesses with shift! Enter shifts and team members and make changes in no time. Your job will become easier, that is a promise. Whether you trying to organise workers for gas stations, drugstores, retail or Radio/TV schedules, you need to try this app!
- Your team members will have all work times and the information they need right at their fingertips.
- Easy to schedule shifts and to create team schedules
- Distribute team schedules and assignment scheduling information right from the app.
- Manage your team's work days, vacation scheduling, workload and days off.
This app is great for both managers and employees as it’s a brilliant option for scheduling work shifts, schedules and more. For managers, you can assign shifts, create shifts for pickup, send messages to employees, send group messages, share events, employee notifications, approve and deny requests for days off, export payroll, track overtime and more. For employees, you can view work schedules, see who you might be working with, requests off shifts or days and more. If you run your own business or are in a management position, then check out this app.
- Great for managers and employees
- Assign, Create and notify for shifts
- View your work schedule, See who you are working with
- Send direct messages, Send group messages
- Request days or shifts off
How to you make sure your employees never miss a scheduled shift? The When I Work Employee Scheduling app can certainly act as a helpful tool for both managers and employees. Through this app you'll be able to create, cancel, update, and publish the shifts of various employees. You can also use this for time tracking of your employees. Employees can use the app to clock in and then out, they will be alerted of upcoming shifts by SMS, shift change requests can be sent and approved through the app, and you can save the employee's shift template. Check out our app review for more details.
- Make sure your employees never miss a shift
- Employees will be sent shift reminders
- Create a template you can use time and time again
- View and accept time off requests
- Create, cancel, update, and publish shifts
Slack keeps all of your team communication in one place. It's always searchable and always available. You get file sharing, real-time-messaging, and one-on-one and group conversations. It integrates easily with Google+, Zendesk, Twitter, Asana, and Dropbox. You can sync instantly across all your devices, configure notifications for desktop, email, and mobile push, and create inline images and videos. If your work requires different people and/or different teams to collaborate on projects, then sign up for a free Slack account and get going. It will help you from missing meetings and unnecessary errors. Check out our review for more information!
- Keeps all of your team communication in one place
- Always searchable
- File sharing, real-time messaging
- One-on-one or group conversations
- Integrates with tools like Google+, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, and Zendesk
Salesforce Wave Analytics offers instant answers to important questions from any data source. This means the way your company leverages data will completely change, and every employee will become more valuable. This app has sample applications for you to check out to see how it can work for your company. You can view the dashboards to see your business performance and how it stacks up against the plan, make decisions based on the data you see, and perform searches across all your business data.
- Get instant answers from any data source
- Employees will become more valuable
- Don't wait for IT's help
- Sample applications
- Free employee management app
Hours, as the name indicates, is a time tracking app that you will actually enjoy using. It has a visual timeline, detailed reporting, and smart reminders. If you have ever forgotten to track your time, forgotten to note when you change tasks, or forgotten to stop a timer after you started one, you need Hours. You can set reminders to tell you at the right time to start and stop your timers, start, stop, or switch timers with one tap, use the visual timeline to identify and correct mistakes, add notes to your time entries, and more. Check out our review for more details.
- Visual timeline, smart reminders, detailed reports
- Set reminders for when to start or stop timers
- Use the visual timeline to identify mistakes
- Add notes to your time entries
- Free employee management app
Boomr keeps employees connected to each other in real-time. This is a cloud-based solution that will keep your workforce running at its best. Employees use the app on their iPhone or iPad to track the time they spend at work. The map uses GPS tracking so employees have to actually be at the location in order to log work hours. Managers can approve shifts and add employees from the app, and employees can check in from the same device using a different PIN each. Managers can visualize where their employees are and communicate about projects or tasks.
- Cloud-based solution
- Real-time access to your team
- Supports international currencies, date/number formatting
- Call or email for support
- Uses GPS tracking
Glint is an employee management app works with an account with the Glint website. It is optimized for human resources staff, execs, and managers to have access to employee engagement information. It's easy to use, secure, and makes the information you need available to you anytime and anywhere. You can compare results across teams, navigate pulse results across your whole organization, and view scores over time. This is an app that you will find essential if you are a Glint customer with a valid login.
- For Glint customers with a valid login
- Optimized for HR staff, managers, and executives
- Gain access to employee engagement information
- Secure and easy to use
- Free employee management app