When you travel, it's always a good idea to plan ahead. We found some great apps to make your airport experience better.
Best Airport apps for iPhone
1 May 2021, by AppPicker
The LoungeBuddy app for iPhone is the only app that makes it possible for all travellers to view, book, and access airport lounges around the world in seconds. From the casual traveler in economy to the seasoned road warrior, LoungeBuddy, which is one of the best apps for airports, will help you make the most of your time at the airport. It’s time you experienced travel - in style.
- Learn what lounges you may access for free or a one-time fee based on your trip, class of service, and any elite status, memberships, or credit cards you may have
- Look up over 800 of the busiest and most popular airports in the world (2000+ lounges)
- Filter by amenities and find the right lounge for your needs at the right time.
- View hours, location, ratings, reviews, photos, amenities, access requirements, and guest privileges for each lounge
- Share your photos, ratings, and reviews of lounges to help other members make the most of their lounge experience
The TSA app for iPhone is a useful app for airports that has been named the Best Government Mobile App from the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council, and earning TSA recognition as one of the Top 15 Government IT Innovators, “MyTSA” provides 24/7 access to information that passengers frequently request from TSA. With “MyTSA”, you can:
- Quickly search which items you can bring with you through the checkpoint onto the airplane.
- Request live assistance from TSA through the AskTSA social media integration.
- Check how historically busy the airport will be on your specific day and time of travel.
- Check crowd-sourced TSA security checkpoints wait times at the airport of your choice.
- Add your own TSA security checkpoints wait time for others to see (NOTE: You must be at the airport in order to report wait times).
FLIO, a great airport app for iPhone, is the best app to accompany you during your flights. With this app, you can get flight status updates, navigate through all airports stress-free, enjoy hundreds of food and shopping deals, book exclusive access to lounges and parking and compete with other travelers to see who travels the most. Named as one of ''The Best Travel Apps of 2018'', FLIO is the perfect digital tool for both frequent and occasional travellers. Covering content in more than 5.000 airports, the app optimises your time at the airport.
- Easily add your flights from your calendar (Apple or Google)
- Receive real-time updates about boarding time, delays, gate changes, flight status and baggage claim
- Get notified when you are entitled to flight delay compensation
- Save money with food and shopping vouchers and deals
- Book access for over 350 airline lounges worldwide
Mobile Passport app for iPhone enables U.S. and Canadian passport holders to streamline the international customs process at most major U.S. airports and cruise ports! This useful app for airports is trusted by over 9M people. They use the app to securely submit passports and CBP questions and access designated lanes in the inspection area. Just download this free app
- No background check, interview or pre-approval
- Complete passport profiles
- UPON ARRIVAL turn on Wi-Fi or data. Confirm Date & Time settings are set for current, local time zone. Submit passport(s) and CBP questions
- CBP will send an encrypted QR code receipt, which will expire after 4 hours
- Follow the signs for Mobile Passport Control and show your physical passport and QR code receipt, then briefly talk to a CBP officer
This parking app for airports focuses on hospitality, making it easy, comfortable and affordable to get a superior airport parking experience. The Airport Parking Spot app for iPhone makes it easier than ever for anyone parking and flying out of an airport near any of The Parking Spot’s 38 locations to make reservations, join The Spot Club frequent parker program, redeem points for free parking, and to spot signature shuttles to make the trip home even better.
- See the shuttles on the road as they near, for that peace of mind to know your ride is on its way
- With reservation functionality built into the app, guests can make sure there is a spot waiting for them
- View your points and other account information